PDA

View Full Version : A man shoots a suspected thief three times and is released by police.

DB2
01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Another one for the good guys. Probably not the smartest thing to do but it worked.:43:

Police Log

Staff report / Tracy Press / Saturday, 05 January 2008

A man shoots a suspected thief three times and is released by police.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A homeowner shot and wounded a man who he said was trying to steal a motorcycle from the back of his pickup early Friday morning on the 100 block of Victoria Court.

Police barricaded the street after the shooting shortly after 3:30 a.m., and the suspect was taken to a hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries.

Sean Dunbar, 31, shot 18-year-old Christian Bautista of Stockton three times in the hand and shoulder after a brief footchase, said Tracy detective Craig Kootstra. Bautista was taken to Sutter Tracy Community Hospital.

Dunbar kept him at gunpoint until police arrived. Bautista’s .38-caliber revolver was lying in the middle of the street and he was conscious when officers got on scene.

Officers questioned Dunbar and released him, while Bautista was arrested on suspicion of theft, assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a loaded firearm with the intent to commit a felony and carrying a concealed firearm.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/12987/2242/

ColdSteel
01-06-2008, 10:40 AM
.. Poor kid is screwed for life now. Oh well. He got what was coming to him.
Good for the homeowner.

762cavalier
01-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Wow, It is good the homeowner wasn't charged with anything. Here in Commiefornia anything is possible.

Sounds like the little dirtbag got what was coming to him. Some extra ventilation and a place to cool off after that.:D

hawk81
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
A lot of Californians don't realize you can make citizens arrests.

Max-the-Silent
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Another one for the good guys. Probably not the smartest thing to do but it worked.:43:

Police Log

Staff report / Tracy Press / Saturday, 05 January 2008

A man shoots a suspected thief three times and is released by police.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A homeowner shot and wounded a man who he said was trying to steal a motorcycle from the back of his pickup early Friday morning on the 100 block of Victoria Court.

Police barricaded the street after the shooting shortly after 3:30 a.m., and the suspect was taken to a hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries.

Sean Dunbar, 31, shot 18-year-old Christian Bautista of Stockton three times in the hand and shoulder after a brief footchase, said Tracy detective Craig Kootstra. Bautista was taken to Sutter Tracy Community Hospital.

Dunbar kept him at gunpoint until police arrived. Bautista’s .38-caliber revolver was lying in the middle of the street and he was conscious when officers got on scene.

Officers questioned Dunbar and released him, while Bautista was arrested on suspicion of theft, assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a loaded firearm with the intent to commit a felony and carrying a concealed firearm.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/12987/2242/

I wish Mr. Dunbar the best of luck.

MrTuffPaws
01-06-2008, 1:39 PM
I wish Mr. Dunbar the best of luck.

Exactly. Let's hope a civil suit doesn't head his way.

djslik408
01-06-2008, 1:44 PM
Im surprise the thief survived after taking the 3rd shot!

56Chevy
01-06-2008, 2:01 PM
Im surprise the thief survived after taking the 3rd shot!
Somebody needs to go to the range more often.:rolleyes:

USN CHIEF
01-06-2008, 2:08 PM
Good for the homeowner. I think that it was best for both parties that the suspect did not die. Definately good story here in California.

ViPER395
01-06-2008, 2:48 PM
Good for the homeowner.

Too bad he's such a bad shot :43:

tyrist
01-06-2008, 3:31 PM
He would not get in trouble for the shooting. The thief had a gun he probably dropped after getting hit.

apbrian112
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Good for the homeowner.

Too bad he's such a bad shot :43:

adrenaline will make you do some weird things! i had a CPT. unload a M9 point blank at a hadji running away after firing a rpg at one of bradley's... not a single shot hit that guy...

crap, i actually missed a whole building (2-story house) with an AT-4 from about 250 meters away... haha!! :p in my defense, my TC handed the AT-4 to me and told me i was good to go. the sights were already flipped up so i ASSumed that he had set the sights for the proper distance... eh, the rocket landed about 20 meters short... my fault for not checking if the sights were set properly (would have only taken me 2 secs to adjust, but the adrenaline was kicking)...