PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand for sale (Now With Pictures!)

bisonthecruiser
01-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Don't know how much to ask for it but its shoots true. Prefer a trade and I would try to come to you (local dealer is no fun).
Gun has good finish and is marked Century Arms. Barrel is good and I have plenty of clips and ammo if you take it.
Has a sport stock that absorbs recoil real well.
USGI Receiver with CA Mark (Thanks Tony)
I have probably 100-250 rounds of .30-06 and maybe 20-40 clips you would get all I have. Comes in padded case.
Located in Santa Rosa, CA and would be willing to ship if you want to pay for it. Currently asking $850.00 OBO.
Will try to get pics up soon. Paid $850.00 for it 2 years ago.
Would be willing to trade (and give cash) for a Springfield M1A, M1 Carbine w/folding stock, M14, or if you have any other ideas PM me.

Thanks,

Adam Greco

PICTURES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22499635@N03/

vega
01-03-2008, 11:45 AM
You have to post a price per rule, otherwise your thread gets deleted.

bisonthecruiser
01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Thank you!

Timberwolf
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
:useless:

TonyNorCal
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
You might want to consider posting your location and a few details on the rifle......

Is it a Century receiver or is it another (USGI) maker with a Century Import Mark?

Also, how much ammo do you have? If it's a lot that may really sweaten the deal for someone.

Good luck with your sale:)

vega
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Welll thanks for your help. One Million Dollars or Best Offer

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=41606
Check rule #10.

Kestryll
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
He's not mistaken Bison and his help should be heeded.
If you want to get an idea of the value of your rifle before selling it you may want to ask in the Rifles forum or C&R forum.

A price and a location are requirements for posting a For Sale ad here.
Not posting either will get your post removed and sarcastic prices like "One Million Dollars or Best Offer" will get it removed faster.

PM me once you've edited the top post with a location and a real price an I'll reopen this and move it back up to the top.

bisonthecruiser
01-03-2008, 4:17 PM
My bad.

He's not mistaken Bison and his help should be heeded.
If you want to get an idea of the value of your rifle before selling it you may want to ask in the Rifles forum or C&R forum.

A price and a location are requirements for posting a For Sale ad here.
Not posting either will get your post removed and sarcastic prices like "One Million Dollars or Best Offer" will get it removed faster.

PM me once you've edited the top post with a location and a real price an I'll reopen this and move it back up to the top.

rue
01-03-2008, 5:28 PM
Are you firm on the price?

Do you have pictures?

bisonthecruiser
01-03-2008, 5:40 PM
Not dead set on the price. I will get pictures up after I take them tonight.

Thanks for your interest.

Adam

rue
01-03-2008, 5:46 PM
Not dead set on the price. I will get pictures up after I take them tonight.

Thanks for your interest.

Adam

Thanks, any way you could meet up in vacaville?

NRAhighpowershooter
01-03-2008, 7:36 PM
Just to inform the OP that a M1 Carbine with a folding stock is considered an AW (detachable mag and folding stock) and verboten.

bisonthecruiser
01-04-2008, 1:14 PM
Thanks, any way you could meet up in vacaville?

Yah, wouldn't be a problem, let me get you your pictures when power at my house comes back. If you like the looks and want her Ill meet ya there.

bisonthecruiser
01-04-2008, 1:14 PM
Just to inform the OP that a M1 Carbine with a folding stock is considered an AW (detachable mag and folding stock) and verboten.

The old WW2 M1 Carbines with folding stock are assault weapons? Thats a bummer.

Blue
01-04-2008, 1:19 PM
The old WW2 M1 Carbines with folding stock are assault weapons? Thats a bummer.

Welcome to Kalifornia! :cool:

TonyNorCal
01-04-2008, 1:23 PM
California is a bummer that way. Read this. It tells you what features make something an 'assault weapon' as California defines one. The only exception would be if you registered the firearm priot to the California ban 8 years ago. (And, to register one had to send a form in to the DOJ. Some people incorrectly assume that the DROS paperwork done at the time of sale was 'registration'. It was not.)

(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

(C) A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

-------

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(B) A second handgrip.

(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

------

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Bongos
01-04-2008, 8:27 PM
that is one cool M1 Garand, I've never seen a custom stock that nice on a Garand!!! FYI, your Garand is a USGI Garand with and import mark...I would be interested in it, but I'm in SoCAL

TonyNorCal
01-04-2008, 8:32 PM
Nice rifle.

Your Garand (the receiver anyway) was produced in September of 1944.

http://www.jouster.com/serial/Springfield.html

Joe Register
01-04-2008, 9:14 PM
Wow. You don't see that everyday.

metalhead357
01-04-2008, 9:28 PM
Somebody went to town on that stock....looks like a late 50's early 60's sporter mod to me......

Free BTT

bisonthecruiser
01-04-2008, 9:33 PM
Will be in Southern California Jan 18, 19 In Ventura, Santa Barbara, and LA (UCLA area).

that is one cool M1 Garand, I've never seen a custom stock that nice on a Garand!!! FYI, your Garand is a USGI Garand with and import mark...I would be interested in it, but I'm in SoCAL

bisonthecruiser
01-06-2008, 4:22 PM
Bump!

freshdesigns@hotmail.com
01-06-2008, 4:53 PM
What does the Century Arms Marking mean?

bisonthecruiser
01-06-2008, 5:48 PM
What does the Century Arms Marking mean?

From what I can gather it was imported back into the US by Century Arms. It is a Springfield Armory Receiver and an engraver was probably used to write Century Arms on the side. You may try another part on the forum for anything else about it (I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject of Garands)
All I can tell you is:

The gun has never jammed
It shoots all ammo flawlessly
Shoots pretty consistent groups with the iron sights

bisonthecruiser
01-08-2008, 5:39 PM
BTT. Offers, trades?

bisonthecruiser
01-11-2008, 7:57 PM
It goes bump!