PDA

View Full Version : My thread was deleted or locked

6172crew
09-27-2010, 5:04 PM
That is because you have not read the rules to this forum.

PM the OP for details, do not ask questions and bump the thread unless it has been 24 hours.
You can and will lose access to this forum if you can not read the rules, it is that simple.

The Marketplace Rules are Located HERE (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=317828). Read them first.

If after you read the rules and are still unsure why your thread or post was deleted, please Private Message a Moderator.

69Mach1
09-28-2010, 8:49 AM
Multiple threads in one subforum will also disappear.

"PM sent", "GLWS", "Nice Gun", "Wish you were closer", "pic's", etc. are also prohibited.

Forum rules:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=317828

ARG
09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow, I have never been "scolded" before on this forum. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

ARG

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
So I too had a thread close/locked. Not clear what rule I was violating. Am I responsible for posters commenting in my thread and hence liable to get my thread closed?

Seems a might unfriendly .... but then again, my brief presence on CalGuns hasn't been all that pleasant anyway.

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I for one also don't understand the multiple thread issue. IMHO, each firearm should have it's own thread else confusion as to what's available arises.

ke6guj
10-05-2010, 1:34 PM
So I too had a thread close/locked. Not clear what rule I was violating. Am I responsible for posters commenting in my thread and hence liable to get my thread closed?

Seems a might unfriendly .... but then again, my brief presence on CalGuns hasn't been all that pleasant anyway.

no, others posting in your thread should not get your thread locked. but, how you respont to those posts might violate the rules.

I for one also don't understand the multiple thread issue. IMHO, each firearm should have it's own thread else confusion as to what's available arises.becuase that is the way the rules are. Because in the past, people would have 10+ different items for sale in the forum and take up an entire page or two with all their stuff, bumping everyone else way down the list. So, because of abuses like that, the "one thread/forum" rule was instituted.

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 2:00 PM
no, others posting in your thread should not get your thread locked. but, how you respont to those posts might violate the rules.

So answering question in one's thread is a violation of what rule? In the thread in question, a poster asked me if my gun was C&R eligible. I replied no. What rule was I violating?

becuase that is the way the rules are. Because in the past, people would have 10+ different items for sale in the forum and take up an entire page or two with all their stuff, bumping everyone else way down the list. So, because of abuses like that, the "one thread/forum" rule was instituted.

Fair enough. So should I repost my thread? Will you unlock it? How shall I proceed?

69Mach1
10-05-2010, 2:03 PM
24 hour bump rule.

Izzy43
10-05-2010, 2:05 PM
[QUOTE=FelixEstrella;5074474]So answering question in one's thread is a violation of what rule? In the thread in question, a poster asked me if my gun was C&R eligible. I replied no. What rule was I violating?

QUOTE]

I am just trying to help so please take it that way. Your reply may have violated the 24 hour bump rule in some way and I'm just guessing. However a way to avoid that would be to PM (Personal Message) your reply to the person asking the question. That would not "bump" your thread to the top. Just guessing and trying to help.

ZirconJohn
10-05-2010, 2:08 PM
Wow... serious.

Okay... not one for free bumps etc on gun sales threads, have done it a couple 2 or 3 times, nothing on the sly.

Looks like it just got out of control.

Nice job MOD's... you guys have a tough job.

Rules to this are all very clear now, thank you :thumbsup:

ke6guj
10-05-2010, 2:38 PM
So answering question in one's thread is a violation of what rule? In the thread in question, a poster asked me if my gun was C&R eligible. I replied no. What rule was I violating?
the rule violated was the 24-hour bump rule. How you should have replied is covered in the rules.

