PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Bros Warning

justinLB
01-06-2008, 8:22 AM
My friend came over the other day with his brand new Stag 2H-T he had just purchased from Ammo Bros. When I start to look at it I notice it has NO rear sight! The spot where the rear sight was supposed to be mounted had a couple scuff marks, we could clearly see that the sight was mounted at the factory and then removed by Ammo Bros.

I also have a 2H-T upper but I ordered it online, so I know it comes with a flip-up rear sight and ergo foreend grips, Ammo Bros took them both off! When my friend called them they said "What? You didn't get a rear sight? Well come back in and well give you one." When we went to pick it up I had a look at their Stag uppers and they had removed the rear sight from every single upper!

They are relying on people's ignorance and taking off the rear sight and then reselling them for $100 bucks!

gn3hz3ku1*
01-06-2008, 8:45 AM
are the uppers behind the counter or at a place people can foldle withit? they might be sacred people can esily remove it and steal it?

ar15barrels
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
How are the prices?
They should be cheaper without the sight.

I sell Stag uppers without the sight, or with the sight depending on what the customer wants.
If a guy is doing an "optics only" build, I don't sell him a sight he does not need.

gn3hz3ku1*
01-06-2008, 12:00 PM
not sure if its the same place but I racall someplace in that area selling a free gun lock..... but hmmmmm I have heard much positive on ammo bros.... also like randal said wat was the price?? maybe they didn't intend to sell it with an arms40?

sloguy
01-06-2008, 12:31 PM
not sure if its the same place but I racall someplace in that area selling a free gun lock..... but hmmmmm I have heard much positive on ammo bros.... also like randal said wat was the price?? maybe they didn't intend to sell it with an arms40?

i remember that "selling free locks" thread.

we need a "shinanigins list". a list of guns shops and what stuff they have pulled. posts are able to be edited so keeping a fresh up to date list should be easy. and if the stories turn out untrue then its just as easy to edit that too.

maybe have a confirmed category, a rumor category ect.

KIDRR
01-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Interesting

Matt C
01-06-2008, 1:13 PM
Have you contacted Ammo Bros to resolve the situation? What was their response? I think it's a bit premature to be posting this complaint online. This is second hand information at best, and there are some obvious problems with your post, which BTW, conflicts with what I know personally of ammo bros, they are good people.

Until I hear something more convincing, :icon_bs:

VAHEVAHE
01-06-2008, 1:23 PM
Have you contacted Ammo Bros to resolve the situation? What was their response? I think it's a bit premature to be posting this complaint online. This is second hand information at best, and there are some obvious problems with your post, which BTW, conflicts with what I know personally of ammo bros, they are good people.

Until I hear something more convincing, :icon_bs:

+1 there good people

Addax
01-06-2008, 1:38 PM
I am sure it is a mis-understanding or an oversight on their part..

If they had a reputation or frequency of doing this, I am sure many more would have reported something similar.

Btw, they usually have 5-6 uppers on the counter for people to check out, and when it gets busy in there, it is not easy to keep an eye of 3 or 4 guys fondling the uppers, so I would also remove the rear sight if I were them, since some scumbag can possibly remove the sight and end up costing the store extra $$ to replace it..

Ammo Bros. is a great shop, and I have been there a few times, and every time I have dealt with them they have never messed around with me on a deal, in fact I got some discounts from them before at the register without asking for it when I was buying a bunch of stuff...

WokMaster1
01-06-2008, 1:55 PM
If you know what you are looking for & did your homework, you'd have notice that the BUIS was missing. 2 things you can do. Ask for it or negotiate for a lower price.

tenpercentfirearms
01-06-2008, 8:40 PM
This is no way is a comment on what might have really happened, but I can tell you that you don't accidently take the rear sights off of your 2HT and 2H models. It would take time and effort to remove them since they come installed.

Second, the last thing I am worried about in my shop is handing a guy and him busting out a screw driver and removing the rear sight off the the rifle I just handed him. My store gets busy and sometimes I take my eyes off of guys when we are packed, but the odds of someone taking the rear sight off and me not noticing when the firearm gets handed back are pretty darn slim. Not to mention if my store is full, someone else who likes me is going to probably notice and tell me, "Hey Wes, are you giving that guy who just busted out his screwdriver, removed that ARMS #40, and slipped it in his pocket?"

As Randall pointed out, it is possible they discounted the price to do that and that information is missing from this story.

Prc329
01-06-2008, 9:07 PM
I will be there tomorrow afternoon for a pick up but they are always stand up guys. 10 days ago when I went to dros my off list lower and a double star there was a stag 2h on the desk for $479 with no rear sight. I am not sure what the guy paid or what the current price of stag 2Hs are but that is what the sticker said. I am pretty sure it was a 2H. Like I said I'll be there tomorrow so I'll double check. I would also have your friend take tell you what he paid because if it was reduced price due to no rear sight then what's the problem?

Also last time I was there they ad no ARMS sights in the case, just MI rear sights and some off brand gun show sight.

tankerman
01-06-2008, 9:58 PM
I would like to hear Ammo Bros side of the story.

If you read some of the other threads about Ammo Bros you will notice there have been some less than straight forward dealings that a few folks have had with Dustin and company, myself included.

I'm not ready to condemn Ammo Bros over this incident yet, lets hear what they have to say first.

I am sure it is a mis-understanding or an oversight on their part..

If they had a reputation or frequency of doing this, I am sure many more would have reported something similar.

Btw, they usually have 5-6 uppers on the counter for people to check out, and when it gets busy in there, it is not easy to keep an eye of 3 or 4 guys fondling the uppers, so I would also remove the rear sight if I were them, since some scumbag can possibly remove the sight and end up costing the store extra $$ to replace it..

Ammo Bros. is a great shop, and I have been there a few times, and every time I have dealt with them they have never messed around with me on a deal, in fact I got some discounts from them before at the register without asking for it when I was buying a bunch of stuff...

ar15barrels
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
As Randall pointed out, it is possible they discounted the price to do that and that information is missing from this story.

10 days ago when I went to dros my off list lower and a double star there was a stag 2h on the desk for $479 with no rear sight.

There you go.
List price WITH an ARMS #40 is $525.
Take the sight off and sell it for $479.

I usually sell them for about $460 without the sight.

Prc329
01-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I would like to hear Ammo Bros side of the story.

If you read some of the other threads about Ammo Bros you will notice there have been some less than straight forward dealings that a few folks have had with Dustin and company, myself included.

I'm not ready to condemn Ammo Bros over this incident yet, lets hear what they have to say first.

I think first we need to see what JustinLB's friend paid for the upper. Like I said if it was discounted then what is the problem? No need to hear Ammo Bros side of the story.

tankerman
01-07-2008, 5:57 AM
If the dude ordered a particular item and it comes with the said accessories, then it does not matter what he paid for the upper, he still got less than what was agreed to.

