PDA

View Full Version : Good job, Paul!

ShooterDK
08-19-2013, 7:22 PM
Kudos, bud!

sofbak
08-19-2013, 8:46 PM
So segregating CA 2A topics from natioanl 2A topics is a good idea???

sux to me...........but i'm not a mod so i won't have to filter these forums to see which roung peg fits which round hole and so on. we'll see

North86
08-19-2013, 9:39 PM

sux to me...........but i'm not a mod so i won't have to filter these forums to see which roung peg fits which round hole and so on. we'll see

2A is federal. Last I checked and unless I am missing something, the CA constitution doesn't guarantee the RKBA. Not sure I'd split them up.

2nd Mass
08-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I like it. The other 49 states and their groups can handle Federal. We can handle Cali. Those that won't to know the larger picture can just click here to see it. Not that hard.

gomatty
08-19-2013, 10:28 PM
This is a great improvement.

audiophil2
08-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Needs a third subforum.

CA
National
State level non-CA forum

I'm sure a lot of Californians would be interested in gun rights and law changes in the states that border CA at the minimum.

CBruce
08-20-2013, 9:22 AM

Seperating Cali's gun laws from national/2A cases makes sense, but I can't understand why "2nd Amend. Litigation Discussion" and "National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion" are two seperate sub-forums.

The distinction between "Litigation Discussion" and "Legal Discussion" is really unclear...

The Gleam
08-20-2013, 9:58 AM
Good; all the recent legislation threads for CA should remain in the CA forum, and the non-CA threads moved to here.

I'm shocked to see the previous "2nd Amendment Related" forum clogged with so much stuff unrelated to CA or even distracting tinfoil issues. Right now is the most important time for CA gun owners to be involved and aware and some are obsessing over Obama's impotent UN Treaty views, or whether NJ Governor Christie's recent veto was not "veto enough" (because of his idiotic statements about wanting to ban Barret .50BMG rifles but not "others"). While i agree Christie is a fat RINO in disguise, we have so much more on our plate to be pimarily worried about.

California, it's crunch time, concentrate on Sacramento. :)

Kestryll
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Seperating Cali's gun laws from national/2A cases makes sense, but I can't understand why "2nd Amend. Litigation Discussion" and "National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion" are two seperate sub-forums.

The distinction between "Litigation Discussion" and "Legal Discussion" is really unclear...

The main purpose for breaking up the 2A forum was to allow one forum for CA 2A politics, discussion of upcoming bills and the organization to fight them, and another to discuss current CA 2A litigation and address legal discussions and questions as they pertain to CA.
The way it previously was, a catch all forum, became very unwieldy and important information or a question could be easily lost.

The National forum is more of the old catch all 2A forum but with a non-CA orientation. We could break it down too but frnkly we're a California focused forum, the National stuff needs a place but the CA stuff is the focus.

Frito Bandido
08-20-2013, 3:15 PM
I am liking this change. Can we leave the threads related to the legislative action and committee hearings going on in Sacramento right now over to the CA 2A forums and move all the threads about Chris Christie, Obama, UN and MSM on this forum.

big jim
08-20-2013, 5:54 PM
2A is federal. Last I checked and unless I am missing something, the CA constitution doesn't guarantee the RKBA. Not sure I'd split them up.

The McDonald ruling in 2010 incorporated the 2A to the states

nicki
08-20-2013, 9:23 PM
Suprised when I notice this new forum, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Second amendment issues hit on numerous levels and tactics to preserve our rights require different tactics on different levels.

Who knows, someday we might see subforums of.

Local
Regional
State
National

Other states.

Nicki

fizux
08-21-2013, 6:31 AM
Suprised when I notice this new forum, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Second amendment issues hit on numerous levels and tactics to preserve our rights require different tactics on different levels.

Who knows, someday we might see subforums of.

Local
Regional
State
National

Other states.

Nicki
I like the reorg. Hopefully we will recognize the symptoms of OCD before creating sub-fora for each county in Oklahoma.