13) Question and Inquiries about products listed in an ad. Most questions and product inquiries can be handled via Private Messages. We expect you to use this feature for all questions and inquiries. If you feel your question or inquiry involves a material aspect of the item being bought/sold you may post that in the thread. The term "material aspect" means one that dramatically affects the value, function, or operation of the item being bought/sold. Any information about the item that was not included initially in the original post, but asked about by another member, should be added to the original post. All offers other than 'I'll take it' must be made via Private Message and do not need verification such as "pm sent", "offer sent", "would you be willing to xxxx". so, either update the add to say that is not C&R, or PM the user letting him know that it isn't C&R. Unfortunately too many people have abused the system by having friend shill the add with questions like that so that they can respond and get a free bump. some people even wrote their adds specifically leaving out important info, knowing that people would ask about the missing info. They would then respond to each question getting multiple bumps per day.

Ed_Hazard
10-05-2010, 2:50 PM
I appreciate your response and I apologize for violating your rules. The last time I read the rules (about a month ago) this rule was not in effect.

So I ask you, is closing a thread of a poster who has not violated the rules in the past the most effective way to foster good will and communication in CalGuns?

Please understand this has been argued to death and beyond all ready, and no one wants to revisit it. But if you must here's the link to the thread about the change in the rules , you might want to make note of the date of the change:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=317832

And the subsequent thread asking what everyone thinks and suggestions about the new rules:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=325773

Just accept the fact that you have to take a time out and they will most likely unlock your thread in a day or two. GLWTS

freonr22
10-05-2010, 2:56 PM
he may have to pm a mod to get it unlocked.

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 2:58 PM
Please understand this has been argued to death and beyond all ready andno onewants to revisit it. But if you must here's the link to the thread about the change in the rules , you might want to make note of the date of the change:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=317832

And the subsequentthread asking what everyone thinks and suggestions about the new rules:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=325773

Just accept the fact that you have to take a time out and they will most likely unlock your thread in a day or two. GLWTS

Fair enough. My apologies. I don't visit Calguns very often.

Ed_Hazard
10-05-2010, 2:59 PM
he may have to pm a mod to get it unlocked.

Well...uh...since he "read" the rules...he should be aware of that...:)

just saying...:p

Ed_Hazard
10-05-2010, 3:01 PM
Fair enough. My apologies. I don't visit Calguns very often.

No worries, happens to the best of us. :D

It's just that this is still quite a sore subject around here and not all sides have come to terms with it yet. ;)

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 3:04 PM
No worries, happens to the best of us. :D

It's just that this is still quite a sore subject around here and not all sides have come to terms with it yet. ;)

So, in the spirit of peace, harmony and GUNS (after all that's what we're here for, no?) can I ask that mods take a look how often a poster visits Calguns before indiscriminately closing a thread? Rule violations may be unintentional and a warning will typically correct bad behavior. Just saying ....

freonr22
10-05-2010, 3:09 PM
well it doesnt look like you are banned, just recopy the add, & repost

ke6guj
10-05-2010, 3:11 PM
So, in the spirit of peace, harmony and GUNS (after all that's what we're here for, no?) can I ask that mods take a look how often a poster visits Calguns before indiscriminately closing a thread? Rule violations may be unintentional and a warning will typically correct bad behavior. Just saying ....

thats too much work for the mods and starts bringing judgement calls iinto question. unfortunately they don't have time to hold everyone's hand and give warnings. They used to do that in the past, but the rules violations continued with an "oh, I'm sorry" excuse. So, they had to escalate the enforcement. sorry that you got caught by it, but it does say to "Read the rules before posting". By not reading the rules first, you unintentially ran afoul of the rules, and have to take the punishment.

Ed_Hazard
10-05-2010, 3:12 PM

I just looked up your thread that got locked, I remember it because i asked myself why you would grind the bayolug off a M59? If I recall correctly you responded to Q's with new posts, thereby bumping your thread up and someones down. Two violations in one, and this is going to sound harsh but it is not intended to be. In regards to the bold section I quoted, it's up to the user to read and follow the rules the Mods are'nt hear to babysit you or i but rather to spank us if we violate the forums rules.

They did in fact give you awarning when they locked your thread, it's just that the Mods warnings have some bite.:o

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 9:59 PM
Not trying to be an ***, but I'd like to be clear on rule #4.