Like picking out a car at a dealership, paying for it, but when you get in to go home the stereos been yanked outgone. According to your logic that would be acceptable if "you paid less" (got a deal).

I think first we need to see what JustinLB's friend paid for the upper. Like I said if it was discounted then what is the problem? No need to hear Ammo Bros side of the story.

bobfried
01-07-2008, 7:29 AM
If the dude ordered a particular item and it comes with the said accessories, then it does not matter what he paid for the upper, he still got less than what was agreed to.

Like picking out a car at a dealership, paying for it, but when you get in to go home the stereos been yanked outgone. According to your logic that would be acceptable if "you paid less" (got a deal).

There's the rub.

He didn't order anything, he bought it "off the showroom floor" so to speak. This is where many people in this thread seem to demonize AB without throughly reviewing the situation. The example above is grossly skewed and is just plain wrong, it should be as follow:

If you go to a dealership to buy a car off the showroom floor, see that there's no stereo and paid an agreed price, than you made a deal. Coming back to said dealer and demanding that it should have came with a stereo when such an item should clearly be evident upon delivery is ignorant. The car (or the upper in this case) wasn't ordered from some mysterious wizard sight unseen, it was handled, inspected, bargained over, agreed on price and the buyer took hand delivery.

This is yet another sign of consumer gross negligence. The worst cases of this is the recent scathes of ARM going to default because the home buyers said they never knew a Mortgage could have it's Rates Adjusted. They of course completely leave out the fact that an ARM stands for an Adjustable Rate Mortgage.

Going back to this case, the buyer knew exactly what they were buying, went home, talked to some friend about a completely unrelated purchase and developed a sense of entitlement. Just because you gut a BUIS off of a dealer ordering it online somewhere, doesn't mean it will automatically come with one from a retail store. It doesn't matter if the guy paid $100 or $1,000; he made a deal IN PERSON knowing full well the terms of the deal.

The only situation where I would side with the OP in this case is if the buyer was shown a compelte Stag upper with the BUIS than they swapped another one without when they gave them the box. But I doubt that's the case, I don't know of any enthusiast that wouldn't immediately finger f*** an upper the moment they pay for it.

Caveat Emptor!

justinLB
01-07-2008, 7:42 AM
Out the door it was $750

Prc329
01-07-2008, 7:47 AM
$750 for the upper or complete rifle?

ar15barrels
01-07-2008, 9:14 AM
Out the door it was $750

List price is $695 for a 2HT including the ARMS #40
Add CA sales tax (8.25%) of $57.34
Grand total is 752.34

Something is amiss here. ;)

HKROB
01-07-2008, 4:47 PM
List price is $695 for a 2HT including the ARMS #40
Add CA sales tax (8.25%) of $57.34
Grand total is 752.34

Something is amiss here. ;)

One of the guys I work with got that same upper (from ammo bros) in late 2006 for $695 out the door with no rear sight :(.

tankerman
01-07-2008, 5:01 PM
If you buy a buy a Quarter Pounder and it isn't a Q/P, and you shouldn't call it one.

If you are selling a Stag 2H-T and it doesn't have the rear sight on it and Stag says that model comes with one, then don't call it a 2H-T.

Rub? Or scam?

Nice try at sensationalism

There's the rub.

He didn't order anything, he bought it "off the showroom floor" so to speak. This is where many people in this thread seem to demonize AB without throughly reviewing the situation. The example above is grossly skewed and is just plain wrong, it should be as follow:

If you go to a dealership to buy a car off the showroom floor, see that there's no stereo and paid an agreed price, than you made a deal. Coming back to said dealer and demanding that it should have came with a stereo when such an item should clearly be evident upon delivery is ignorant. The car (or the upper in this case) wasn't ordered from some mysterious wizard sight unseen, it was handled, inspected, bargained over, agreed on price and the buyer took hand delivery.

This is yet another sign of consumer gross negligence. The worst cases of this is the recent scathes of ARM going to default because the home buyers said they never knew a Mortgage could have it's Rates Adjusted. They of course completely leave out the fact that an ARM stands for an Adjustable Rate Mortgage.

Going back to this case, the buyer knew exactly what they were buying, went home, talked to some friend about a completely unrelated purchase and developed a sense of entitlement. Just because you gut a BUIS off of a dealer ordering it online somewhere, doesn't mean it will automatically come with one from a retail store. It doesn't matter if the guy paid $100 or $1,000; he made a deal IN PERSON knowing full well the terms of the deal.

The only situation where I would side with the OP in this case is if the buyer was shown a compelte Stag upper with the BUIS than they swapped another one without when they gave them the box. But I doubt that's the case, I don't know of any enthusiast that wouldn't immediately finger f*** an upper the moment they pay for it.

Caveat Emptor!

ar15barrels
01-07-2008, 5:19 PM
One of the guys I work with got that same upper (from ammo bros) in late 2006 for $695 out the door with no rear sight :(.

That would be about right.
Deduct about $50 for the sight and add $50 worth of sales tax.

gn3hz3ku1*
01-07-2008, 5:24 PM
hmm one of the posters made a valid pt.. don't call it a 2ht if ur taking parts of.....

Prc329
01-07-2008, 5:39 PM
They did fix it correct? BTW I was there today and yeah the Stags did not have rear sights. They also didn't have any ARMS rear sights for sale. They did have a couple with carry handles for a good price. I forget how much but I remember thinking it was a fair price. I didn't get a chance to talk to Dustin about it because I was a little busy picking up my lowers and checking out a Sig 556 that was on display, bullet button and all :D

HKROB
01-07-2008, 6:40 PM
They did fix it correct? BTW I was there today and yeah the Stags did not have rear sights. They also didn't have any ARMS rear sights for sale. They did have a couple with carry handles for a good price. I forget how much but I remember thinking it was a fair price. I didn't get a chance to talk to Dustin about it because I was a little busy picking up my lowers and checking out a Sig 556 that was on display, bullet button and all :D

What was the price on the Sig 556.

glk-21
01-07-2008, 6:51 PM
sneaky!!!

Hoop
01-07-2008, 7:02 PM
Out the door it was $750

Holy ****.

I don't mind paying a premium for something if it's a little custom - say different handguards, barrel, what have you - but...

I'm sure some of the vendors on this site could've gotten you one for much less than that shipped to your door ;)

tankerman
01-07-2008, 7:15 PM
Your previous post used mighty strong words and now you are trying to white wash the situation.

Picking up your lowers huh, sounds like it would have been a perfect time to speak with Dustin.............. if you had wanted to.:rolleyes:

Wonder what the manufacturer would think?

Shady.

tenpercentfirearms
01-08-2008, 7:06 AM
The manufacturer doesn't give a damn. They collect the money, they go out the shipping door, and they are happy.

A 2HT is still a 2HT whether I take the sight off it or not.

