PDA

View Full Version : waiting 10 days and 11 days

hawk81
12-31-2007, 7:47 PM
How come some gun stores make you wait 11 days to pick up a gun instead of 10 days?

M. Sage
12-31-2007, 7:50 PM
CYA is why.

Ech0Sierra
12-31-2007, 8:17 PM
11 days?! But I feel angry/suicidal RIGHT NOW!:6:

Fjold
12-31-2007, 8:27 PM
Because they are paranoid that one of their employees will screw up and give you your gun at 9 AM instead of waiting until 10 AM when your 10 days is really up.

hawk81
12-31-2007, 8:48 PM
Thanks for the input. Turners is really bad about this. Sometimes they make me wait 10 days and sometimes it's 11 days. I really can't stand the Riverside Turners. I have called their corporate office on them many times complaining about their poor customer service and stupid employees(or uninformed employees). I don't go to this store any longer.

Rust
12-31-2007, 9:22 PM
look at it from the stand point of 240 hrs. Most of the shops wanting that 11th day are just making sure they have that time period and a little to spare in case the papers don't go out the second you've signed them. CYA

CaliGunOwner
01-01-2008, 3:58 PM
Since you are really waiting 10 consecutive 24 hour periods, it's much easier to tell someone to come back in 11 days. I've seen dros' denied literally in the last hour before pick up...

RAD-CDPII
01-01-2008, 4:20 PM
It's not really 11 days, think of it more like 10 days and a wakeup.

JMB1911
01-01-2008, 5:39 PM
As already stated, ten 24 hours periods.

56Chevy
01-01-2008, 6:38 PM
City Arms in Pacifica has an electronic time/date stamp that they stamp on the DROS forms. It shows the exact pickup date/time. Their system is pretty foolproof.

vega
01-01-2008, 8:20 PM
Turner's Reseda gives you date and time for pick-up (ten 24 hr period), Big 5 makes you wait 11 days.

01-01-2008, 9:19 PM
I understand why some stores make you wait 11 days, but it doesn't mean that I like it.

CaliGunOwner
01-01-2008, 9:24 PM
From the POV of a shop delivering a gun, it's tough to explain to someone they're hours early & they have to come back. They add in their 3 hour drive from somewhere and the best you have is to shrug your shoulders. 11 days is just less problematic

586L-Frame
01-01-2008, 9:55 PM
Due to the holidays I have to wait 13 days before pick-up on 01-02-08
which is understandable.
DRos'd on 12-20-07.

586L-Frame

tenpercentfirearms
01-02-2008, 8:09 AM
I will never understand why ten 24 hour periods is hard to understand. Even in the odd chance a dealer does deliver early, you just "fix" it on your paperwork. If a customer gets it wrong and shows up early that morning and they can't pick up until later that afternoon, I get everything ready and just tell them to come back. They walk in and walk out.

I tell every customer when they can come back by the exact time. For example, if you came in right now I simply say, "You can pick your gun up on January 12 at 8 AM. However, we are closed on Saturday, so come in anytime on Sunday the 13th. We open at noon and close at 4 PM. We will be closed the 13th through the 15th, so don't come in then. Thanks and have a nice day."

Not hard.

ocabj
01-02-2008, 8:28 AM
Thanks for the input. Turners is really bad about this. Sometimes they make me wait 10 days and sometimes it's 11 days. I really can't stand the Riverside Turners. I have called their corporate office on them many times complaining about their poor customer service and stupid employees(or uninformed employees). I don't go to this store any longer.

I have the opposite opinion of Turner's Outdoorsman of Riverside. They've always given me good service. They've never given me the 11 day rule except a couple times I've purchased a gun on a Thursday evening and the 10th day which would be a Sunday they are closed at 1800 hours.

The worst Turner's I've been to is the San Bernardino location. I stopped going there in 2003. I hardly ever walk into a retail shop for shooting related items, but I will never ever go to Turner's SB again.

ar15barrels
01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I just bought a 243 bull barreled Remington 700 at Turners Pasadena and they gave me a pickup time that's 240 hours after my DROS submission time.

bruss01
01-02-2008, 3:57 PM
Ten day wait = ten days of waiting, followed by one day of GETTING = you have your gun in 11 days.

Now really, what would you have shot on that last day anyway that you could not have shot with one of the guns you already own? I know ANY wait at all really SUCKS, but is there really that much difference between 10 and 11? Not a big deal to me, at least. It takes me months to pick out a new gun, save up for it, then find it somewhere, then more time to make the payment and wait for shipping to my FFL - one more lousy day? Not going to be all that important to me by that time.

Shane916
01-02-2008, 4:03 PM
Ten day wait = ten days of waiting, followed by one day of GETTING = you have your gun in 11 days.

Now really, what would you have shot on that last day anyway that you could not have shot with one of the guns you already own? I know ANY wait at all really SUCKS, but is there really that much difference between 10 and 11? Not a big deal to me, at least. It takes me months to pick out a new gun, save up for it, then find it somewhere, then more time to make the payment and wait for shipping to my FFL - one more lousy day? Not going to be all that important to me by that time.

I wish all customers were as understanding as you :)

As much as I hate the policy I get harassed quite often about our corporate policy of the 11 day waiting period.

retired
01-02-2008, 4:17 PM
Hey Hawk, you don't have to worry about the Turner's in Riverside; it is closed forever........they moved to a new loc in Corona right off McKinley.:D

I haven't had any problem at the Riverside store re picking it up on time. They have always made sure to show me on the paperwork where it is written when I can pick it up. They have always been very helpful and the mgr. is great. No, I don't work there.

The only negative experience was when I bought a Ruger MK III. When I went to pick it up, no one there knew how to break it down and reassemble it so I would know how to do it. The mgr. wasn't there, otherwise I know he would have. I had to go to an independent shop where I now live and their smith showed me. Other than that, I recommend them.

hawk81
01-02-2008, 4:34 PM
It's been about 8 months since I've been to that store. Maybe they have new employees there now. The guy I talked to in their corporate office did say they were going to be making some changes in that store. Maybe I'll go back in there and check them out.:)

retired
01-02-2008, 7:34 PM
Go to their website to get the new address. If you are driving w/b on the 91 from Pierce, get off at the first McKinley offramp, like you are going to Costco.

It is in the center that is located on your right as you drive down the off ramp. There is a JoAnnes Fabric store and an El Torrito in the center.

Maddog, a member here, works there and has always been helpful to me.

quagmiles
01-02-2008, 8:44 PM
City Arms in Pacifica has an electronic time/date stamp that they stamp on the DROS forms. It shows the exact pickup date/time. Their system is pretty foolproof.

Yeah, city arms is on the ball. Good prices too.