PDA

View Full Version : If we could have silencers...

Waingro
01-03-2008, 8:04 PM
Is we could have silencers what percentage of your rifles and handguns would be suppressed? (Meaning they would have the tax stamp on them and a threaded barrel)

M. Sage
01-03-2008, 8:07 PM
I was under the impression that only the silencer needed the tax stamp.

I'd want a pistol silencer, maybe a silencer for a .22 (great for teaching newbies) and a Delisle replica. :D

4 Brigada
01-03-2008, 8:10 PM
I was at a gun show in NZ, they can own silencers. They cant think why we dont use them in the US (why they are illegal in places). Guess we have Hollywood to thank for that.

QuarterBoreGunner
01-03-2008, 8:15 PM
less than 25% - probably just my .22s

Waingro
01-03-2008, 8:16 PM
It would really save the ears... think of the ears...

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 8:18 PM
a supressor would most definatly make its way onto my HD g22. why suffer partial perminant hearing loss ( I already have horrid hearing) when its not nescisary anymore? I don't care if the courts would try and call me an assasin atleast I'll be able to hear their unfounded acusations.

USN CHIEF
01-03-2008, 8:21 PM
100% of my guns would have Silencers.. Here is a little bit of factual information; Zombies do hear noises:eek:

Hopi
01-03-2008, 8:23 PM
The following rifles in my stable would have a suppressor:
*AR-15s
*M-14s
*.308 converted schmidt rubin bolt gun
*AK-47s
*SKS
*Sig P220
*Ruger 10/22

There would really not be a reason to outfit my C and R guns with suppressors.

Edited to add:
When we repeal the .50 bmg ban, i'll suppress my semi-auto barrett......

QuarterBoreGunner
01-03-2008, 8:23 PM
^well yeah, but not all my guns are zombie guns.

ok that's wrong. They all are.

Shane916
01-03-2008, 8:31 PM
Is we could have silencers what percentage of your rifles and handguns would be suppressed? (Meaning they would have the tax stamp on them and a threaded barrel)

None of my handguns because having a threaded barrel is still illegal :p

M. Sage
01-03-2008, 8:33 PM
...my HD g22.

Wait, did I read that right? Home defense G22?!

m24armorer
01-03-2008, 8:35 PM
My silenced P-22 Does not have a threaded barrel.....

Shane916
01-03-2008, 8:35 PM
Wait, did I read that right? Home defense G22?!

Glock 22!! :D

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 8:37 PM
heh thanks shane yeah not the walther g22 .22lr rifle the glock 22 .40 caliber pistol ;)

Shane916
01-03-2008, 8:38 PM
heh thanks shane yeah not the walther g22 .22lr rifle the glock 22 .40 caliber pistol ;)

I thought Walther G22 for a second as well... then logic hit :)

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 8:39 PM
:43:lol well my neighbors might be gnomes and trolls heh

M. Sage
01-03-2008, 8:40 PM
Lol, that makes more sense, then. :chris: I've heard stranger things on here. :TFH:

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 8:41 PM
in all honesty the human body is a strange thing. people have ben hit in the stomach with a .22 and were DRT and hit in the head with a .45 and lived (with brain damage of course)

ARRRR-15
01-03-2008, 8:43 PM
If I had the money I would put one on every caliber I own just for fun. You could always take them off or have 2 of each rifle/handgun, one with and one without.

Shane916
01-03-2008, 8:46 PM
In all honestly to having silencers. They become quite expensive. With the $500+ price tag plus the $200 tax stamp for each silencer.. I don't think most of us would be able to afford one for each gun.

shonc99
01-03-2008, 8:47 PM
Assuming that all of the legal issues were covered I would have several, on for each caliber desired; 22LR, 9mm, 223 and 308.

Hopi
01-03-2008, 8:49 PM
In all honestly to having silencers. They become quite expensive. With the $500+ price tag plus the $200 tax stamp for each silencer.. I don't think most of us would be able to afford one for each gun.

If they were "legal" to own, why couldn't you just manufacture your own and pay the illegal tax stamp.....suppressors are very simple tools that can be fabricated fairly cheaply.

