PDA

View Full Version : Standing rifle position

jakuda
08-24-2013, 3:59 PM
Coming from the bullseye pistol world, what is the proper or recommended hold and grip pressure for a standing rifle position for precision shooting?
Oh assume no sling, no jacket, all that stuff.

NorCalFocus
08-24-2013, 6:37 PM
No sling? The best way I practice is to drop the get into the target. Put the vertical cross hair on the target and slowly go down until the crosshairs meet on the target.

badlandsbutch
08-24-2013, 6:47 PM
Natural point of aim. Close eyes, open, until body is properly positioned for sight picture. Head erect, supporting arm under rifle, breathing and trigger pull and.....lots of practice!

badlandsbutch
08-24-2013, 6:48 PM
I should say trigger squeeze and follow through

jakuda
08-24-2013, 6:58 PM
Does the shooting hand "grip" the stock at all, or just resting essentially?

6mmintl
08-24-2013, 8:14 PM
I would suggest you look up position rifle shooting printed by the NRA, or come out to the local silhouette rifle shoots shot off hand and talk to some of the top regional and national shooters about the off hand position.

We shoot off hand silhouette at 200 meters at Chabot the 1st Sunday of each month, we also shoot 200/300/385/500 meter off hand silhouette the 1st Saturday of every month at the swiss rifle club in Gonzales. You could shot off the bench varmint style if you want at this match.

You can also come out to Sunnyvale rod and gun and shoot smallbore silhouette 40/60/77/100 meters with a 22 rimfire the 2nd Saturday of each month. you could shot off the bench varmint style if you want or have physical liabilities.

If you want/need to car pool for these events we usually have a spot available among the group of 2-54 shooters attending these events from redwood city.

feel free to contact me.