4) Limit your ad's to one per Marketplace sub-forum. When posting within these forums we require that you keep all items to one thread per sub-forum only. Multiple threads opened for various items by one member within 72 hours of each other may result in all threads by that member's posts being deleted.

This seems to imply that it's OK to have multiple threads as long as they're initiated no closer than 72 hours apart?

If an item sells, am I required to reuse that thread for posting another forsale item?

Also, If I'm posting multiple items on the same thread, but wish to keep them logically separate by having multiple postings in the same thread, how do I not violate the no BTT within 24 hours rule?

Ed_Hazard
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM

4) Limit your ad's to one per Marketplace sub-forum. When posting within these forums we require that you keep all items to one thread per sub-forum only. Multiple threads opened for various items by one member within 72 hours of each other may result in all threads by that member's posts being deleted.

This seems to imply that it's OK to have multiple threads as long as they're initiated no closer than 72 hours apart?

No, it's like some of my sale threads. Once they have become excessively long(large post count) or have grown stale(I've 24hr bumped it alot w/no movement) . I'll close the old thread and move any of the remaining items to the new thread and add/change items.But I will edit the old thread to show that it is now closed.

If an item sells, am I required to reuse that thread for posting another for sale item?

No, you can edit the old thread to show the item sold, add that the thread is closed and open a new thread.

Also, If I'm posting multiple items on the same thread, but wish to keep them logically separate by having multiple postings in the same thread, how do I not violate the no BTT within 24 hours rule?

Well what i do is when I open a thread I'll reply to it right qway several times to reserve the first few posts add more stuff and pics. Even with the anti-flood in the code you can add up to 4 replys per minute and not violate the rules.

Go ahead and check out some of the threads I have opened and closed to get an idea of whatI'm talking about.

Bold is my response.

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Bold is my response.

Thank you! The rule as written is ambiguous but your examples are concrete.

ke6guj
10-05-2010, 10:30 PM

If an item sells, am I required to reuse that thread for posting another forsale item? I'll let the mods explain this. But Id say that if you sold something and marked it sold in the title/OP, and then started a new thread with a new product, that that would probably be ok.

Also, If I'm posting multiple items on the same thread, but wish to keep them logically separate by having multiple postings in the same thread, how do I not violate the no BTT within 24 hours rule?then use the OP to list a summary of all the items, and then put each item in a different post. then edit each post as needed, so as to not BTT the entire thread up. the mods have said that you can start a thread and then immediately create a couple holding posts right below it, if need be.

Ed_Hazard
10-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Thank you! The rule as written is ambiguous but your examples are concrete.

Well always glad to be able to help and GLWTS.:thumbsup:

FelixEstrella
10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll let the mods explain this. But Id say that if you sold something and marked it sold in the title/OP, and then started a new thread with a new product, that that would probably be ok.

then use the OP to list a summary of all the items, and then put each item in a different post. then edit each post as needed, so as to not BTT the entire thread up. the mods have said that you can start a thread and then immediately create a couple holding posts right below it, if need be.

Thanks for the response. This should be *spelled* out in the rules as, just by reading the rules, it's not at all obvious how one deals with multiple item sales without violating one or more rules.

smittty
10-07-2010, 4:46 PM
RE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=349971

Sorry but i didn't realize I was broking the rules by responding to the post. Not long ago I listed two items separately and you cumbined both listing into one thread.

I'm a little confused but I'll reread the rules again. Should I list two items separately?

Thanks,
Smitty

ke6guj
10-07-2010, 8:51 PM
one thread per forum. so, if you have two items that fit in one forum, post them both the same thread. the last time, you had two threads open and they combined them into one thread, to comply with the rules. next time they might just delete the body of the post and lock it.

aatruong
10-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Gotcha...I asked the mods to lock my previous thread(it was locked) on the item but changed my mind in listing it again. So, should I have it unlocked instead of posting a new thread? Thank you.