M. Sage
01-03-2008, 8:50 PM
in all honesty the human body is a strange thing. people have ben hit in the stomach with a .22 and were DRT and hit in the head with a .45 and lived (with brain damage of course)

That's true, but I think I'll take my chances with something 9mm (or more powerful) rather than a .22 lr for HD. :p Personally, I'm a fan of my Romy. More than enough power? Yep... that sounds just about right to me.

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 8:52 PM
I havn't researched any of it since I had no need to but I'm fairly certain that getting a .22 and .30 cal supressor would allow them to be attatched to anything .22 or .30 cal reguardless of the brass and powder behind it.

sage, me too but I was just pointing out that its not a totally aenemic round heh.

4 Brigada
01-03-2008, 8:55 PM
If they were "legal" to own, why couldn't you just manufacture your own and pay the illegal tax stamp.....suppressors are very simple tools that can be fabricated fairly cheaply.

There you have it, Hopi dont know if I would suppress that .308 Schmidt-Rubin. Man,I bet thats a sweet shooter Im seriously thinking about converting mine.

Shane916
01-03-2008, 8:56 PM

My set of screw drivers and wrenches wouldn't make very pretty supressors :D

glockman19
01-03-2008, 9:00 PM
Yes I'd likely have them on most of my guns.

Wouldn't it be nice NOT to have to wear ear protection?

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 9:02 PM
it don't have to be pretty to function. a pipe some scrap metal and knowing how to weld :TFH:

Hopi
01-03-2008, 9:07 PM
There you have it, Hopi dont know if I would suppress that .308 Schmidt-Rubin. Man,I bet thats a sweet shooter Im seriously thinking about converting mine.

Why not suppress the Schmidt-Rubin? It is indeed a sweet shooter, with a little softer kick than my K-31s. It is light in weight and handling, more so than my m-14s and it would be great to hump around.....I can rack that straight pull with pie-plate accuracy pretty damn fast.

4 Brigada
01-03-2008, 9:09 PM
My set of screw drivers and wrenches wouldn't make very pretty supressors

Cottage industry would be created, buy/sell parts and assemble. I was at the Fresno AK build, with the collective talents that I saw there. Certainly a excellent crosssection of the CGers. I dont think that tools,services or building would be a problem.

Hopi
01-03-2008, 9:17 PM
Remember, suppressors don't need to be made from welded metal. If I understand correctly, it is currently illegal to suppress a firearm with a blanket over the barrel. There are also ways to quietly discharge a firearm without a suppressor, using your 'target' as the baffle....

01-03-2008, 9:23 PM
I would say about 25%; however if no tax stamp was involved it would be 100%. I wouldn't use them to look cool. I would use them because I can hardly hear now.

shonc99
01-03-2008, 9:33 PM
it don't have to be pretty to function. a pipe some scrap metal and knowing how to weld :TFH:

While a crude expansion chamber type supressor with large baffles would be easy to fabricate, the larger the tolerances, the less supression achieved. Alignment is also a critical factor. Having a rifle bullet strike a baffle 2 feet in front of your face at 3000 fps does not sound like something I would like to experience.

It seems the easiest way to make a supressor is with a lathe. Everything stays centered and you can make the tube, baffles, end pieces and thread everything as needed. No need to weld.

Hopi
01-03-2008, 9:40 PM
While a crude expansion chamber type supressor with large baffles would be easy to fabricate, the larger the tolerances, the less supression achieved. Alignment is also a critical factor. Having a rifle bullet strike a baffle 2 feet in front of your face at 3000 fps does not sound like something I would like to experience.

It seems the easiest way to make a supressor is with a lathe. Everything stays centered and you can make the tube, baffles, end pieces and thread everything as needed. No need to weld.

Passage from a great book:

The Amnesty was going to allow registration of silencers without having to pay the tax, during the one month 'window'. That was why Henry was spending a great deal of time cutting and putting serial numbers
on various diameters and lengths of stainless steel aircraft tubing. He had decided that fifty would probably suffice for a lifetime supply, given his high-volume shooting habits. The outer tubes were what was
important. He could make the internals up later, as they were needed.
Stainless steel was a lot harder to cut than mild steel, and Henry was soon sweating again. Christ! Henry said to himself. Cutting off pieces of aircraft tubing and stamping numbers on them all weekend 'cause it's
the only time when you don't have to pay the Feds two hundred bucks for each one.