Lets not get all petty and technical on this by discussing what should or shouldn't come on the gun or what the name is...yada, yada, yada.

It is simple. Is it clear you are not buying an upper without a rear sight? If it is clear it does not come with the rear sight when you purchase it, then it really wouldn't matter what you paid for it as you knowingly and willingly paid whatever price you paid without a rear sight.

If Ammo Bros is taking off the sights and selling them for $695 still, as long as they are fully disclosing this to the customer, they are not doing anything wrong. Many consumers may not like it, but that is why you then choose not to business there or you tell them, "I can get it with a sight on it for the same price from Ten Percent Firearms, but I would rather buy it here so I don't have to wait two days for it to show up." If they say no, move on.

I have done a ton of business with PRC329 and I mean a ton. If he says he didn't get a chance to talk to him, I believe him. Even if he is padding it, I still don't care and will still evaluate this on what Ammo Bros says and hold nothing against PRC329.

Lets stop the speculation and beating around the bush. This topic shouldn't be that hard. Hell, why doesn't anyone just call them and ask them what the deal is? :confused:

Prc329
01-08-2008, 7:42 AM
Just because someone thinks I am white washing the situation here is what went down.

I got there during my lunch break from work. Takes me about 15 minutes to get there from my job. I walk in and there is about 6 guys in there. A cop drosing a lower, his girlfriend, an a couple of other guys milling around the desk asking questions about ARs and optics. Darren is helping the cop, Dustin is helping another customer and another guy who's name I can't recall is helping someone else. So I make my way over to the counter and look at the uppers and drool over the 1919. I notice a few DPMS uppers and a couple of Stags. No Stag 2hts but there is a 2h. It did not have a rear sight on it and no price tag, non of the oppers had rear sights but the ones that had carry handles on them. There was an upper with what looked like a 20" barrel, rail and picittany (sp?) railed gas block with no sights for $695 and what I believe was a 2H with a carry handle. I forget the price but I do remember thinking it was good.

That is when I noticed Darren was done so I can go and get my lowers. I head over but a guy asked about MI sights (which they were out of). I then got into a conversation about the Off List Lower I got from 10% and talked about how Ammo Bros and 10% are two of the good guys I like to deal with. Darren went off looking for my Double Star and my OLL lower. I take a quick look in the case where the sights are and I see a bunch of MI front sights and some off brand stuff.

In the mean while Dustin is helping a guy with an ACOG and I noticed the 556. It had a folding stock and I noticed the bullet button and what looked like a C-Product mag. They were using it to demo the Acog that was mounted. I remember this pretty clearly cause I got a chuckle off the guy asking what the 300 means on the sight. Basically he was about to spend a lot of money on an optic he new absolutely nothing about except it was cool looking and the military uses them. Dustin told he it was bullet drop compensated for the 556 round and those numbers were meter marks. I did not ask a price cause then the FN SPR on the desk caught my eye. I've been drooling over that thing for a few months now, just can't justify buying it with my Remmy in my safe. A Mossberg semi-auto shotgun with ghost ring sights and a speed feed stock on it also distracted me.

Then Darren brings me my lowers, we finish the paperwork, Dustin comes over and laughs about the OFF LIST LOWER and I completely forget to ask about the 2H-T cause I noticed I was late to get back from lunch so I left.

They were pretty busy so I did not get a chance to ask.

If this is a normal policy to remove the sights or if they are ordered that way is unknown to me. I can say that I have never seen an ARMS sight in there case and the Stag I bought from them a while ago did have one on it and was new in the box. Dustin puled it off the top of the spinner case that usually has the C&R stuff in it. It also appears to me they were cool and fixed the OPs friends upper as well.

!@#$
01-08-2008, 8:00 AM
the real question is why in the hell would anyone pay $700 for a stag upper? you could get a colt,lmt,sabre,or cmmg.:eek:

bobfried
01-08-2008, 8:04 AM
If you buy a buy a Quarter Pounder and it isn't a Q/P, and you shouldn't call it one.

If you are selling a Stag 2H-T and it doesn't have the rear sight on it and Stag says that model comes with one, then don't call it a 2H-T.

Rub? Or scam?

Nice try at sensationalism

I don't think you understand what you yourself are saying. The person IS NOT buying it from Stag. They're buying it from AB. If you buy a Q/P, than you should buy it from McDonalds and can be fairly sure it is a Q/P. If your buying it from "Jack's Inside a Box Burger Store" than your buying what such a store claims to be a Q/P. It could be, but it doesn't have to exactly be a Q/P. They can add some lettuce, take away the pickles and sell it to you as a Q/P.

I'm not sure where the sensationalism comment comes from as I did not try to be, just attempting to infuse some common sense into the discussion. The buyer in question, DID NOT buy such an upper form any company called Stag. He bought "an upper" from AB, no matter how it is advertised, he's buying it from AB and NOT Stag. He was able to see all the other uppers they are selling and inspect it before taking delivery. He agreed when he paid that it was as advertised (what is PHYSICALLY on the shelf) and what he wanted.

Again, I will try to make my point. If you buy a Q/P from a store that isn't McDonald's, why would you assume that it will exactly be a Q/P? By your post you expect to buy a BMW from a Honda dealership and expect it to have all the advertised options that BMW tout in an advertising campaign. You would also expect everyone to buy the advertised BMW for the same exact price? I will tell you right now that I have bought BMW's for $15,000 BELOW they're MSRP, have bought Honda's for $2000-5,000 below MSRP and have gotten extensive options thrown in for free. I have also paid several thousands over MSRP for a car that was hard to get and did not come with options such a price should have commanded. I have even bought cars that were clearly nothing like what the manufacturer advertised, because it was available there at my LOCAL INDEPENDENT dealership.

AB as far as I can tell, sold an item EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED in their store. They did not post a picture or an upper with a rear BUIS than switched out an upper without one. They do not advertise an upper with a rear BUIS at all. So when someone agrees to buy such an upper, he/she can clearly see exactly what they are buying. Now if someone can show me proof that AB was advertising it and touting that they were selling such an upper with the rear BUIS than I take everything I said back, but if they did not than they did nothing wrong.

Do not give over simplistic answer, give me a good counter to why someone would expect an item to be when they do not buy it from the source which originally advertise an item as such.

PIRATE14
01-08-2008, 8:32 AM
the real question is why in the hell would anyone pay $700 for a stag upper? you could get a colt,lmt,sabre,or cmmg.:eek:

Has a factory quad rail.....they wanted a STAG upper...;)

PIRATE14
01-08-2008, 8:39 AM
While, I agree w/ you get what you see.......

This is why...it's a bad idea to start parts substitution or start mixing parts.....

Guy buys a CMMG, should get a CMMG......etc.

There are too many different kinds of AR parts and of varing quality.....

