PDA

View Full Version : What's in FEDUP's fridge?

JeffM
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_2912.jpg

And the garage:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_2918.jpg

Put together:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_2926.jpg

The classy wood stocked one (with an awesome ultimak rail) is another members.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_2928.jpg

Soldier415
01-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Beer and gun parts. Truly the fridge of a man among men :D

01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Just need more gun parts to even out the beer to gun ratio.

JeffM
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Just need more gun parts to even out the beer to gun ratio.

No matter how much you have, you always need more of both!

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Where was the thread about how do you store your spares? I think I win. Photos are from the infamous "build house" note the total OCD driven organization and cult like filing utilizing the Dewey decimal system. I need to have a "pimp my shop" party, anyone interested?
Oh yea put the cleaning rods in those darned flat built rifles.

11Z50
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
My guess is Fedup is not married.....:)

JeffM
01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Where was the thread about how do you store your spares? I think I win. Photos are from the infamous "build house" note the total OCD driven organization and cult like filing utilizing the Dewey decimal system. I need to have a "pimp my shop" party, anyone interested?
Oh yea put the cleaning rods in those darned flat built rifles.

Picky picky. Cleaning rods:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_2929.jpg

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 11:55 AM

This is why! Problem is when I was, it didnt look much better:(
Divorce is expensive----------------WHY?-------Because Its worth it!

Soldier415
01-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Picky picky. Cleaning rods:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_2929.jpg

That's a beautiful rifle...I want one :D

bwiese
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Okay, that's pretty far up there on the manly-man fridge, but I bet you still haven't built an AR while in bed and watching Jay Leno on TV.

AJAX22
01-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Okay, that's pretty far up there on the manly-man fridge, but I bet you still haven't built an AR while in bed and watching Jay Leno on TV.

I've built an AR while siting on the jon and listening to Red Dawn. Does that count?

bwiese
01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I've built an AR while siting on the jon and listening to Red Dawn. Does that count?

Bwaaah, guess so!

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I couldnt resist Bill. This is how we do it in Fres-NO! Looks like a rational reason to build on flats to me ;)! I didnt drive 1 foot to build a rifle and waited a whole 12 hours for me to build it start to finish. I have not built an AR in bed. (I dont have a bed)!

Thread: building on AK flats - registration required? View Single Post
#4 08-13-2007, 11:28 AM
bwiese
Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is ZERO rational reason to homebrew a crap AK receiver when a variety of perfectly high-quality factory production off-list receivers are available for $75.

Most homebrew AK stuff has been real hashup. A gunsmith friend was laughing at some of these butchered builds from various sources he has to clean up to get running. Some likely will need a new receiver.

I also do worry about folks still having this "80%" idiocy in their heads, since there is no such thing in the law. It's probably OK to do an AK receiver from a flat piece of undrilled metal. As more and more work gets done before shipping to the buyer (bending, drilling, trunion mounting, etc.), the more risk there is the ATF could regard it as "close enough" to a receiver that it's in fact a receiver, and then you illegally acquired one without going thru FFL.

One Calgunner who skirted by some other ATF troubles (by the skin of his teeth) in another "80%" area actually had an EBay dude send him a couple of AK receiver flats that the sender voluntarily (and unrequested) and oh-so-courteously bent up and drilled "... to save him a bit of trouble...". That ain't courtesy, that's an ATF snitch working off some time.

Homebrew builds have complexities in selling them too (not that any sane person would wanna buy a jig-rig folded AK anyway when he can get a factory receiver or rifle for only a few bucks difference).

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson

bwiese
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bwiese
Send email to bwiese
Find all posts by bwiese
Add bwiese to Your Buddy List

)

4 Brigada
01-04-2008, 12:27 PM
There is ZERO rational reason to homebrew a crap AK receiver when a variety of perfectly high-quality factory production off-list receivers are available for $75.

The rational reason that you are lucky enough not to have to deal with is the FFL's in this area that wont deal with OLL receivers,no ak oll, no fal oll nada zip zero. There is only one will deal with ar types oll receivers. So if you want go ahead and make a 300 mile trip twice, add up the gas money to the purchase of your 75 dollar receiver and then see how much the rational reasons come into better focus.

bwiese
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
The rational reason that you are lucky enough not to have to deal with is the FFL's in this area that wont deal with OLL receivers,no ak oll, no fal oll nada zip zero.