69Mach1
10-10-2010, 2:58 AM
New thread.

supermario
10-11-2010, 4:53 PM
My thread is locked, I explained that it was an honest error that i bumped it twice becus i was using my cell phone and I thought my first bump didnt go through! Anyhow, do i repost or you do you unlock my thread? Its been several days and kinda ridiculous now :rolleyes: Thanks

ke6guj
10-11-2010, 5:01 PM
you need to contact a mod after 24-hours are up and ask that it be unlocked.

sonic
10-26-2010, 6:59 AM
reposted... sorry I missed a rule. won't happen again.

xjwebster
11-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey I'm new to Calguns and had a question. In the marketplace, why are threads not deleted after the item(s) have sold. There are thousands of threads and perhaps 60% or more are sold. Why keep the clutter? It makes searching for what you want much more difficult. Thanks! :confused:

ke6guj
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
because they don't. It may make searching for something harder, but it is usually safe to ignore items that are older, or on page2 of your search results. In addtion, part of itrader requires you to link to ther thread. And it lets you research past sales to get an idea of the average price of an item.

It doesn't make clutter because active items get bumped to the top and sold items fall to the bottom (except when a idiotic seller bumps his thread just to tell us it was sold:mad:)

69Mach1
11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I think it's for iTrader purposes.

aatruong
11-08-2010, 4:25 PM
Ok guys...help me out here, your input is appreciated. As you can see in posts 29&30 here, I listed a watch then asked it to be locked because I changed my mind. I started a second thread of the same watch (thread #2) and was locked because of multi thread rules; when asked what should be done, I was informed to start thread #3 (see post #30 above). I started thread #3 and guess what...yep, it was locked again. So, should I start #4 and what are the odds that it'll be locked in a few weeks? Please help and I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

ke6guj
11-08-2010, 4:33 PM
I'm trying to look at the timeline and see that you currently have a tire thread in the non-firearms forum that you were bumping around the same time you were posting the watch listings. You need to add your watch listing to that thread, that is your one "active" thread allowed in the forum.

lord of war
11-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I TRIED TO POST W.T.S. FEDERAL 5.56X45MM SS109 62GR. STEEL PENETRATOR 2 DIFFERENT TIMES AND BOTH WERE REMOVED, I CAN BUY THIS AMMO AT MY LOCAL GUN STORE.SO WHY CANT IT BE SOLD ON CAL GUNS???ITS NOT ILLEGAL

69Mach1
11-26-2010, 3:32 AM
I TRIED TO POST W.T.S. FEDERAL 5.56X45MM SS109 62GR. STEEL PENETRATOR 2 DIFFERENT TIMES AND BOTH WERE REMOVED, I CAN BUY THIS AMMO AT MY LOCAL GUN STORE.SO WHY CANT IT BE SOLD ON CAL GUNS???ITS NOT ILLEGAL

You tried posting in the wrong forum. It wasn't even the market place forums. And it was once. I don't see a second attempt.

milkman916
11-27-2010, 1:16 PM
Hey I think I know what I did wrong.Is there any way to get mine back on there or do I just make a new one but follow the rules more carefully? Not sure what to do

ke6guj
11-27-2010, 1:21 PM
basically, you should be able to post it again after 24-hours, provided that the new add doesn't violate the rules.

milkman916
11-27-2010, 1:29 PM
Ok sounds good :) What other choice do I have lol. I think I know what was wrong but I'm not to sure.So if people talk in the thread it will bump it right? I'm guessing thats what happened....

ke6guj
11-27-2010, 2:13 PM
if other people bump your thread, it is not your fault, and will not normally get your thread locked. But, if you respond to them, your responses could be considered bumps, and the 24-hour rule applies. read the rules on that. Better to edit your OP with any answers that you need to respond with, or PM the person asking them, if you would run into a 24-hour bump violation.

hi9mmpower
01-30-2011, 1:16 AM
well i just noticed mine got locked too, thank god i sold the firearm yesterday.

i dont see the rule i violated but its not my forum so i dont make the rules.

all i was gonna do is update it as sold and bam i noticed LOCKED.

not too fair if people are posting in your thread and bumping it, with no fault of yours!

