PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Gun Exchange: Status Update

BillCA
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I stopped by the San Jose Gun Exchange today.
They have received their new FFL and are waiting on the city to perform a final inspection so they can start selling guns again. This should happen within the next 2-weeks according to store staff.

Rifles & shotguns and some handguns are stocked, just not yet for sale.

I think they will resume selling OLLs once the paperwork dust has settled.

For anyone interested in handguns, I found several S&W revolvers that are in their display cases -

S&W Model 67 - Stainless .38, CHP stamped $350 VG
S&W M 37 - Airweight .38, diamond grips, 15xxxx S/N May be unfired $399
S&W Model 19 - .357, 6" Blue, round butt!, $475 Exc
S&W M&P 1905 3rd, .38, 5" Blue, $350 - VG, check bore for pitting.
S&W Model 18, .22LR, 4" Blue, $375 G-VG (well used & loved)

Disclaimers:
Prices subject to change without notice.
Condition estimates are my own, YMMV
Not affiliated with TGE and will make no profit on any sales

chickenfried
01-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up. But could you please remove the 67 from your post? Thank you.:p;)

wilit
01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I stopped by the San Jose Gun Exchange today.
They have received their new FFL and are waiting on the city to perform a final inspection so they can start selling guns again. This should happen within the next 2-weeks according to store staff.

LOL, I've heard that before. Hope they get their issue sorted.

Fjold
01-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Two Weeks!

Boomer1961
01-05-2008, 8:55 PM
Two Weeks!

I was going to link to that 10 page thread from two years ago (or it seemed like that long) that had weekly updates saying the Exchange was going to open in two weeks. There was one poster that posted like eight times/once every two weeks and would say it has been two weeks, are they open yet.

Unfortunately my search button is giving just blank white pages right now otherwise I would let you read it. It is kind of funny regarding the open in two weeks thing.

GOOD LUCK!

oh, is that airweight hammerless, concealed hammer, exposed hammer?
Also is it blued or stainless?

Not sure about the M37 and if they came this way or not.

bwiese
01-05-2008, 10:02 PM
For clarification, no guns are being offered for sale by SJGE until their state paper (which depends on local permit/inspection) comes thru.

The shop is merely preparing their inventory for anticipation of future sale.

ar15barrels
01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Two Weeks. :eek:

BillCA
01-06-2008, 9:17 AM
But could you please remove the 67 from your post?

Chickenfried - did you manage to put it on layaway or something? :p

LOL, I've heard that before. Hope they get their issue sorted.

Yeah, me too. But at least this time they have guns in the store and have been waiting since just after Christmas for the City of SJ to come do the required security review and sign off. Hopefully at that point there is no waiting for some city or state-issued certificate.

oh, is that airweight hammerless, concealed hammer, exposed hammer? Also is it blued or stainless?

Boomer - the Model 37 is an early Airweight .38 Special 5-shot J-frame with a 2" barrel, exposed hammer, and blue-black finish. It is the lightweight version of the Model 36 Chief's Special.

draconianruler
01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Glad to see they will be back in the game soon.

xenophobe
01-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I haven't been in contact with them, but they would need to receive their California Centralized FFL ID before they can dros any long guns. In San Jose, they only need a license to sell handguns and weapons that are concealable upon the body... and they just basically hand those out without an inspection or anything.

gimmejr
01-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Glad to see they are getting to sell guns again soon, Ive missed that dirty old place. :D

BillCA
01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I haven't been in contact with them, but they would need to receive their California Centralized FFL ID before they can dros any long guns. In San Jose, they only need a license to sell handguns and weapons that are concealable upon the body... and they just basically hand those out without an inspection or anything.

From what the owner told me, SJ needs to sign off that the business has the appropriate security systems in place before issuing a license.