1911whore
01-05-2008, 1:10 PM
who in sacramento can finish out an 80% aluminum frame casting for 1911

stealthmode
01-05-2008, 1:36 PM
you would have to do all the finishing yourself

AJAX22
01-05-2008, 1:40 PM
You have to do it yourself (or at least be physically present during the entire process)

be careful with how you phrase your request, this isn't a state regulatory law, its a Federal matter.

Comparing the CA DOJ to the BATFE is like comparing a lapdog with a penchant for fornicating shoes to a rabies infected rottwieler with a compulsion for buggering the corpses of its victims.

mike100
01-05-2008, 2:10 PM
Sounds a lot like the regulations the FAA has for homebuilt, uncertified aircraft. Bit of an argument about the 51% owner built rule.

of course you can sell an airplane you built to your friend anytime.

bohoki
01-05-2008, 3:38 PM
what finish do you want it to have?

metalhead357
01-05-2008, 9:13 PM
Comparing the CA DOJ to the BATFE is like comparing a lapdog with a penchant for fornicating shoes to a rabies infected rottwieler with a compulsion for buggering the corpses of its victims.

:eek:

I think we have a new sig line for someone:D

ar15barrels
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
I think we have a new sig line for someone:D

Sold.

metalhead357
01-06-2008, 5:53 PM
Sold.

:D I thought someone might like that...Ajaxx~ What a line!!!!!!!

AJAX22
01-07-2008, 8:19 PM
:D I thought someone might like that...Ajaxx~ What a line!!!!!!!

Thanks, I try...

AraiGuma
01-17-2008, 4:05 PM
What kind of paperwork should I file after completion? Years ago, I called DOJ and asked for information, but the lady told me that I cannot do home build in California.

ar15barrels
01-17-2008, 4:09 PM
What kind of paperwork should I file after completion? Years ago, I called DOJ and asked for information, but the lady told me that I cannot do home build in California.

No paperwork is really required, but you could voluntarily register it to avoid problems with local law enforcement should you be checked.
I always thought that the allure of 80% guns was the complete lack of registration though.

Blue
01-17-2008, 5:13 PM

According to the BOF at DOJ they dont want anyone owning guns in CA.

metalhead357
01-17-2008, 5:39 PM
According to the BOF at DOJ they dont want anyone owning guns in CA.

And doesn't that seeeem sooooooooo strangely in contrast to thier mission statement....

The Bureau of Firearms serves the people of California through education, regulation, and enforcement actions regarding the manufacture, sales, ownership, safety training, and transfer of firearms. Bureau of Firearms staff will be leaders in providing firearms expertise and information to law enforcement, legislators, and the general public in a comprehensive program to promote legitimate and responsible firearms possession and use by California residents.<Emphasis added>

It would ever be soooooooooo nice to have them *on our team* instead of the FUD. Make cali a beacon of good & lawful & respectful gun ownership....... I tire of wondering what's next: I'd love to see them dedicate a person specifically to answer questions here on this board since Calguns is making such strong waves...would be nice to have them on board and attempt to live up to that mission statement.....