Now, you should go back to AB, to discuss your options first, if you think you've been cheated....than bring it to the CG hive mind for discussion....

maschronic
01-08-2008, 8:43 AM
ya know, i've been going to Ammo Bros for some time. All their uppers have the rear sights removed.

if you guys have been there when it is busy, there is 10 customers waiting to buy/look/pickup things. with only 3-4 employees, you can't watch over everything. i would also removed the rear sights too.

we are all human.....well, most of us anyways. haha. we all make mistakes. i'm sure of it that it was a mistake on their part. i'm sure they didn't do it to "scam" people. Dustin, Frank and the rest of the crew are good people!!

when JustinsLB's friend called them, AB said that they will give him a rear sight. i mean....if they were trying to scam him, AB would have said that he has to buy it. since AB said that they will give him one, that tells me that AB made a mistake and IS correcting it.

before you start bashing our local gun shops, just think about the whole pictures and the end result

Hoop
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
ya know, i've been going to Ammo Bros for some time. All their uppers have the rear sights removed.

if you guys have been there when it is busy, there is 10 customers waiting to buy/look/pickup things. with only 3-4 employees, you can't watch over everything. i would also removed the rear sights too.

I about busted a nut to get the rear sight off a buddy's 2h upper. I'd imagine someone banging around on an upper with a screwdriver in a crowded store would be pretty obvious.

chickenfried
01-08-2008, 1:08 PM
Is this an example of why I should support the higher priced local guys?
:hide:

davedog665
01-08-2008, 1:26 PM
Yup support the sites vendors, save money, and get what you paid for. Got my 2ht from coldwar shooters shipped with a rear buis for much much cheaper

Prc329
01-08-2008, 1:34 PM
Is this an example of why I should support the higher priced local guys?
:hide:

You support the local guy because you want a good FFL to do your transfers and buy lower, etc. Without FFLs like Ammo Bros the OLL industry in CA wouldn't exist.

Ammo Bros is a good group of guys. They have always been on the up and up. There has been 2 things that have come up as a negative and each one has been corrected from what I can tell. They gave the guy his rear sight and didn't charge him and I believe they fixed the lock thing.

I'll continue to shop there.

tankerman
01-08-2008, 4:34 PM
When I look at the 2HT on Stag's website it tells you what comes on the upper, the rear sight is listed. Next your going to tell me if you take off the handguards it still a 2HT. Give me breaK.
http://www.stagarms.com/cart/images/2ht.gif

Stag-15 Complete Upper Half A.R.M.S. #40L
Factory installed Samson tactical rail
Model 2HT Pre-Ban
MSRP
$695.00

I bet you don't want to get technical by discussing what should or should not come on a gun or what the name/model # is... because if we did discuss that then YOU would not have a sound argument. Gee, I always thought that the MODEL NAME AND NUMBER were how you knew which product was what?

The manufacturer doesn't give a damn. They collect the money, they go out the shipping door, and they are happy.

A 2HT is still a 2HT whether I take the sight off it or not.

Lets not get all petty and technical on this by discussing what should or shouldn't come on the gun or what the name is...yada, yada, yada.

It is simple. Is it clear you are not buying an upper without a rear sight? If it is clear it does not come with the rear sight when you purchase it, then it really wouldn't matter what you paid for it as you knowingly and willingly paid whatever price you paid without a rear sight.

If Ammo Bros is taking off the sights and selling them for $695 still, as long as they are fully disclosing this to the customer, they are not doing anything wrong. Many consumers may not like it, but that is why you then choose not to business there or you tell them, "I can get it with a sight on it for the same price from Ten Percent Firearms, but I would rather buy it here so I don't have to wait two days for it to show up." If they say no, move on.

I have done a ton of business with PRC329 and I mean a ton. If he says he didn't get a chance to talk to him, I believe him. Even if he is padding it, I still don't care and will still evaluate this on what Ammo Bros says and hold nothing against PRC329.

Lets stop the speculation and beating around the bush. This topic shouldn't be that hard. Hell, why doesn't anyone just call them and ask them what the deal is? :confused:

tankerman
01-08-2008, 4:47 PM
I don't think you understand what you yourself are saying. The person IS NOT buying it from Stag. They're buying it from AB. If you buy a Q/P, than you should buy it from McDonalds and can be fairly sure it is a Q/P. If your buying it from "Jack's Inside a Box Burger Store" than your buying what such a store claims to be a Q/P. It could be, but it doesn't have to exactly be a Q/P. They can add some lettuce, take away the pickles and sell it to you as a Q/P.

I'm not sure where the sensationalism comment comes from as I did not try to be, just attempting to infuse some common sense into the discussion. The buyer in question, DID NOT buy such an upper form any company called Stag. He bought "an upper" from AB, no matter how it is advertised, he's buying it from AB and NOT Stag. He was able to see all the other uppers they are selling and inspect it before taking delivery. He agreed when he paid that it was as advertised (what is PHYSICALLY on the shelf) and what he wanted.

Again, I will try to make my point. If you buy a Q/P from a store that isn't McDonald's, why would you assume that it will exactly be a Q/P? By your post you expect to buy a BMW from a Honda dealership and expect it to have all the advertised options that BMW tout in an advertising campaign. You would also expect everyone to buy the advertised BMW for the same exact price? I will tell you right now that I have bought BMW's for $15,000 BELOW they're MSRP, have bought Honda's for $2000-5,000 below MSRP and have gotten extensive options thrown in for free. I have also paid several thousands over MSRP for a car that was hard to get and did not come with options such a price should have commanded. I have even bought cars that were clearly nothing like what the manufacturer advertised, because it was available there at my LOCAL INDEPENDENT dealership.

AB as far as I can tell, sold an item EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED in their store. They did not post a picture or an upper with a rear BUIS than switched out an upper without one. They do not advertise an upper with a rear BUIS at all. So when someone agrees to buy such an upper, he/she can clearly see exactly what they are buying. Now if someone can show me proof that AB was advertising it and touting that they were selling such an upper with the rear BUIS than I take everything I said back, but if they did not than they did nothing wrong.

Do not give over simplistic answer, give me a good counter to why someone would expect an item to be when they do not buy it from the source which originally advertise an item as such.

I will stick to one single over simplistic answer.
http://www.stagarms.com/cart/images/2ht.gif

Stag-15 Complete Upper Half A.R.M.S. #40L
Factory installed Samson tactical rail
Model 2HT Pre-Ban
MSRP
$695.00

From their website. The 2HT comes with A.R.M.S. #40L. This is what they come with, it (rear sight) is not an accessory it is standard equipment and the rear sight is a part of what makes it a 2HT. Notice the part that says COMPLETE UPPER HALF. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this out.

To me this is just more AMMO BROS BS. I have personally seen there shaddiness as have others. I have posted about them as have others.

And yes I do understand myself perfectly , thank you.

