PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy in Sacramento

mbrown
01-05-2008, 1:56 PM
I recently moved to the Sacramento area and I'm looking to buy a S&W revolver. Any tips on stores where I should buy in order to receive a fair price? I'm not necessarily looking for the lowest price possible, but I also don't want to be the noobie buyer who gets taken for a ride.

John Browning
01-05-2008, 3:04 PM
Check out Sportsman's Warehouse.

ViPER395
01-05-2008, 3:17 PM
I just had a great buying experience at River City.

uscbigdawg
01-05-2008, 4:17 PM
Badger John's, if he's still open always had good prices when I was home (3 years ago).

Rich

MrTuffPaws
01-05-2008, 4:19 PM
River City is pretty high in price. Cordova Guns is high as well, but they will I have haggled with them in the past. Make an out the door price, and they will usually match it. Wild Sports usually have really good prices......BUT....the best prices in th area is Sportsman's Warehouse.

Also, if you are into used guns, drive up to Big Horn Gun Shop in El Dorado (not El Dorado Hills). They usually have a really good selection of consignment guns.

mbrown
01-05-2008, 7:39 PM
Thank you all for your words of advice :patriot:

supersonic
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I just had a great buying experience at River City.

+100%...............and always have! Recently picked up a CHERRY used S&W 629 Classic .44 Mag (looks,feels, shoots like brand new-don't even think it was broken in yet when I bought it!) for $550.:) RCGE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Welcome to the Sac area.
Scott

gloxter
01-06-2008, 7:21 PM
+1 for River City Gun Exchange. I got an excellent price for a factory refurbished G19. The thing looked absolutely "as-new". They generally have quite a few used pistolas on display.

Nice guys, too. They can be rather busy at times, but I've never had a bad experience there.

scootergmc
01-06-2008, 7:25 PM
+100%...............and always have! Recently picked up a CHERRY used S&W 629 Classic .44 Mag (looks,feels, shoots like brand new-don't even think it was broken in yet when I bought it!) for $550.:) RCGE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Welcome to the Sac area.
Scott

You can thank me for not buying your gun. It's a good thing Smiths do nothing for me.