RANGER295
01-03-2008, 9:44 PM
I couldn’t put a percentage on it, but I would have at least one for .22, .30 cal, 9mm, .45, and maybe .40 cal and .38 cal. With the exception of a couple of odd ball things that I have, that covers all of the calibers that I own. I would just have to make sure that the threads fit for all of the different weapons. But come on… we are dreaming here.

gose
01-03-2008, 9:49 PM
My guesstimate, 0%.

I didn't get any when I could, and nothing has really changed since then, nope, not for me.

ar15barrels
01-03-2008, 9:51 PM
I voted 25% because I have a lot of handguns and many of them would be either un-wieldy with a can, or would be very difficult to fit a can.
Most of the rifles would end up being threaded though.

Of course I would end up with a few integrally supressed 22's as well as a few cans that would cover most of the rifles.

ar15barrels
01-03-2008, 9:53 PM

The Amnesty was going to allow registration of silencers without having to pay the tax, during the one month 'window'. That was why Henry was spending a great deal of time cutting and putting serial numbers
on various diameters and lengths of stainless steel aircraft tubing. He had decided that fifty would probably suffice for a lifetime supply, given his high-volume shooting habits. The outer tubes were what was
Stainless steel was a lot harder to cut than mild steel, and Henry was soon sweating again. Christ! Henry said to himself. Cutting off pieces of aircraft tubing and stamping numbers on them all weekend 'cause it's
the only time when you don't have to pay the Feds two hundred bucks for each one.

I have that book.
It's even signed for me by John Ross at Knob Creek several years back. ;)

ar15barrels
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I was under the impression that only the silencer needed the tax stamp.

That's correct.

Most of my customers start with a 1/2-28 threaded 223 rated can.
They can use it on their AR's and on their 22's.
Then you get either a 9mm or a rimfire can.
The rimfire cans are lighter weight, but won't handle a 223...

You can handle many situations very well with about 5 cans total.

NSR500
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I would have Silencers for each caliber that I own for both my Pistols and Rifles. But... I'd put a Loudener on my Shotguns!

mothergreen
01-03-2008, 10:18 PM
nope they don't but pvc pipe would be boardering on lunacy.. of course you wouldn't have the issue shonc is talking about since the bullet would fly right thru your pvc baffles.

metalhead357
01-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, for those like pushing the envelope......... I heard they're legal in CA and cant find much directly to say they aint but you could have a Hastings Barrel extension for yer' Shotgun right now.

From Cabellas website

Not only does this innovative 32", fully ported, screw-in barrel extension reduce the report of your shotgun by as much as 50% (more when using subsonic loads), it also substantially improves patterning. In fact, tests revealed consistent 85% patterns at 40 yards before the barrel was even fitted to accept choke tubes. At 1.1 pounds, it doesn't add excess forward weight. And the barrel extension disappears completely behind the bead, free from your line of sight. Extension tube is threaded for same choke tube as the factory weapon it is installed on. Installation wrench is included. Blued finish.

problem is-- its LONNNNNNNNNNNNG,

but for $130 I've thought about it a couple of times.

01-03-2008, 11:18 PM

Good ole Henry Bowman. The book is a good read if you have a little time on youe hands.

FatKatMatt
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
All the home defense guns, as well as the SHTF guns

Waingro
01-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes I'd likely have them on most of my guns.

Wouldn't it be nice NOT to have to wear ear protection?

HEARING PROTECTION? WHAT'S THAT?!:p

ldivinag
01-04-2008, 12:00 AM
seeing that each can costs an average of $600...

one tacti-cool can for my sig p226

one for my super duper tacti-cool AR OLL

can a tacti-cool 308 sniper rifle be supressed?

what about a serbu 50 bmg? ;)

metalhead357
01-04-2008, 1:03 AM
HEARING PROTECTION? WHAT'S THAT?!:p

"...talking out in the field today. Hi' what's your name? "My name's Bob Fliber!" Bob, what do you do? "I'm in artillery!" Thank you, Bob. Can we play anything for you? "Anything! Just play it loud! Okay?""