CaliGunOwner
01-08-2008, 9:04 PM
From my dealings w/ those guys, they seem like a group of stand up guys just trying to keep a gun shop open in Ca...

Addax
01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
So did we find out anything new on this situation? Just curious to see if it was resolved or not?

tankerman
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
From my dealings w/ those guys, they seem like a group of stand up guys just trying to keep a gun shop open in Ca...
What does "group of stand up guys" mean?:confused:

chokeyourself!
01-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I've never had a problem with these guy's, that's my #1 spot to buy guns and ammo.

apbrian112
01-08-2008, 10:57 PM
i've only done transfers at the store (bought ammo at gun shows too) and haven't had a problem... but if this is true, then that sucks... if that's the price they sell it at w/o the sight then that's their business and since there are plenty of dealers who sell stag uppers at below MSRP/MAP it's up to the consumer to decide where to purchase their upper. however, if the upper was marked and sold as a "STAG 2HT" upper, then it should have included the rear sight. just my .02.

chickenfried
01-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Well the friend got the sight. But we still don't know the details of the sale. If it was described as a 2HT minus rear sight, kosher in my book. If sold as a 2ht but no mention made that the sights were taken off. Well that's shady even if it got resolved later. Same as not including all the magazines that were shipped with a particular model firearm hoping the customer doesn't know how many are supposed to come with it.

GartenZwerge
01-08-2008, 11:19 PM

[/B]

I had a car dealer demand i bring my car back so they could uninstall parts...um no?

tenpercentfirearms
01-09-2008, 7:04 AM
You don't have to agree with me, but many vendors sell 2HTs without the sights for a lower price. You can argue that they should call it something else all you want, but if someone calls it a 2HT without the rear sight, you still know what it is.

Personally, I just sell the 2HT as it is supplied from the factory and if the guy wants something else, I horse trade. Well, not really a horse since some people like to be real technical. So I guess I mean I like to another rear sight trade. :rolleyes:

accordingtoome
01-09-2008, 7:09 AM
Their prices seem really high on most stuff.. but hey, you have to pay rent.

Prc329
01-09-2008, 8:56 AM
Except for maybe 10% and a couple of other guys like Pete with Legal Transfers there prices usually work out to what you would pay with shipping on larger items.

Somethings I refuse to buy there because it is just so damn expensive period. Ammo, unless I am dead tired and don't feel like sitting in my garage for an hour at 10pm I'll buy from them. There price on a can of plinking 308 for my M14 was pretty good. They are the only cats I have found FGMM in 175g in the local area. Turners selection is a joke in this area. Once in a blue moon they get BH. Some of there guns are overpriced. There AK price seems a bit high last time I asked but they will match prices as well as they guarantee there reloads and will take them back if you don't like them.

They were also the only people in the area that was able to get me a 700 SPS Varmint in 308. Turners had 2 "on order" but never came threw, The Stockade couldn't find one and would have cost the same to go threw an out of state dealer. Dustin ordered it and matched Turners price.

I've heard a couple of horror stories but they have stepped up and fixed the situation. So they keep there Prc329's approval rating.

bobfried
01-09-2008, 8:59 AM
I had a car dealer demand i bring my car back so they could uninstall parts...um no?

That doesn't even make sense. And how on earth did you arrive at that comment from my comment?

I was saying more along the line:

You go back to the dealer because you though that a car you just bought and took home should come with a leather interior. Even though you bought a car on the lot, inspected it before hand and took delivery of it the same day. Along the way you looked at it a few time, drove it once, fingered it incessantly, haggle over the price and finally agreed to buy the car. What do you think the dealer would do when he sees you coming back? And say you took it to small claims court, what do you think the judge would say?

That was my point, I'm not even sure how you arrive at your comment, really does puzzle me greatly.

bobfried
01-09-2008, 9:07 AM
I will stick to one single over simplistic answer.
........You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this out.

To me this is just more AMMO BROS BS. I have personally seen there shaddiness as have others. I have posted about them as have others.

And yes I do understand myself perfectly , thank you.

Your absolutely right, that is how it is advertised and sold by Stag.

But AB is NOT Stag nor do they claim to be. You are buying it from AB in person and from their inventory, not Stag. I still don't think you understood that point. You buy something from a store and the store over charges you, that doesn't mean nor does it ever will that the manufacturer is responsible. My point is quite clear, the person did not buy it from Stag, they bought an item from AB. It's the exact same case where I see people rave about how they bought a Ruger 22/45 for $150 more than what I paid. The shop they bought it from isn't particularly heinous, they are doing business. It just happens that the shop I choose to frequent charges little mark up and rely on good will rather than pure profit to stay in business.

I don't go on car dealerships and tell people that I just bought the exact same car they bought $18,000 (actual example, I paid $47,500 OTD and all the people I met in the car club I subsequently joined paid over $65,000 for their's out the door with the exact same options or less) less than what they're going to pay out the door. It's the buyer's job to find out if they're getting a good deal, not the business to make sure that they do.

Again, it's between AB and the buyer. Stag has nothing to do with the transaction.

And yes I do agree with you, I have seen a few "strange" things take place at AB. As a matter of fact I buy nothing from them but ammo, which they have a great reputation for along with awesome prices. I have never recommended them to anyone for anything other than ammo and ammo only. For everything else I only recommend Ade's.

ar15barrels
01-09-2008, 9:17 AM
I'm not even sure how you arrive at your comment, really does puzzle me greatly.

I think that perhaps he actually HAD a dealer tell him to bring a car back because it had some option that was not on the sales order and therefore not charged for because some salesman screwed up. ;)

In the gunshop analogy, they accidentally left an aimpoint in the box with the Stag 2HT upper and they want the aimpoint back.

Addax
01-09-2008, 9:49 AM
You don't have to agree with me, but many vendors sell 2HTs without the sights for a lower price. You can argue that they should call it something else all you want, but if someone calls it a 2HT without the rear sight, you still know what it is.

Personally, I just sell the 2HT as it is supplied from the factory and if the guy wants something else, I horse trade. Well, not really a horse since some people like to be real technical. So I guess I mean I like to another rear sight trade. :rolleyes:

This makes sense Wes.

