PDA

View Full Version : mosin ex sniper help

Cadre
08-20-2013, 6:48 AM
hello CG,

i just got me a 1943 ex sniper i guess proof of this is the plugged holes where the mount use to be and the scope serial on barrel. i want to install a side mounted scope. i can only see the plugs from the inside whats the best way to drill them out i see the one in the chamber and the stripper clip slot would be a pain in the arse.

thanks in advance.

6mmintl
08-22-2013, 7:54 AM
Must be drilled out from locating plugs from inside of receiver in a milling machine using carbide bits or end mills.

Can be done other ways but broken drill bits and possibly screwing up original threads is usually the end result.

Cadre
08-22-2013, 9:24 AM
Must be drilled out from locating plugs from inside of receiver in a milling machine using carbide bits or end mills.

Can be done other ways but broken drill bits and possibly screwing up original threads is usually the end result.

thank you.

Cadre
08-22-2013, 10:27 AM

how do you drill out the other plugs one inside the chamber one by stripper clip?

thanks in advance.

6mmintl
08-22-2013, 2:12 PM
Once you get the two threaded hole drilled, you measure two location pins from inside to threaded holes, flip receiver over and locate each hole, and using a CARBIDE ball end mill (3/8") spot face .040-.060" ea. hole location, then try and punch (plugs) them out from inside to outside.

Cadre
08-22-2013, 2:31 PM
Once you get the two threaded hole drilled, you measure two location pins from inside to threaded holes, flip receiver over and locate each hole, and using a CARBIDE ball end mill (3/8") spot face .040-.060" ea. hole location, then try and punch (plugs) them out from inside to outside.

thanks again...