PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!!!!!!!Well it was a yes.

toby
08-19-2013, 4:34 PM
It's about friggin time, I love it, someplace I can go and not have to shift through all of the AR,AK's,ect, Thanks Kes....:D

Edited: Guess it wont be what I was hoping.:(

Summers
08-19-2013, 4:36 PM
Hell ya

Dannicus
08-19-2013, 4:39 PM
High five!:33:

bender152
08-19-2013, 4:53 PM
:party:

gun toting monkeyboy
08-19-2013, 5:06 PM
Bleh. :p

-Mb

jocww
08-19-2013, 5:11 PM
I like it

ar15barrels
08-19-2013, 5:14 PM
Go report the first post of each of the obvious bolt action threads in the semi-auto subforum so the moderators can move them...

noob_tube
08-19-2013, 5:17 PM
Good stuff!!! :D

Dhena81
08-19-2013, 5:23 PM
Just in time for SB47 :p

Alright where do I get a surgeon 591 action

Arkangel
08-19-2013, 5:25 PM
^^^ lol

noob_tube
08-19-2013, 5:25 PM
It's about friggin time, I love it, someplace I can go and not have to shift through all of the AR,AK's,ect, Thanks Kes....:D

You won't get away from ARs this easily!!!

LE4FigimH9g

ar15barrels
08-19-2013, 5:32 PM
Alright where do I get a surgeon 591 action

You should have gotten one before Surgeon stopped selling actions.

whatpain
08-19-2013, 5:34 PM
and

tere hanges!!!!

ar15barrels
08-19-2013, 5:35 PM
I sure hope that gets deleted. Oh yeah there's always that one guy that can't follow the rules.

That rifle is manually operated.
Watch the video...

Fjold
08-19-2013, 5:57 PM
This will cut my browsing time in half.

toby
08-19-2013, 6:08 PM
That rifle is manually operated.
Watch the video...

It may very well be, I did not watch the video but to me an AR is an AR regardless of configuration.

ar15barrels
08-19-2013, 6:19 PM
It may very well be, I did not watch the video but to me an AR is an AR regardless of configuration.

You must be a member of our state's legislature.
They feel the same way about AR-15's and M-16's.

Merc1138
08-19-2013, 6:38 PM
You must be a member of our state's legislature.
They feel the same way about AR-15's and M-16's.

Seems more like a Zumbo.

viper37
08-19-2013, 6:41 PM
FINNAALLLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

toby
08-19-2013, 6:44 PM
Seems more like a Zumbo.

Yep! to each his own. And this forum went to hell on the very first day. Imagine that, what a wasted effort.

Merc1138
08-19-2013, 6:53 PM
Yep! to each his own. And this forum went to hell on the very first day. Imagine that, what a wasted effort.

Well when someone starts making assumptions without even verifying the operation of the rifle in the video, what do you expect to happen? This is the manually operated rifle forum, not a "bolt action, no spring return on the bolt allowed" forum. You're the one who incorrectly make the assumption about ARs and AKs.

BTW, this video would go here as well:
Vl927obOpxU

Dhena81
08-19-2013, 7:21 PM
You should have gotten one before Surgeon stopped selling actions.

I know I procrastinated I really didn't think people were going to panic buy bolt action rifles. I looked in June to pick one up and that's when it went from 6-8 months to not accepting orders. I hope they have them for sale one day again if not I'm going to have to look for a new custom action.

ebencikiv
08-19-2013, 7:28 PM

LE4FigimH9g

reported wrong section :D

toby
08-19-2013, 8:09 PM
Well when someone starts making assumptions without even verifying the operation of the rifle in the video, what do you expect to happen? This is the manually operated rifle forum, not a "bolt action, no spring return on the bolt allowed" forum. You're the one who incorrectly make the assumption about ARs and AKs.

BTW, this video would go here as well:
Vl927obOpxU

I made no assumption I said an AR is an AR no matter the configuration Maybe I should have listed platform? same difference it's still an AR or AK I dislike them both and thought that I would not have to sift though the likes of them here on this new forum. I was wrong! Sue me.

ar15barrels
08-19-2013, 8:58 PM
I know I procrastinated I really didn't think people were going to panic buy bolt action rifles. I looked in June to pick one up and that's when it went from 6-8 months to not accepting orders. I hope they have them for sale one day again if not I'm going to have to look for a new custom action.

Defiance is shipping Deviants now.
700 footprint.
Integral rail and lug.

EL_NinO619
08-19-2013, 10:23 PM

WTH, Kinda like a AR15 is a weapon of war. :confused:

EL_NinO619
08-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Oh ya, glad to see this sub, I logged on tonight after a busy week and thought for a second I was on a different forum with all these new subs.. Times are changing.

HK Dave
08-20-2013, 8:24 AM
Awesome!

toby
08-20-2013, 12:12 PM
No reason to sue you. You are both the only person complaining about how this thread got crapped on and simultaneously the only person crapping on this thread.

Manually operated ARs have a very important place, just ask any of our UK brothers. Posting a video about one is useful. Complaining that it wastes your time just makes you sound like a child.

No I voiced my opinion and you got butt hurt, only one acting like a child is you Cuz you get over the fact everyone is not pro AR. Wake the F up and realize that.

Mr. Magoo
08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
I am pro guns.

whipkiller
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
No I voiced my opinion and you got butt hurt, only one acting like a child is you Cuz you get over the fact everyone is not pro AR. Wake the F up and realize that.

"I know you are, but what am I?" :p

Geezus, you kids like to bicker.

