PDA

View Full Version : Anti Stand Your Ground PSA Recreates Zimmerman

Lifeon2whls
08-20-2013, 12:13 PM
The video pretty much speaks for itself. We should create more about the horrors people have to go through when they are murdered, raped, beaten and are unable to defend themselves.

Article and Video Here. (http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/chilling-gun-control-ad-uses-911-calls-night-trayvon-martins-killing-151948?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=AWK_AdBrand&utm_campaign=Adweek%20Newsletter%20Template%20-%20Advertising%20%26%20Branding%20-%20July%2012)

gogohopper
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
ugh to the comments. Note the use of PEACE at the end, so its all good

aingirl2 jim • 6 minutes ago −
you are an absolute moron and don't need to have a gun with that attitude criminals will always have guns but you honest law abiding citizens are in most cases just criminals waiting for a chance to murder someone just like the Trayvon Martin case yall know that George zimm is a murderer and he will pay a big price he will NEVER b a free man some day some how some way by some one he will loose his life like he took Trayvons all of those witnesses who made it possible for Zimmerman to walk free will at some point give up their freedom because they know what they did was and is wrong. Peace

nicki
08-20-2013, 8:44 PM
This is a "pure propaganda" POS video.

Not only does it demonize us, but it is a "gross character assination" on George Zimmerman.

So, I have a question maybe some of the lawyers here can answer.

Is the first amendment so absolute that the makers of this video can't be sued in the courts?

I believe in free speech, but I also believe in responsible speech and perhaps our opponents have crossed the line this time.

Nicki

Edwood
08-20-2013, 9:15 PM
I like how they try to make it sound like it was Travon Martin that was screaming in this propoganda "film", when it was actually Zimmerman that was screaming in the 911 call.

pastureofmuppets
08-20-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm no lawyer... but I would be approaching one right now if I was Zimmernan with the word "libel" in the first sentence I use.

Even if not... the question is, what part of "he did not use the Stand Your Ground Defense?" do people not understand?

Tommy C
08-20-2013, 11:29 PM
I saw this video on the news tonight. Just a piece of propaganda based on emotion & no fact targeted at the weak minded- typical tactics from the antis one more time.

Sir Stunna Lot
08-21-2013, 1:07 AM
This is a "pure propaganda" POS video.

Not only does it demonize us, but it is a "gross character assination" on George Zimmerman.

So, I have a question maybe some of the lawyers here can answer.

Is the first amendment so absolute that the makers of this video can't be sued in the courts?

I believe in free speech, but I also believe in responsible speech and perhaps our opponents have crossed the line this time.

Nicki

1st amendment only protects the people from the government. Doesnt apply to a video...

the86d
08-21-2013, 2:39 AM
How many Democrats are in jail for rape?

How many Democrats are in jail for violent crime?

They want us disarmed so the mafia of scumbags do WTF they want to people...

a1c
08-21-2013, 9:07 AM
No one knows what happened that night except for Zimmerman. So I find it rather distasteful to use the Martin/Zimmerman case to advance any kind of agenda.

Paladin
08-23-2013, 7:17 AM
I like how they show Z reaching for his gun when Taytay is still about 20 yards away.... :rolleyes:

Other than news reports about this PSA, I wonder how many stations/channels will air this? If any do, I wonder if they would air a PSA by the NRA? If not, why not?

Nor_Cal_Angler
08-23-2013, 7:56 AM
1st amendment only protects the people from the government. Doesn't apply to a video...

Yea, about that...says the guy who made a VIDEO, and is still INCARCERATED by his government because of it. See Benghazi scandal.

Under the current administration (also some past, and surely some in the future) no right is safe, it is up to us to ensure we remain as free as possible.

I agree with you in principle or the intent of the 1st. But Mr. Youtube video guy would definitely disagree on the "protects you from the government" thing!!!

PhillyGunner
08-23-2013, 8:22 AM
I saw this video on the news tonight. Just a piece of propaganda based on emotion & no fact targeted at the weak minded- typical tactics from the antis one more time.

Curious if it was presented as a 'news' article during the program that 'reported' on the fact that the this video had been made, and showed 'clips' of it 'by example' of the work, if it was 'broadcast' during the commercial break, and if so, did it have any sort of disclaimer or statement about it being political speech?

If just presented during a commercial break, and in fact a Public Service Announcement (created by an advertising agency), then I believe it should have to adhere to the rules of commercial advertisement, which used to include not being able to falsify claims or make visual reference to claims that can't be substantiated... paid propaganda.

If it is political speech, then I believe the broadcasters are required to make 'equal time' available for 'opposing views'... ie: a fact based version of the video, or one showing how the images displayed in this one were not based in fact. Assaulted, the Movie folks' next project?

If it was referenced in the 'reporting' of the 'news'... then it is just more evidence of politically motivated 'news' media.

Of course, it has been a quarter century since my Media in Society and Journalism 101 classes, so I'm sure all of the stuff we learned that was supposed to prevent the American People from being lied to by Government, ad agencies and the 'news' media have been removed from law... in the name of 'progress'!

The Geologist
09-01-2013, 10:30 AM
ugh to the comments. Note the use of PEACE at the end, so its all good

That's about 6 minutes worth of run on sentence. Some one needs to retake English 101.