Anyone? Anyone?

RANGER295
01-04-2008, 8:31 AM
I have a quick question. I know that making them and possessing them and using them is highly illegal. What if you coach someone ie. give them some ideas and pointers, give them some of the materials that they are going to use, but never have anything to actually do with making it and never use it? Could you get in trouble for that. I am talking a situation where someone comes to you and says “I am making a suppressor and I know you have some knowledge about that type of thing. Could you give me some pointers.” And the materials would just be raw materials that you had sitting around as scrap, nothing that was remotely previously destined for this kind of project.

4 Brigada
01-04-2008, 9:04 AM
I would certainly help, first the written/electronic info materials available are protected by the freedom of speech provisions in the US Constitution. Second since I dont have that much experience with building silencers or with the laws that regulate them I would refer the person to the BATF. They are as with any government organization ready to assist and help in so many ways and have vast knowledge in the subject. Im sure that they will be able to assist or at least tell you were you can go.

Hopi
01-04-2008, 9:14 AM
Anyone? Anyone?

Good Morning Vietnam?

762cavalier
01-04-2008, 9:38 AM
I still don't understand why silencers are illegal. Most of the complaints from non-shooters is the noise. :rolleyes:

I would like to have a can for my AR, My converted mini-30 and my 10/22

FEDUPWBS
01-04-2008, 9:57 AM
I would certainly help, first the written/electronic info materials available are protected by the freedom of speech provisions in the US Constitution. Second since I dont have that much experience with building silencers or with the laws that regulate them I would refer the person to the BATF. They are as with any government organization ready to assist and help in so many ways and have vast knowledge in the subject. Im sure that they will be able to assist or at least tell you were you can go.

Seriously though:);)

4 Brigada
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Seriously though

Sounded sincere to me:D

99sparks
01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
None. I dont need em. Ok if you have them but I dont need any on my guns.

metalhead357
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Good Morning Vietnam?

Yep:)

tophatjones
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
If we could have silencers, there'd be a lot less noise pollution at the ranges and on hunting trips. Because hearing damage is accumulated gradually, people don't realize when they're being injured.

Here are some common calibers and their respective decibel levels from some popular barrel lengths.

http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_gunfirenoise.shtml

If anybody hasn't taken this online hearing test, they should.

http://www.freehearingtest.com

mothergreen
01-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I still don't understand why silencers are illegal. Most of the complaints from non-shooters is the noise. :rolleyes:

I would like to have a can for my AR, My converted mini-30 and my 10/22

well for starters they are supressors not silencers. silencers are sound effects used in movies :D its ironic that in brittan the few people who do have firearms are encouraged to have supressors for that very reason, noise pollution. the fearmongering anti's think supressors are only for assasins so they are affraid of them.

Blue
01-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd have somewheres in the neighborhood of 1-4. I'd LOVE one on my 9mm AR.

retired
01-05-2008, 3:03 PM
I took the hearing test. Problems at 3 and 4 and 8 kHz. But, that's why I wearing aids when I'm watching tv. Not when I'm shooting. Then I wear swimmer's ear plugs and hearing muffs. I bought some electronic ones believing they would do a better job, but they actually affected my hearing for a few days. Back to the cheap muffs; no problem other than the damage I already have.

Hearing damage due to the hearing muffs provided by the dept. when we shot PPC. Guess my ears were more sensitive as everyone wore the same equipment.:(

shonc99
01-05-2008, 6:12 PM
I have a quick question. I know that making them and possessing them and using them is highly illegal. What if you coach someone ie. give them some ideas and pointers, give them some of the materials that they are going to use, but never have anything to actually do with making it and never use it? Could you get in trouble for that. I am talking a situation where someone comes to you and says “I am making a suppressor and I know you have some knowledge about that type of thing. Could you give me some pointers.” And the materials would just be raw materials that you had sitting around as scrap, nothing that was remotely previously destined for this kind of project.

Supressors are regulated as NFA firearms and ARE legal in 33 of the 50 states. If you live in a free state and file the form-4 you can apply to make the supressor just as you would file the form-4 to make a SBR.

