PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa gunsmithing

rick_in_lb
08-23-2013, 7:26 PM
Well I went to Bolsa GS today to get the sight on my sons Browning handgun repaired. The sad thing is it happened to me again. I bought a Rifle. The Tikka T3 in 308. Dang I even told myself that I was not going to by anymore weapons. I think they set me up because they said they can fix the Browning while I wait. What can I say, now I have to reload .308's. and I have to get a scope for it. One thing is the wife will never know because she does not have the combo to the safes!:rolleyes:

NorCalFocus
08-23-2013, 9:00 PM
Did you get the light or did you get the tactical rifle?

Tikkas sure nice guns. Check out TikkaShooter.com. They sell a better stronger recoil lug for the T3. It's $30 and just slips in.

Divernhunter
08-23-2013, 9:00 PM
You will love the Tikka. One suggestion is to buy the Limbsaver direct replacement recoil pad for it and buy an extra mag. I have 2 a 6.5X55 and a 7mm-08 both are super accurate. For your 308 try Win 748 powder, great accuracy and highest speeds over my chrono.

rick_in_lb
08-24-2013, 4:58 PM
I picked up the light. My first 308. There was another person there who helped in my decision. He has a few of them and he said he never regretted it. Ordered an extra mag and they are not cheap. Now to find a good round for it. I am sure I will have fun in trying to figure it out. Oh yes a limb save pad is on the list! Thanks for the info on TikkaShooters.com

NorCalFocus
08-24-2013, 6:34 PM
Yup I read there page heavily, as I was really close to getting a Tikka. Only reason I didn't was because I got a R700 heavy barrel for $20 more.