Merc1138
08-20-2013, 1:44 PM

Quit complaining. You made an ignorant post due to not knowing something, and instead of accepting what you just learned and moving on with your life, you're continuing to complain about ARs and AKs. Get over it. Even ignoring the AR platform itself, it's not as if there aren't shared components on other rifles these days. Off the top of my head that mossberg tactical(ugly) lever action uses an M4 collapsible stock, and then of course you have the various bolt action chassis that use AR stocks, grips, DBMs using AR mags, muzzle devices, and probably some other stuff.

Seriously, get over it. AK's are almost 70 years old and the M16 and it's various incarnations are 50. They aren't going away any time soon.

CSACANNONEER
08-20-2013, 1:46 PM

Edited: Guess it wont be what I was hoping.:(

I'm going to make it a habit to talk about my non semi ARs and AKs here just to F with you.:p

Merc1138
08-20-2013, 1:50 PM
I'm going to make it a habit to talk about my non semi ARs and AKs here just to F with you.:p

We need a thread just for those bolt action .338 lapua, .50bmg, etc. uppers(just to drive toby nuts).

noob_tube
08-20-2013, 2:20 PM
Well shoot, if I had known that by posting that video I would have gotten someone so bent out of shape to the point of ruining their day, I probably would have done it anyway :D

CSACANNONEER
08-20-2013, 2:23 PM
We need a thread just for those bolt action .338 lapua, .50bmg, etc. uppers(just to drive toby nuts).

Don't forget my pump action AKs! Sooner or later, I'm going to build another AK and not drill the gas port to make it a straight pull bolt action just to keep Toby awake at night.

Merc1138
08-20-2013, 2:52 PM
Don't forget my pump action AKs! Sooner or later, I'm going to build another AK and not drill the gas port to make it a straight pull bolt action just to keep Toby awake at night.

I didn't forget those, I even posted a video for a PAR-1.

1859sharps
08-20-2013, 3:02 PM
.... you got butt hurt, only one acting like a child is you ......

talk about pot calling kettle black.....

manually operated is manually operated.

milotrain
08-20-2013, 3:02 PM
Cuz you get over the fact everyone is not pro AR. Wake the F up and realize that.

I had no idea that other people were anti AR! I wonder if there are other people out there who don't like things that I like other than the AR? Do you provide this service of enlightening people to subjective reality for free or am I going to get a bill?

Arkangel
08-20-2013, 3:19 PM
This thread made me smile.

The Gleam
08-20-2013, 4:56 PM
Meh. My interest in Semi-Auto rifles neither rivals nor pales in comparison to my interest in bolt-action or other "manually operated" rifles.

I see no difference, therefore separate forums for rifles is just more separate acreage and boundaries bounce to between unecessarily. If anything, it unintentionally divides gun owners as separate classes, not interested enough in each others' concerns.

vintagedude88
08-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Just in time for SB47 :p

My first thoughts were that CG created the new sub forum because they're knuckling under for the impending legislation.

If anything, it unintentionally divides gun owners as separate classes, not interested enough in each others' concerns.

Divided we fall.

United we stand.

Merc1138
08-21-2013, 2:38 AM
You guys are forgetting, that aside from major differences in operation between the typical manual action platforms, and the usual semi auto platforms, there is also a completely different set of laws governing them. As such, the two vastly different topics easily clutter eachother up. Someone looking for info about lever actions, bolt actions, or whatever doesn't need to wade through 5 threads about which brand AR mag to get, 3 threads asking where to buy AK rebuild kits, and a half dozen "how do I build a cheap AR/AK".

Just the same as a lot of C&R guns could be lumped in with centerfire rifles, due to the massive difference in discussion topics they're typically best left separate.

There hasn't been a "omg, the C&R guys have their own forum, we're divided and gonna fall, ohnoez!" so it doesn't make sense to freak out now.

The Gleam
08-22-2013, 1:10 PM
You guys are forgetting, that aside from major differences in operation between the typical manual action platforms, and the usual semi auto platforms, there is also a completely different set of laws governing them.

Maybe they should have to wade through such inconviences; then it's possible we would not have such laws as a ban on rifles chambered in .50BMG, which includes bolt-actions AND single-shot manual actions. AB50 nearly went ignored by the "traditional" bolt-action crowd at the time, yet the bill became law, the first to ban and register bolt action rifles in this country; but the Zumbos didn't care.

Also, nobody is "freaking out" - it's more of a shoulder shrug of "pointless".

Not really a big deal, but at the same time, I think the unitended consequence of the divide will lead to ignored concerns... until Paul Koretz sets up a bill banning ALL "high-powered" rifles to include such things as the Remington 700 as he would love to have.

ExtremeX
08-22-2013, 1:18 PM
You guys are forgetting, that aside from major differences in operation between the typical manual action platforms, and the usual semi auto platforms, there is also a completely different set of laws governing them. As such, the two vastly different topics easily clutter eachother up. Someone looking for info about lever actions, bolt actions, or whatever doesn't need to wade through 5 threads about which brand AR mag to get, 3 threads asking where to buy AK rebuild kits, and a half dozen "how do I build a cheap AR/AK".

Just the same as a lot of C&R guns could be lumped in with centerfire rifles, due to the massive difference in discussion topics they're typically best left separate.

There hasn't been a "omg, the C&R guys have their own forum, we're divided and gonna fall, ohnoez!" so it doesn't make sense to freak out now.

This

I'm happy its separated into another forum.

ChuckW
08-23-2013, 6:42 PM

LE4FigimH9g

I can see those catching on here if we can't have semi-auto ARs.