626Tony
01-30-2011, 1:18 AM
well i just noticed mine got locked too, thank god i sold the firearm yesterday.

i dont see the rule i violated but its not my forum so i dont make the rules.

all i was gonna do is update it as sold and bam i noticed LOCKED.

not too fair if people are posting in your thread and bumping it, with no fault of yours!

I CONCUR!!!

mj1
02-03-2011, 7:12 AM
So what do you do wen someone says I'll take it then they PM you and say they are in no hurry to pay you? When they said they would take it you post another item and now you need to repost the original item do you have to delete the new item? Where do you leave a flake report on the guy who is putting you off for a week or more after saying I'll take it?

shtr45acp
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
It's a good thing that these moderators are out there doing their job on CalGuns. Otherwise, the site may run the risk of being shut down. I have lost threads, too. Obviously, I did somethig wrong. I re-read the rules each time. It'll work out for you. Just dont take offense at the folks in here trying to help us all out. You can ask any of the moderators a question, and they will get back to you. Good luck!

mj1
02-05-2011, 2:03 PM
so how do you stop people from commenting on your post? i ask in the post to please do not post comments and still they do, that is out of my control.

thomasanelson
02-05-2011, 5:47 PM
Dowh....I messed up. I tried so hard to follow the rules. :(

ke6guj
02-05-2011, 5:55 PM
so how do you stop people from commenting on your post? i ask in the post to please do not post comments and still they do, that is out of my control.you can't stop people from posting in your thread. however, it shouldn't hurt you if they post in your thread. you didn't bump your thread, someone else did.

sdsponger
03-09-2011, 5:46 PM
I just went to update my for sale thread to "SOLD" only to find it locked. I just went back through the rules and really can't seem to find why it would have been locked...

Just trying to follow the rules...Thanks

69Mach1
03-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I just went to update my for sale thread to "SOLD" only to find it locked. I just went back through the rules and really can't seem to find why it would have been locked...

Just trying to follow the rules...Thanks

7) Edit the title to show your items have been 'Sold'. Once you have sold the item(s) in your classified ad that you have in the Marketplace, edit the title so it's obvious that the item(s) have been sold'. Do not create a post just to say your item is sold. The moderating team does not delete threads simply because a transaction is completed, so please do not ask.

It causes "clutter".

sdsponger
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
7) Edit the title to show your items have been 'Sold'. Once you have sold the item(s) in your classified ad that you have in the Marketplace, edit the title so it's obvious that the item(s) have been sold'. Do not create a post just to say your item is sold. The moderating team does not delete threads simply because a transaction is completed, so please do not ask.

It causes "clutter". I was trying to update my thread as sold and it was already closed. I edited it the day before as SPF. Sold the gun yesterday and went to edit as sold when I got home only to find my thread closed. So, I'm still not clear why it was closed? I tried to follow the rules...Thanks

69Mach1
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I edited it the day before as SPF

You hit the post button, and posted "SOLD". It bumped the thread to the top. Remember.."edit" button, not "post" button. "Sold", or "SPF". It's the same thing.

sdsponger
03-10-2011, 1:43 PM
You hit the post button, and posted "SOLD". It bumped the thread to the top. Remember.."edit" button, not "post" button. "Sold", or "SPF". It's the same thing.Understood. Won't do that again...Thanks

Tickets2theGUNshow
03-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm on a car forum where the for sale forum allows the thread starter to lock the thread after an item has sold. I think this should be adopted on the Calguns site. Now on other forums I have joined, if you are a new member, you cannot post in the for sale sections in the the first 30 days or until you have 30 posts. I personally like the first 30 days because now new members are forced to read the rules and the nonsense and clutter are eliminated. This definitely should be implemented on here because the for sale sections have taken a nose dive since I've joined Calguns.

