PDA

View Full Version : Last round popping out of AR Magazine- Help!

supermag
01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Can I get some advice on this one?
On my Promag 10 round attached AR magazine I
noticed that the topmost round pops out, when the next to the last round was ejected, on a couple of occasions. A guy at the range says that this is caused due to the follower not being even. The bolt stays open on round 9 and the 10th round is just in there loose.
Any help would be appreciated. :cool2:

Prc329
01-02-2008, 10:15 AM
That is a common issue with promag mags. Some work great, some will do that. There is a write-up in the rifleman forum on how to replace the green follower in a promag with a magpul follower. Do that an IMHO they become the best mags on the market.

Edit:
Found it for ya.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=49390&

supermag
01-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks, I was actually just looking for it!
I appreciate your help!
-SuperMag

Gunsrruss
01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks, I was actually just looking for it!
I appreciate your help!
-SuperMag

You may find the spring is to tight. I have had the same problem with after market M1A 10 rd magazines. There I cut off a couple rungs and also changed the follower. The follower that came with them didn't have a stim on it to keep it flat.

Creeping Incrementalism
01-05-2008, 1:25 PM
Can I get some advice on this one?
On my Promag 10 round attached AR magazine I
noticed that the topmost round pops out, when the next to the last round was ejected, on a couple of occasions. A guy at the range says that this is caused due to the follower not being even. The bolt stays open on round 9 and the 10th round is just in there loose.
Any help would be appreciated. :cool2:

I saw this happen once on a plastic Mini-14 mag. I couldn't even keep the top round in the mag--the lips weren't strong enough.

I would avoid Pro-Mag. Too many of their magazines are garbage. I once went through something like 25 M1A mags, and every single one was defective in two different ways: total capacity, and the side walls would bulge out when filled as much as possible. Also, many had the feed lips at the wrong angle, which prevented the bolt from moving forward to chamber a cartridge.