PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith in Sacramento??

spdlinegsr28
12-30-2007, 7:46 PM
Hi All,

Anyone know of an affordable gunsmith inthe Sacramento area?

Thanks,
Spdlinegsr28

SAMoody
12-30-2007, 9:08 PM
487-6367 Auburn and Watt behind the former "Great Guns" then former "Great Outdoors"

Not sure of pricing... is going to charge $65.00 to recrown rifle barrel if I ever make it back there.

robairto
12-30-2007, 9:14 PM
Craig Maraviov. quality work; reasonable turn around;;; Just my .02 but J&G in Roseville stinks. They botched multiple jobs and sub out their work sometimes. Strike 3 with me and they were done.

1SGMAT
12-31-2007, 7:52 AM
I will second the statement on J&G. They suck bad. Often they send their stuff out to the gunsmith school in Susanville for students to work on. This is what I found out after they botched the second job I gave them and then they refused to make it right and just said they would make it work.

Pulsar
12-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Ahem, as a gunsmith (one of three) who works at J&G, I can tell you we don't send work to students up at the Susanville college, we send work to one of the instructors at the college who worked at J&G for 6 years, and those guns are almost always ones that the customer asked to have sent to him personally.

And the only work we send out anymore is bluing jobs. We just don't have the time, three of use pumping out 8-14 guns a day each and we can barely keep up with the work load.

I'll admit I've only been working here for 9 months, and I don't know how things were before I was working here, but our return rate has been pretty low since I've been working here.

spdlinegsr28
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for everyones input....

cactus
12-31-2007, 4:05 PM
I have had J&G do quite a few projects for me over the years and never once was I disapionted. In my experience they have always done a better job than expected. As for the school out in lassen have you gone there? Its one of the few gunsmith schools in the country and its awsome. Im taking some classes there this summer and have attended school there in the past. If I had known, I could ask for them to do my work I would have asked it to be sent there. The instructors have hundreds if not thousands of hours in there craft and they are true craftsman.

uscbigdawg
12-31-2007, 5:55 PM
Craig is awesome. He's a true gunsmith (in that he can work on probably everything). He's an AWESOME rifle builder and has decent prices with quick turn arounds. He's in (or just out of) Woodland.

Rich

Vu 308
01-01-2008, 5:53 PM
I have never sent work to J&G but they did take care of my buddy's Shawn 308 when he had issues with it.

1911whore
01-03-2008, 3:11 PM
i do work. Pm jeffrice6 or Ghost on here and they can tell you of my work and J&G s craftsmanship.

spdlinegsr28
01-16-2008, 3:58 PM
Craig is awesome. He's a true gunsmith (in that he can work on probably everything). He's an AWESOME rifle builder and has decent prices with quick turn arounds. He's in (or just out of) Woodland.

Rich

Do you have a phone # for him??

supersonic
01-18-2008, 7:36 PM
Craig IS absolutely awesome & a great guy. He's in Woodland (about 1/2 hr-40 min. N.W. of Sac.) BTW, what service (s) do you need?