If I wanted a 2HT, and I do not really need the rear sight and I would like the option of picking up this upper minus the sight at a lower cost.

justinLB
01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Let me start be saying that I AGREE the Ammo Bros are knowledgeable, helpful, and polite to those just learning of OLL's, an extremely rare find in any gun store today. I personally have spent MANY paychecks there.
I am warning people to make sure they get all the accessories they pay for. The Stag uppers are also supposed to include an M-16 operators manual and those are also pulled and sold separately, but I suppose that the manual is not included in the price of their uppers.
My friend paid them $750 and they never said a word about it not having a rear sight. He came to my house and I noticed there was no rear sight and he had to call them and tell them for that price it is supposed to come with the rear sight and Ergo grip panels. He was given a MI sight and Ergo grips with no further hassle.
It just seems that if you don't know about the rear sight they aren't going to tell you. If I hadn't of told me friend about the sight he would of went back that night and bought the MI sight for another $100 bucks!!

chickenfried
01-09-2008, 11:04 AM
How could you not consider this practice shady? Doesn't sound like a business on the "up and up" or a "group of stand up" guys to me. How is this any different than the example I gave, not including all the magazines that shipped with a firearm hoping the customer doesn't know how many are supposed to be included? I'd stick with people that will transfer OLL and not attempt to get away with petty little rip offs they think people won't notice.

gn3hz3ku1*
01-09-2008, 6:16 PM
tankerman.. I have delt with prc many times he is far from shady or whitewashing anything...Your previous post used mighty strong words and now you are trying to white wash the situation.

Picking up your lowers huh, sounds like it would have been a perfect time to speak with Dustin.............. if you had wanted to.:rolleyes:

Wonder what the manufacturer would think?

Shady.

pklin1297
01-10-2008, 4:42 PM
Still would like to hear from Ammo Bros to see what they have to say in regards to this situation. They are owed that courtesy before people here start pinning the "gunshop who cheats people" button on them, as they have always had good history with people here and over at Arfcom.

tankerman
01-10-2008, 6:09 PM
tankerman.. I have delt with prc many times he is far from shady or whitewashing anything...
Obviuosly "shaddy" does not refer to PRC

tankerman
01-10-2008, 6:11 PM
Still would like to hear from Ammo Bros to see what they have to say in regards to this situation. They are owed that courtesy before people here start pinning the "gunshop who cheats people" button on them, as they have always had good history with people here and over at Arfcom.
Wrong. Do not use the ALWAYS, you are WRONG.

I get tired of hearing responses from shops/people about bad service or rip-offs only after the dealing is posted.

bigredhalf
01-10-2008, 7:29 PM
hello cal gunners . this is dustin from ammo brothers. yes a stag upper was sold without a rear sight. we do sell the rear sights off the uppers if we are out.i am still out or rear sights at this time.i have sold every rear sight in my store. i sell them to customers like all of you guys that need them, if i am out i will take them off of one of the uppers we have.when the customer called me told me what happen i was upset , because one of my guys droped the ball on that but it was not done out of greed or trying to be shaddy. customers ask to buy parts off of guns all the time. the customer came back to the store and i got him a rear sight off another upper . i go out of my way to help my customers i even made house calls too. but we still can make a mistake time to time. if you have a problum ,just talk to me and i can help fix it.

Thank You

Dustin Mohacsi
Ammo Brothers

1911su16b870
01-10-2008, 7:35 PM
...just talk to me and i can help fix it.

Thank You

Dustin Mohacsi
Ammo Brothers

A big +1 to you and your most excellent firearm establishment!

pklin1297
01-10-2008, 7:38 PM
Wrong. Do not use the ALWAYS, you are WRONG.

I get tired of hearing responses from shops/people about bad service or rip-offs only after the dealing is posted.

wow tankerman... I am sorry... sorry for whatever happened to you before all the responses you've made on this thread... Someone or something has definitely irked you that extend beyond this thread...

I can no longer use the word "always" when it comes Ammo Bros, since I've now been made aware of this thread... The first negative review of Ammo Bros that I've personally read...

Hey Dustin, thank you for responding! I need to drop by your shop soon to hopefully pick up some 7.62x54R ammo for my Mosin.

gn3hz3ku1*
01-10-2008, 7:44 PM
hey dustin do you guys sell 308 reloads? if so how much

tankerman
01-10-2008, 7:48 PM
wow tankerman... I am sorry... sorry for whatever happened to you before all the responses you've made on this thread... Someone or something has definitely irked you that extend beyond this thread...

I can no longer use the word "always" when it comes Ammo Bros, since I've now been made aware of this thread... The first negative review of Ammo Bros that I've personally read...

Hey Dustin, thank you for responding! I need to drop by your shop soon to hopefully pick up some 7.62x54R ammo for my Mosin.
All you have to do is use the "search button" when you are ready to read more.

pklin1297
01-10-2008, 7:51 PM
All you have to do is use the "search button" when you are ready to read more.

I think I'll go see them for myself this time... Thanks.

Prc329
01-10-2008, 8:01 PM
hey dustin do you guys sell 308 reloads? if so how much

I'm still shooting threw a 250 round can I bought. Very nice stuff. Not match grade but I'm shooting it in my M14. It is 150 grain bullets. I believe it was under $150 but don't hold me to it.

Prc329
01-10-2008, 8:03 PM
hello cal gunners . this is dustin from ammo brothers. yes a stag upper was sold without a rear sight. we do sell the rear sights off the uppers if we are out.i am still out or rear sights at this time.i have sold every rear sight in my store. i sell them to customers like all of you guys that need them, if i am out i will take them off of one of the uppers we have.when the customer called me told me what happen i was upset , because one of my guys droped the ball on that but it was not done out of greed or trying to be shaddy. customers ask to buy parts off of guns all the time. the customer came back to the store and i got him a rear sight off another upper . i go out of my way to help my customers i even made house calls too. but we still can make a mistake time to time. if you have a problum ,just talk to me and i can help fix it.

Thank You

Dustin Mohacsi
Ammo Brothers

Not that you needed to but you have earned a life long customer :)

futureExpat
02-19-2008, 8:00 PM
The guy at turners told me to check out ammo bros for my rifle purchase, after his post i am there for sure!

savageevo
02-19-2008, 11:12 PM
The guys at ammobros are good guys. If they know they made a mistake, they will fix it. its always better to talk and square away the problems first before posting these comments online. I have bought a few things from them and they are always professional at what they do.

MrLogan
02-20-2008, 7:05 AM
The guys at ammobros are good guys. If they know they made a mistake, they will fix it. its always better to talk and square away the problems first before posting these comments online. I have bought a few things from them and they are always professional at what they do.

+1

Square it away before posting about it.

Bagger
02-20-2008, 7:32 PM
There located on the Counter.
i could see why they might remove them.

Bagger
02-20-2008, 7:34 PM
Yes The guys there are great and Friendly.

1lostinspace
02-20-2008, 8:43 PM
I have shopped there a few times and they seemed nice, their wasers are $600+ but other then that everything seemed normal, why would they take off the rear sights??? That does not make for good business.

duenor
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
eh...

The lesson that I come away with from this thread is...

check what's in the bag to make sure you got your fries with your burger.

1lostinspace
02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
eh...

The lesson that I come away with from this thread is...

check what's in the bag to make sure you got your fries with your burger.

Those are words to live bye

bigthaiboy
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
I have shopped there a few times and they seemed nice, their wasers are $600+ but other then that everything seemed normal, why would they take off the rear sights??? That does not make for good business.

