PDA

View Full Version : Modular Breakdown Rifle™ from Riverman Gun Works

ewarmour
08-24-2013, 12:16 PM
California legal - for now. This shop is about 10 minutes away from me and these rifles a great concept, especially for CA and other anti-states.

Webpage
http://rivermangunworks.com/MBR.html

Gallery
http://rivermangunworks.com/Gallery.php

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=259953&stc=1&d=1377371750

Varg Vikernes
08-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Some sort of bolt action AR?

postal
08-24-2013, 1:31 PM
Wow, thats great..... I can pay way too much money for a bolt action AR because it's kali legal.....

Or I can buy a semi auto AR and a bullet button and be kali legal....

kali is *not* this guys market.... yet!

ahcshon
08-24-2013, 2:34 PM
Meh pass

camsoup
08-24-2013, 2:40 PM
Wow, thats great..... I can pay way too much money for a bolt action AR because it's kali legal.....

And once 2014 rolls around you will have to register said "kali legal" AR as an assault weapon. This would avoid that requirement all together, buy before 2014 and it wont be registered to you at all.

ewarmour
08-24-2013, 4:18 PM
And once 2014 rolls around you will have to register said "kali legal" AR as an assault weapon. This would avoid that requirement all together, buy before 2014 and it wont be registered to you at all.

This here ^. The state of CA will not stop until semi-auto firearms, especially the dreaded "assault rifles" are banned and confiscated - even your neutered 10 rounder bullet buttoned AR.

With one of these you won't have to worry about becoming a felon at the states whim for at least a little while longer.

smittty
08-24-2013, 5:32 PM
If I need to register my AR's I'll register one, maybe, and convert all the others to bolt action. I've been researching bolt action AR's for a little while now.

It's not my first choice but I believe it's better than registration. If you haven't read some of read my past posts, look up Registration = Confiscation,

rm1911
08-24-2013, 6:08 PM
If I need to register my AR's I'll register one, maybe, and convert all the others to bolt action. I've been researching bolt action AR's for a little while now.

It's not my first choice but I believe it's better than registration. If you haven't read some of read my past posts, look up Registration = Confiscation,

I agree. I don't think it's wrong to consider a bolt action style ar. It's all of swapping uppers anyways. I have been considering it. I have one stripped lower and plan to purchase a couple 80% lowers soon.
And yes registration absolutely will be confiscation.

postal
08-26-2013, 4:46 PM
I have no love for a manually operated 'ar' styled rifle.

If I go bolt action, I'll go traditional bolt action for less money, better accuracy, and MORE POWER than that...

I just dont see the point.

Consider my 308 bolt gun with a $1300 ish scope and 5/10 round mags costs about as much as an AR10.

If this guy makes an AR10 version, it would cost quite a bit more, without glass. It wont shoot as accurately as mine, and it's trigger will suck too.

The only benefit to this I see, is I could pretend to be some kind of black ops super spy guy with a rifle that fits in a little case.

Big whoop de dooooo.....

.....and..... until 2014.... heard something called 80%????

CSACANNONEER
08-26-2013, 4:55 PM

LOL. I have over $6000 into a bolt action AR15 build and you'd get wood if you shot it. The last 5 rounds out of it measured 4 1/2" at 1000 yards. This was a documented group during the FCSA World Championships and not just some BS about shooting alone in the desert. There is nothing wrong with a bolt action rifle built on an AR lower.

Exodus343
08-26-2013, 4:58 PM
LOL. I have over $6000 into a bolt action AR15 build and you'd get wood if you shot it. The last 5 rounds out of it measured 4 1/2" at 1000 yards. This was a documented group during the FCSA World Championships and not just some BS about shooting alone in the desert. There is nothing wrong with a bolt action rifle built on an AR lower.

I can vouch for the bolt action AR ;)

Greg we really NEED to meet up hahaha.... nothing's the same ever since I shot that 50 cal of yours :(

xxINKxx
08-26-2013, 6:13 PM

No, 2014 is just rifles in general being treated like handgun sales and being in the system. No different then buying a pistol. Everything you owned befor 2014 stays the same.

Only way it will be an AW and need to be registered as one is if they ban rifles with detachable magazines. Which hasn't gone down yet.

camsoup
08-26-2013, 7:09 PM
No, 2014 is just rifles in general being treated like handgun sales and being in the system. No different then buying a pistol. Everything you owned befor 2014 stays the same.

Only way it will be an AW and need to be registered as one is if they ban rifles with detachable magazines. Which hasn't gone down yet.

You really believe 374 won't pass, and won't be signed by Mr. Moonbeam??

3006mv
08-26-2013, 8:24 PM
If you remove your buffer tube spring or gas block wouldn't you essentially have a manually operated bolt ar?

ar15barrels
08-27-2013, 1:49 AM

Did you see on the website that 6.5 Creedmore is better for longrange than 260?
Because burning less powder must magically make bullets fly flatter...

postal
08-27-2013, 11:55 AM
^^^I'm first in line for the tactical take down 22lr bolt ar. I'll whoop that 6.5 if that's the case!!!!!

When talking "ar" patterned rifles, bolt action is just stupid in typical AR cartridges...

Cuz I want to look tacticool with my AR in 223/556 and manually work a bolt.... and the rifle has a crap trigger, crap accuracy chrome lined barrel, and crappy cheek weld with a really high bore to scope which is NOT conducive to accuracy...

Compare that to a 'normal' bolt action rifle with a better factory trigger, better barrel, better accuracy, and less money. Yes... I see the fascination.... Mall ninjas everywhere are getting on his waiting list.

CSA talking about aftermarket bolt action uppers that sit on an ar lower like the 50/338/etc is a whole nuther story. However, with that much money in a rifle, why not just get a DTA? Or Serbu? Or bigmac? or? or? savage 338lm?