There is another forum in the Midwest or east coast where other members are not allowed to post in the for sale section. The only posting allowed is by the starter and it looked so much organized than our marketplace. If this can be somehow implemented, then all the noobs joining won't cause all the mess being seen. Then mods can put there attention else where needed.

dangerouspower
04-08-2011, 7:46 PM
Guys,

We should all be grateful that the Private Sale section exists without an ad charge. The rules are there to keep it fair and orderly, and a small price to pay. Thanks to Calguns, I know that so many of us have found what we are looking for without worrying about whether or not it is 'legal' to bring into CA.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.. just wanted to tip my hat to the folks that put this site together and maintain it for all of us to enjoy.

mj1
05-10-2011, 10:05 AM
So when your post is locked and someone still PMs and buys the item how do I leave feedback for the buyer? I'm sure this will all become second nature soon.

...MJ..

ke6guj
05-10-2011, 10:27 AM
So when your post is locked and someone still PMs and buys the item how do I leave feedback for chickeninthebox? I'm sure this will all become second nature soon.

...MJ..

it doesn't matter if the thread is locked or not, itrader feedback is submitted in the same matter. Click on the user's feedback number and fill in the boxes. Now, if the thread was deleted, then you wouldn't have the URL info to put inthe box (which is why mods don't delete finished For Sale threads, even though people always ask them to).

hk91666
05-21-2011, 9:29 PM
I posted a private firearms sale today under

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=435525&goto=newpost

Now I cannot find it, I have a guy I am negotiating with what happened?

saigarocks
05-22-2011, 3:17 PM
don't understand why my post was locked - ammo for sale - saiga rocks

nismobishi
05-24-2011, 9:30 AM
Mine got deleted this morning. I was not aware of the multiple thread rule and i violated the 24 hour bump. My bad lol. i do appreciate all the mods and the jobs they do that keep our forum soooooo much nicer and cleaner than some of those other places out there. Ill redo my post tonight within the rules this time:-)

thebrassnuckles
06-18-2011, 4:51 PM
I dont know why my thread got deleted. I violated no rules.

John H.
06-19-2011, 4:39 PM
Brothers: Rules and regs are present for a reason. Mainly for your protection. Be greatful we have a site that caters to CA gun enthusiasts, really. You guys have not been around sturmgewehr.com, with Buddy. Spend a few months over there, he will straighten you out. Good hunting.

Nelsona
08-11-2011, 9:38 AM
Mods: I need your help. I'm one of the rule offenders of posting multiple WTS threads. Again, I didn't realize the new rules. I understand that now. Anyways, my thread was locked and it's been over 72 hours now. What should I do? I want to update it and mark sold items and add new items. I'm afraid to open another thread and risk of it getting locked. Thanks.

69Mach1
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Please start a new one. Thanks.

Nelsona
08-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Thank you 69Mach1 for the fast response.

bshultzrn
08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
I want to make sure I understand this...we're not supposed to ask any questions or state "PM sent"? Is that why all my posts are gone?

ELEVENTH HOUR
09-18-2011, 1:40 PM
Lesson learned for me:facepalm:. I forgot some of the basic posting rules and Bada Bing Bada Boom threads gone...

Please folks read the Rules.....

ErickwCurls
10-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Why were my posts locked? An explanation would be cool to know what violation I have commited so as to not do it again

patriotgunlover
01-16-2012, 8:42 PM
Hello, I just noticed my three threads were combined, I understand why. How do I change the thread title, I can edit the post but not the title to reflect sold?

Also once I sale an item and list it as sold will all my future listings be combined to onto the old sold listing?

I just made arrangements to transfer all my rifles. But I plan on selling some more of my collection I want to ensure that the new listing wont be combined with the old sold listings but as I mentioned I cannot change the title?

thx 4 your time -

SideWinder11
01-16-2012, 10:17 PM
You can edit the title by clicking edit and then advanced edit.

Geronimo
09-22-2012, 2:43 PM
I have sent two PM's to a member, but I can't find them in my PM sent file. I don't know why there is no record of them. Is there a reason for this?