Sorry, but this thread has been bashed out to death. In Dustin's response, he had already stated it was a genuine human mistake, and the mistake was rectified by the following day without any fuss. This thread has been a bit of a of a non-event that has somehow managed to be dragged out to 8 pages. Perhaps I should post about the missing cheese quesadilla from my order from El Polo Loco last week?

Dustin and Darren and Ammo Bros are good guys who are working hard to get us the exotic toys we want. Please think twice about flaming a small independent business's reputation, which can be very quickly tarnished, but may take a very long time time to recover from. Mistakes happen! And to their credit it was resolved quickly and professionally.

ar15barrels
02-21-2008, 10:04 AM
This thread has been a bit of a of a non-event that has somehow managed to be dragged out to 8 pages.

Change your thread display options.
It's only 2 pages when you set your options to 40 posts per page.

Rude Robert
04-13-2010, 7:30 AM
Hi, I don't to bash anyone but I bought at the first of this year an ar 15. I called ontario and the cerritos store. Both several times for answers and received no help. The last kid I talked to in Cerritos said what I was asking was too difficult to find out and that the guy who build the Ar was to busy to talk to me. I was given the ph# the the guy who built the Ar and this was before the Glendale gun show(about 2wks before). I received no response, so when I called again a month ago to both Ontario and then Cerritos and received the stupid answer from the kid. I then realized that Ammo bros is only interested in sell stuff and the dealing with the customer after the sale was of no concern to them at all. I have spoken many times with my friends on this, for which they seem to agree, when they go into the store, customer service is not considered as important. I probably will not go back, especially since brass pros is down the freeway in Ontario. It is a shame actually since I get my quad supplies not too far from them, and is what actually brought me into the store in the first place

NIB
04-13-2010, 7:51 AM
Huuhhhhh?????

Spiggy
04-13-2010, 7:57 AM
wow, 2 years old!

this thread is so old that at the time of posting, I could not buy a pistol yet

SanPedroShooter
04-13-2010, 8:25 AM
Ammo bros is this the shizz...
one the best in LA area, they'll transfer anything cal legal
+100

Rude Robert
04-15-2010, 3:19 PM
I am glad your happy with them but, I'm not. That is why when I was looking up for comments to see if anyone else had problems with them. I say these threads, so I posted. Just my 2 cents

geeknow
04-15-2010, 8:43 PM
Rude Robert,

I am sorry that you have not had a good experience with our stores. From your post, I am not totally certain what it is, exactly, that you are trying to figure out.

Please feel free to PM me directly. I'd like to help.

best,

geeknow
Ammo Bros

psssniper
04-15-2010, 10:51 PM
they'll transfer or sell anything legal

No they won't

SanPedroShooter
04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
maybe i should have qualified that statement...
now that i think back on it, they dont carry saiga 12's.
there still the first people i call about a transfer in LA area.
What wouldnt they do for you? I'm interested to know?

Deal
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
So this guy has a complaint that he seemingly can't type clearly so he looks back two years, ignoring the countless positive threads about Ammo Brothers and pulls up this long dead thread to revive and post to instead of just confronting AB with his issues to begin with or posting the results of that Discussion here in it's own thread...?

This one should get locked and go away. If Mr "Rude" needs his issues addressed, he has been given the opportunity to get them answered directly. If not to his satisfaction, then he should come back and inform us if he feels the need to do so in a thread of his own with all the facts.

My guess is that either this is just a hater or that if he has a legitimate issue AB will take care of it and make him happy, if that is possible.

REDHORSE
04-16-2010, 1:10 AM
They wouldn't transfer a Sterling Sporter from my middleman that did the Cali mods for me.

No biggy I just had another FFL do it.

AB are super cool, I just wanted to spread my transfers amongst my favorite local FFLs. No hard feelings from me.

maybe i should have qualified that statement...
now that i think back on it, they dont carry saiga 12's.
there still the first people i call about a transfer in LA area.
What wouldnt they do for you? I'm interested to know?

Q
04-16-2010, 1:42 AM
wow, 2 years old!

LOL!:rofl2:

SanPedroShooter
04-16-2010, 1:50 AM
They wouldn't transfer a Sterling Sporter from my middleman that did the Cali mods for me.

No biggy I just had another FFL do it.

AB are super cool, I just wanted to spread my transfers amongst my favorite local FFLs. No hard feelings from me.

I just checked the sterling out on gunbroker. Nice...
I'm not gonna speculate on why they wouldnt handle the transfer.
Its up to every ffl to decide how to run their business, my original post, while overbroad, was just recognition of a shop that dosent immediately hang up or spout b.s. when you ask about an ak variant transfer or OLL.

Rude Robert
04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Hater? Are you nuts? If I was a Hater why would I go and spend1200$ at their store on an Ar? I hate Walmart so, I don't shop there! All I was trying to find out was whether or not, If Ammo Bros can tell me If my chamber and or both the barrel was chromed or not! Period, and that was too difficult for them to even find the time to call me back and say at the very least yes or no! If that is acceptable to you great! I left 2 messages for the guy who apparently builds their Ar's and I didn't even receive a call back saying that he will either look into it or call me back later! I can get that kind of service from the government!

geeknow
04-16-2010, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Rude Robert;4134880]All I was trying to find out was whether or not, If Ammo Bros can tell me If my chamber and or both the barrel was chromed or not!QUOTE]

Rude Robert,

We stock a variety of upper receivers. Some are chrome lined. Some are not. What type of upper did you purchase from us? I will be happy to answer your question.

Again, feel free to contact me via PM if you prefer.

Thanks,

Geeknow
Ammo Bros

onikuma
04-16-2010, 1:18 PM
wow, 2 years old!

rofl ;)

Rude Robert
04-21-2010, 6:46 AM
Geeknow, thanks for replying to my msgs

edmundyoo
05-27-2010, 1:39 AM
they'll transfer anything cal legal
+100

No they won't

yes we do, as long as they become california compliant firearms, to dros a pistol not on the doj roster certified for sale you can conevert it into a single shot pistol and once you take ownership convert it back to semi auto. there are manny loop hole you'll hear and some that do actually work

psssniper
05-27-2010, 8:20 AM
to dros a pistol not on the doj roster certified for sale you can conevert it into a single shot pistol and once you take ownership convert it back to semi auto

^^^
Exactly what we did, which we didn't even need to do since it was a PPT, but you guys were insistent that it was illegally configured. You called the DOJ (great source of info there huh?) called us felons and told us to get the hell out of the store. And of course everyone in the store was eyeballing the "felons" what fun!! At another store they took one look and said "yup you're good to go but why is there a sled locked in the gun?" Keep in mind that this wasn't a pistol coming from out of state but rather a pistol that was already in the state. Think that last sentence over for a second :rolleyes: I was purposely vague on details in my first post, not wanting to come across as some angry Ammo Bros hater, which I am not. But I can unequivocally reiterate, since you brought it up, that in my experience, you guys don't transfer everything that's Cal Legal. Simple as that, now let's drop it and be friends. I hold no grudge or animosity towards AB. :) < that's a smiley face!