Information for making a supressor and the physics behind it are all over the web. www.silencertests.com (http://www.silencertests.com) is a good source for information and tons of pictures.

nope they don't but pvc pipe would be boardering on lunacy.. of course you wouldn't have the issue shonc is talking about since the bullet would fly right thru your pvc baffles.

If the bullet strikes a baffle inside the tube the results can be catastrophic. Probably not so much in a 22LR but in a 9mm or rifle it could be deadly. Making a supressor out of PVC wouldn't be impossible but the first chamber would need to be rather large to contain the pressure. There are some designs which use rubber wipes which have a smaller diameter than the bullet. Wipes wear out pretty fast and the design is more of a throw away design.

Tactical Innovations sells many different 22LR cans and has pictures on their website of the "K" baffles (the most common)

Ech0Sierra
01-05-2008, 6:13 PM
I'd have one for my BOB rifle, one for my pest .22lr and one for my BOB 9mm.

wilit
01-05-2008, 6:19 PM
If we could get them in CA, this is what I'd have.

http://www.gilbertindoorrange.com/Firearm_pics/Ruger_suppressed.jpg

mothergreen
01-05-2008, 6:37 PM
best bet then is to live in a place where they are legal and let the pros build em heh.

ar15barrels
01-05-2008, 8:42 PM
If you live in a free state and file the form-4 you can apply to make the supressor just as you would file the form-4 to make a SBR.

It's a form 1 to make an NFA item, not a form 4.
Form 4 is to transfer an NFA item. ;)

metalhead357
01-05-2008, 8:48 PM
........and nar a comment by anyone on my post about a legal to own one NOW....:rolleyes:

Boomer1961
01-05-2008, 8:58 PM
In some countries the enviromentalist/liberals have made silencers on firearms mandatory just like a muffler on a car.

That actually makes more sense than banning them because some cop saw a movie where the bad guy had them therefore it is a bad guy tool, lets ban them.

You could make the same argument about cars, as getaway cars are left idling in front of banks, no one can hear them committing their crime so they get away with it. With a muffler ban you could hear the idling get away car in the bank and get suspicious and hit the silent alarm.

I think we should ban mufflers on cars to stop crime in its tracks.:D

Kestryll
01-05-2008, 9:17 PM
........and nar a comment by anyone on my post about a legal to own one NOW....:rolleyes:

Maybe if you had put in a link....

Hopi
01-05-2008, 9:59 PM

I checked it out but it is way too long for me to consider it practical. 32":eek:

ar15barrels
01-05-2008, 10:24 PM

People are too lazy to seek it out.
Provide a link. ;)

I don't have much use for a 32" long choke tube.
Most of the shotgun shooting I do is with an 18" barreled Benelli and it's usually in tight confines like doorways and shooting ports.
That choke tube would be quite impractical for me.

jtv3062
01-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Heres a link to a forum that might help you http://www.silencertests.com/

metalhead357
01-06-2008, 5:45 PM
Maybe if you had put in a link....
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005577224961a&type=product&cmCat=Search_Results_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Hastings+Barrel+extension+&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Hastings+Barrel+extension+&noImage=0

JPglee1
01-06-2008, 6:01 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005577224961a&type=product&cmCat=Search_Results_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Hastings+Barrel+extension+&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Hastings+Barrel+extension+&noImage=0

I personally wouldn't dink with this thing... BATFE says anything (ANYTHING) that lowers the report of the weapon by ONE DECIBEL...yes ONE decibel... can be considered a "suppressor" and can be used as a charge against you. This is why you can't have an XM177 moderator w/out a tax stamp (even tho the gun is still FRICKEN loud even w/the XM177 moderator, especially the E1 style)...

IMHO, the screw-on nature of the "choke tube", along with the fact they readily claim it lowers the report, makes the choke tube a no-go...I wouldn't be surprised if they get told to stop selling them (atkins accelerator anyone?)

Thats just my IMHO tho.

J :D

Blackflag
01-06-2008, 6:17 PM
I'd definitely have one - just to save my ears. The prices would go way down if they were legal and widely available.