Ten Percent is not that far away in Taft!

4 Brigada
01-04-2008, 12:33 PM
135 miles x 2,then again ten days later

bwiese
01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
135 miles x2,then again ten days later

Your choice, I'd do the drive myself.

Blue
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Your choice, I'd do the drive myself.

I believe you and I have both done the trip. From San Jose at that :p

Two Shots
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Did you get a picture of his dishwasher? It's great for removing grease.

4 Brigada
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Im trying to cut down on the driving and the gun buying, I have an offer on a house in TX. Im thinking I not buying one more gun here in the PRK, I can wait until Im in TX in about 4 months.

JeffM
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM

No, but you should see his stove. Fried eggs one minute, parked receivers the next.

Blue
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Im trying to cut down on the driving and the gun buying, I have an offer on a house in TX. Im thinking I not buying one more gun here in the PRK, I can wait until Im in TX in about 4 months.

Just don't become a CA hater if you move :D

Inkman
01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
No woman in the house but there's a two week old bag of pre-made salad in the fridge?

Sumptins amiss here. :D

Al

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
No woman in the house but there's a two week old bag of pre-made salad in the fridge?

Al

New years resolution gone bad.

4 Brigada
01-04-2008, 1:02 PM
Just don't become a CA hater if you move

Man you wont believe the things that they told me in TX about californians, we are all anti gun, you know. Come down here and buy 3 acres somewhere and call the cops if you hear shooting.:D

The look on their face when I told them the guns that I have, "those are all illegal in CA "

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 1:22 PM

Cosmoline is no joke dishwasher just couldnt cut it, ended up buying a solvent tank finally.

ivanimal
01-04-2008, 1:25 PM
Dont step on the 1919A! You can barely see it poking its nose out.:cool:

Remind me never to eat eggs at your place:eek:, now which one did I parkerize in, and which one for the eggs:confused:?

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 1:34 PM
Dont step on the 1919A! You can barely see it poking its nose out.:cool:

Remind me never to eat eggs at your place:eek:, now which one did I parkerize in, and which one for the eggs:confused:?

I cook in whatever I can find. I have dedicated equipment for the Parkerizing process. I would never risk contaminating the chemical reaction by utilizing cooking vessels in the parkerization process that would be STUPID:eek: BTW Ivan its only boiling phosphoric acid no big deal it never killed anyone(did it?).

tankerman
01-04-2008, 3:29 PM
No, that's not manly. That would be Metro-Sexual.

http://www.geocities.com/asianprince213/MeNow.jpg

I avoid handling barrels while in bed and watching men on TV late at night, but that's just me.

ivanimal
01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
I cook in whatever I can find. I have dedicated equipment for the Parkerizing process. I would never risk contaminating the chemical reaction by utilizing cooking vessels in the parkerization process that would be STUPID:eek: BTW Ivan its only boiling phosphoric acid no big deal it never killed anyone(did it?).

LOL:D

Ok what time is breakfast?:cool:

sammy
01-05-2008, 7:30 AM

No but I have built an AR watching Mickey Mouse Club House with my 2 year old daughter sitting on the couch. It was my first build. My wife was not impressed.

DB2
01-05-2008, 9:26 AM
I was afraid it was going to be two month old left over catered mexican food.:shock::puke:

sergeantrex
01-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Al

He does have a female in his house she is a real *****!

4 Brigada
01-05-2008, 10:10 PM
was afraid it was going to be two month old left over catered mexican food.

Hey I had some of it two weeks after the build, it was good, I think the phosphoric acid killed the bacteria:D

MrTuffPaws
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Figured

RossRinSD
02-01-2008, 10:01 PM

So, I was thinking... If this latest girlfriend moved in, we'd split the bills, and I'd have more money for toys... Did I mention Turners is just down the street from Escondido Cycle Center and Convoy Big Screens. I looked at a Socom, 73" DLP, and a sic Honda CBR, all in about 30 minutes.

Someone please buy my house, or I could just get another credit card... I'm sure I could qualify for one with a $13k limit. Now, got to figure out how to make the payments.

But, I really know that a wife won't let me have any of those :(