DDG
05-27-2010, 8:33 AM
After reading this childish ranting, I felt bad for AB so I went out and bought my latest acquisition from them yesterday.

9 days, 6 hours and 27 minutes left to happiness.

jaq
05-27-2010, 9:28 AM
After reading this childish ranting, I felt bad for AB so I went out and bought my latest acquisition from them yesterday.

9 days, 6 hours and 27 minutes left to happiness.

Legitimate complaints about piss-poor customer service are "childish ranting" to you? :rolleyes:

Seriously, are you now or have you ever been an owner or employee of said store? [props to all who get the ref]

I have my own complaint about them. After hearing how wonderful & supportive of the EBR related side of things they are, I drove two hours out of my way on a rare trip to L. A. to visit their store. I was very pleased when I finally arrived and entered the store. It was well stocked with all kinds of goodies. I had over $1K burning a hole in my pocket that I fully intended to spend there.

The first sales person to assist me was great. However my first request caused a near catastrophe in the responses. For those who have experience in L.A., you know that there can be sometimes great difficulty in finding a place to pee. I had been on the road for over two hours and really needed to go bad. I asked if I could use the restroom. The sales guy said, "Sure, let me find out which toilet you can use" (or something like that). Another man overheard and intercepted him on his way to the back and poo-pooed that idea. He said that I couldn't use the toilet. I was **** outta luck.

Since I couldn't hold it any longer, I pulled it out and pissed on the carpet...er, no. Not really - but that is how bad I needed to go. Instead I got pissed when he displayed real indifference to my situation. He couldn't even be bothered to direct me to the nearest off-site location where I might be able to use the toilet (a real challenge for non-customers - I would basically have to buy something). He muttered some crap about laws forbidding customers using the toilet.

I took my gf by the hand, exited and never looked back. I will never give them any of my money. They're not even good enough for my ....ahem. I wound up spending a good deal of the money that would have been theirs at Martin B. Retting. Another monument to crappy customer service by contemptous gun-store employees and/or owners (not all of the employees there - just most of them). Retting is that much better than AB that they will at least get some of my money.

kapache
05-27-2010, 9:34 AM
Love ammo Bros, they are friendly and very helpful.

stitchnicklas
05-27-2010, 10:43 AM
+1 there good people

+2..............

chuck762
05-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Legitimate complaints about piss-poor customer service are "childish ranting" to you? :rolleyes:

Seriously, are you now or have you ever been an owner or employee of said store? [props to all who get the ref]

I have my own complaint about them. After hearing how wonderful & supportive of the EBR related side of things they are, I drove two hours out of my way on a rare trip to L. A. to visit their store. I was very pleased when I finally arrived and entered the store. It was well stocked with all kinds of goodies. I had over $1K burning a hole in my pocket that I fully intended to spend there.

The first sales person to assist me was great. However my first request caused a near catastrophe in the responses. For those who have experience in L.A., you know that there can be sometimes great difficulty in finding a place to pee. I had been on the road for over two hours and really needed to go bad. I asked if I could use the restroom. The sales guy said, "Sure, let me find out which toilet you can use" (or something like that). Another man overheard and intercepted him on his way to the back and poo-pooed that idea. He said that I couldn't use the toilet. I was **** outta luck.

Since I couldn't hold it any longer, I pulled it out and pissed on the carpet...er, no. Not really - but that is how bad I needed to go. Instead I got pissed when he displayed real indifference to my situation. He couldn't even be bothered to direct me to the nearest off-site location where I might be able to use the toilet (a real challenge for non-customers - I would basically have to buy something). He muttered some crap about laws forbidding customers using the toilet.

I took my gf by the hand, exited and never looked back. I will never give them any of my money. They're not even good enough for my ....ahem. I wound up spending a good deal of the money that would have been theirs at Martin B. Retting. Another monument to crappy customer service by contemptous gun-store employees and/or owners (not all of the employees there - just most of them). Retting is that much better than AB that they will at least get some of my money.

I had the exact opposite experience. I have bought from Retting's before and I know how they can be. Last week I went to buy a new pistol. I walked in and no one would even acknowledge my existence but all the salesmen were tied up. Ok, I waited for about 15 to 20 minutes checking out the different handguns I wanted to look at and when some other people came in they were helped right away. Hummm, ok. Still waiting for another salesman. More people wander in. They are asked if they need any help.
Still ignoring me. Oh well, I'm not going to beg then to take my money.
I walked out. Screw them. I won't be going back.

In the past I refused to go to AB due to something that happened with one of the owners before they had a storefront. I decided to give the place a chance.

The next day I went to AB and when I walked in someone said hi and asked is I needed any help. Holy crap, I guess I am not a ghost.
I looked at a couple of pistols and decided on what I wanted, filled out the paper work and paid. Pretty painless as far as the gun world goes.
Yeah, it is a bummer about the restroom thing. I have to time my trips anywhere due to my Crohn's disease so I know how ya feel. Glad I didn't have to ask about the restroom.

I don't have a favorite store. If they have what I want when I want it, then I buy it. Prices are all about the same give or take a couple of bucks in the LA area unless someone has it on sale. Customer service in the gun industry is well, hit or miss and I have yet to find a place I will rave about.
I can see both sides of it since I did work retail for a bit. I don't expect for anyone to kiss my butt, but it is nice to have someone ready to take my money with the least amount of hassles or attitude.

warfrik
05-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I have to agree with the others. Some staff at AB Cerritos need to have a little class in customer service 101.

DDG
05-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Seriously? My only association with them is as a customer. My experiences with them have been great. Prices on the two large items I’ve purchased (a gun safe and a gun) were as good as the best internet pricing. I have no complaints about their service.

Yes, I do find it childish to register on this site for the purpose of simply bashing someone and start by stating “I don’t bash…” Nice first post. I guess the lesson learned here is if you want someone to do a build for you, and expect that they can answer every question about each specific component over the phone, months after the purchase, maybe you need to go somewhere else?

As for your pee pee problem - sorry to hear about that. I don’t know what else to say other than maybe ware Depends if you ever go back????????

gn3hz3ku1*
05-27-2010, 2:09 PM
many places do not let customers use the restroom due to legal issues ie getting sued in case something happens not because they don't care

bsg
05-27-2010, 8:31 PM
i had to laugh about the bathroom situation; not laughing at anyone's plight, as i know it all too well. i can only say that a proprietor that allows me to use the house bathroom in an emergency has a friend for life....

Rob454
05-27-2010, 9:40 PM
Ive always been treated nice either on the phone or the store. I got no problem with AB