It's silly to illegalize something that prevents hearing loss.

532Fastback
01-06-2008, 7:23 PM
If we could have silencers, all my of guns would have the ability to be suppressed.

pullnshoot25
04-28-2008, 3:08 PM
I personally wouldn't dink with this thing... BATFE says anything (ANYTHING) that lowers the report of the weapon by ONE DECIBEL...yes ONE decibel... can be considered a "suppressor" and can be used as a charge against you. This is why you can't have an XM177 moderator w/out a tax stamp (even tho the gun is still FRICKEN loud even w/the XM177 moderator, especially the E1 style)...

IMHO, the screw-on nature of the "choke tube", along with the fact they readily claim it lowers the report, makes the choke tube a no-go...I wouldn't be surprised if they get told to stop selling them (atkins accelerator anyone?)

Thats just my IMHO tho.

J :D

It is just a longer barrel. people get longer barrels all the time, particularly for .22 rifles, for the sole purpose of having a quieter firearm, especially in close-quarter shooting with subsonics for small vermin and the like.

dasmi
04-28-2008, 3:10 PM
My .22s would all get a can. Maybe my CZ 75 as well.

Gnome
04-28-2008, 3:10 PM
100% of my guns would have Silencers.. Here is a little bit of factual information; Zombies do hear noises:eek:

Good point! Sold.

RedDawn
04-28-2008, 3:12 PM
Silence is golden.

tyrist
04-28-2008, 4:03 PM
People have seen too many movies where a weapon which is suppressed only gives off the sound of the slide racking.

Far from the truth and the legislature really should just pass a standard minimum level before a tax stamp is required. This would enable pretty much every BOOM stick to be supressed and prevent hearing loss while still allowing people to hear somebody shooting.

packnrat
04-28-2008, 5:16 PM
some yes.

most no.

deleted by PC police
04-28-2008, 5:29 PM
I wouldn't mind one on a home defense gun but when i'm at the range I like to feel the kaboom.

Vin496
04-28-2008, 5:49 PM
Yeah it might be cool on a .22, but part of the fun of shooting, is the feedback of the weapon, with sound being a large factor.

Bishop
04-28-2008, 6:30 PM
Any gun loud enough to damage my hearing (read: ALL)

Pvt. Cowboy
04-28-2008, 7:21 PM
Suppressed guns are more fun. Usually more accurate. Generally more pleasant to shoot. Draws a crowd, gets some interesting attention.

jamesob
04-28-2008, 7:26 PM
for a 22 all you need is a 10/22 with subsonic rounds. thats not loud at all

tophatjones
04-28-2008, 7:31 PM
Well, I'm a musician so I'm totally paranoid about my hearing. I always double up on ear protection, and if anyone knows how to triple up on ear protection, let me know. So, if suppressors were legal here, they'd be on every single one of my guns. I've always been confused at why suppressors aren't legally used more often to reduce noise pollution, which will always be a bigger problem than suppressed James Bond style assassinations.

Rob454
04-28-2008, 7:41 PM
My 44 magnum. That thing is so fing loud even with ear muffs after shooting it a while you start talking really really LOUD
My wife knows when I went shooting and fired the 44 or my 30-06 cause i come home and yell thinking Im speaking in my indoor voice

C.G.
04-28-2008, 8:09 PM
Any gun loud enough to damage my hearing (read: ALL)

+1.:)

slick_711
04-28-2008, 8:57 PM
Depends on price & availability. Most likely just one .223 suppressor to share between the ARs, and one 9mm silencer to split between my Colt and the Glock I'd have to buy.

ViPER395
04-28-2008, 9:43 PM
Only the .22s

ldivinag
04-29-2008, 12:02 AM
heck... i'd put one on my serbu 50BFG for S&G... ;)

dgey
04-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I'd love one for my .22s, rifles and guns, my 9mm and 45s... just because saving my hearing is important...

m24armorer
04-30-2008, 5:54 PM
Whats a silencer? ;)

QuarterBoreGunner
04-30-2008, 7:02 PM
It's what our American cousins call an attenuator old chap.

m24armorer
05-01-2008, 5:43 AM
I thought it was moderator, but a moderator can ban you :D