PDA

View Full Version : Sharpshooters in Torrance OLL friendly??

b0lingball
01-04-2008, 9:43 AM
Hello, has anyone shot their OLL pistol caliber rifle at Sharpshooters without any problems? I really want to try out my OLL 9mm AR but too afraid to bring it in b/c you know how they are. If they see something they don't like, they will probably chew you out..... Thanks for the help.

1911su16b870
01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Only way to know for sure is to call and ask them.
Be polite and ask for the person's name, and then ask your question.
:shrug:
I know they only allow handgun caliber long gun use in the range.

The Bacon Eater
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I went there before to ppt a nds 3 receiver and they would not touch it, so i would say no. But never hurts to call and ask. let us know

jumbopanda
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I shot my .22lr AR there once and they didn't have a problem with it.

Ryan HBC
01-04-2008, 2:14 PM
Sharpshooters will not touch any of the new and exciting off list California legal rifles. They have told me the "you will be getting a knock on your door and then going to jail" story. That was like 2 years ago. I guess the feds are running late.

Why don't you call and ask them anyways, then tell them how much money they are missing out on. The closest FFL that will handle it is about 45 minutes away.

bigthaiboy
01-05-2008, 5:29 PM
I got into a conversation about OLLs with an employee at Sharpshooters about 7-8 months ago, and got the "You're going to jail!" speech.

So my guess is.....No.

Goosebumps
01-23-2008, 3:26 PM
I'd avoid them all together. Went there today to practice, but one individual in particular was very discourteous. I've always shot there, and have enjoyed using their facility, but the customer service received from this person today was less than prime. It's not the first time he has shown discourtesy to me. He had a few choice words to someone that's trying to do good. I don't want to get into the details, to save his face, but I wouldn't want anyone else to encounter what I have today. FYI, he is not LEO friendly for all you LEO's out there.

Anyone know of a range in Los Angeles? I don't think I can go there any longer. I ain't tryin' to be buddy-buddy with him, but I do like to shoot in peace.

AKman
01-23-2008, 3:44 PM
In the firearms business and not LEO friendly? What is he, stupid?