PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Questions on FFL

4 Brigada
01-05-2008, 8:38 PM
Does the FFL have to sell only from his place of business?
How are they able to sell at gunshows?
If there is another FFL involved would that then be a PPT?

This is because I happend to live in Fresno, no FFL will touch OLL receivers except for one and he only does AR type. I know a lot of people that would like other types of OLL receivers and they would have to drive a distance to get this done, EVERY ONE would have to make the drive X 2. While if a FFL could come to Fresno, one person doing the trip. Maybe Im missing the bowl. But I really dont know if its posible.

Ech0Sierra
01-05-2008, 8:41 PM
No.
Laptop Computer system
No, that would be an FFL Transfer.

halifax
01-05-2008, 9:00 PM

This is because I happend to live in Fresno, no FFL will touch OLL receivers except for one and he only does AR type. I know a lot of people that would like other types of OLL receivers and they would have to drive a distance to get this done, EVERY ONE would have to make the drive X 2. While if a FFL could come to Fresno, one person doing the trip. Maybe Im missing the bowl. But I really dont know if its posible.

Does the FFL have to sell only from his place of business? YES unless it's a CA sanctioned Gun Show event.

How are they able to sell at gunshows? MUST be a CA sanctioned gun show event. They can gather all the information from the buyer and seller there and submit the DROS from there if they have internet access or they can submit it when they get back to their shop. (BTW, 10-day wait starts with the electronic submittal.)

If there is another FFL involved would that then be a PPT? No

EOD Guy
01-06-2008, 8:01 AM
They can sell at out of state gun shows, but only C&R firearms can be delivered to other licensees at that show. For all modern firearms (non C&R), they can only take orders which must be shipped from their licensed location to an FFL in the other state.

For instance, River City Gun Exchange was set up at the Big Reno Show with several C&R firearms. Since I had a C&R FFL, I purchased a 1927 Agentine Colt from them and took delivery right there. They had a sign on their table that stated sales could only be to FFLs.