Raider888
09-22-2012, 3:12 PM
I think the threads help other Calguners not get scammed, or get more info on firearms.

pdq_wizzard
09-22-2012, 3:39 PM
I haven't read all the posts, but why can't we lock/close our own classified posts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Fjold
09-22-2012, 3:45 PM
I haven't read all the posts, but why can't we lock/close our own classified posts?

You can only delete your own posts if there are no responses from other people. You cannot close or lock a post, only moderators can. If you want to shutdown a classified post just post again saying "Withdrawn, no longer for sale" Or you can bump it twice in less than 24 hours and a moderator will close it.

pdq_wizzard
09-22-2012, 4:03 PM
You can only delete your own posts if there are no responces from other people. You cannot close or lock a post, only moderators can. If you want to shutdown a classified post just post again saying "Withdrawn, no longer for sale" You can bump it twice in less than 24 hours and a moderator will close it or you can go in and edit it and take all the information out of the post..

I know, but on Archerytalk members are asked to lock there classified ads after the sale, it seems to keep the market place clean

Bug Guy
12-25-2012, 2:50 PM
tying to find out why my forsale ad was deleted...would be nice to know so whatever I did I wont do again...thanks

mike.t
12-29-2012, 3:40 PM
Appears i double posted.Tell me how to delete or if you can combine them.Sorry
1894 colt pocket.Thanks

mike.t
12-29-2012, 3:40 PM
Appears i double posted.Tell me how to delete or if you can combine them.Sorry
1894 colt pocket.Thanks

mike.t
12-29-2012, 8:35 PM
i did not put 1894 for a correction to bump.put it back on the page where i responded.
Thank You

ZR2000
01-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Deleted

markmit4570
03-05-2013, 2:31 PM
How do I give someone a good rating after I deleted my post. I did not know how to do it at first.

Bidrop
03-06-2013, 4:58 PM
yup

NoSpam
05-10-2013, 6:25 PM
I think I got my for sale post deleted because I responded to my post indicating that the item was sold. I apologize if that is considered a "bump".

Does that mean the buyer and I lose the ability to submit itrader feedback on each other?

ke6guj
05-10-2013, 7:42 PM
I think I got my for sale post deleted because I responded to my post indicating that the item was sold. I apologize if that is considered a "bump".

Does that mean the buyer and I lose the ability to submit itrader feedback on each other?
it may be considered a bump and a violation of the bump rule, but it also violates this rule.

7) Edit the title to show your items have been 'Sold'.
Once you have sold the item(s) in your classified ad that you have in the Marketplace, edit the title so it's obvious that the item(s) have been sold'. Do not create a post just to say your item is sold. The moderating team does not delete threads simply because a transaction is completed, so please do not ask.http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=317828

NoSpam
05-17-2013, 2:26 PM
Thanks for the details. It's a bummer the buyer and I both miss out on the itrader feedback.

Thanks to renshinkan for a smooth transaction on the sale of my Benelli M1!

Kwick91
06-11-2013, 8:38 AM
How can I delete my post/thread, Iam new to the site just trying to figure everything out. Thanks.

Kwick91
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
How do I delete?

dtm925
08-24-2013, 1:47 PM
Shoot I think I got all my threads deleted for violating the multiple listing rule. If so I sincerely apologize. I love this place.

blasterp7
08-21-2014, 3:28 PM
Please clarify a point for me. I have looked for an answer - but so far have not found one. With new forum sales format. I have numerous handguns and several long guns that I want to post for sale. Can i do one post in long guns containing all long gins and one post in handguns containing all handguns - or am I limited to one post with everything???? Thanks

ke6guj
08-21-2014, 3:37 PM
Please clarify a point for me. I have looked for an answer - but so far have not found one. With new forum sales format. I have numerous handguns and several long guns that I want to post for sale. Can i do one post in long guns containing all long gins and one post in handguns containing all handguns - or am I limited to one post with everything???? Thanks

you would need to post the handguns in the handgun section nd the longguns in the long gun section. so one thread in each forum.

blasterp7
08-21-2014, 5:51 PM
Thanks - I appreciate it