PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when's the next gun buyback event?

TurboFall
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I've got an M44 that's no longer fit for firing, and would cost more to fix than what I got it for. It whispered to me before croaking that it'd love to turn into a $200 gift card :D

Does anyone know when the next gun buyback event will happen in the Oakland/SF area?

gotgunz
12-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I sure hope that I can find out with enough advanced notice so I can park in the lot with a big sign saying: "We pay cash for legal guns!" like I did once in Richmond about 15 years ago....

cnyankee
12-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I sure hope that I can find out with enough advanced notice so I can park in the lot with a big sign saying: "We pay cash for legal guns!" like I did once in Richmond about 15 years ago....

+1 on that. id join you but we would need a ffl to be there so it would be legal. the deals we could get boggles the mind:D

metalhead357
12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Oh PLEASE dont go encouraging the Bastards....all they will do is take that gun and use it as propaganda against us all.

What's the problem with it? Maybe somebody here can help. Maybe somebody could use it as parts...... just please dont give it to the gungrabbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.22guy
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM

How did that go? I've always wanted to do that.

gotgunz
12-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Let me tell you that was some of the most fun I have ever had... it was at the Lucky's grocery store on San Pablo Ave near the El Cerrito border.

There was a church group involved and they were PISSED!... I bought about 8 guns that day (as I recall) and all I did was offer cold hard cash rather than gift certs that were being offered by the church group.

I did turn down several junkers and some others from "questionable" people. This was prior to the law for FFL transfers through private parties though.
I would do it again in a heartbeat just to jab the gun grabbers. Just have to have an FFL nearby...
In fact once I have my FFL (not soon enough :rolleyes:) I will definately look into doing it again!

Moonclip
12-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Don't expect $200 gift card. It will more likely be $50 or if you are lucky, $100.

Quiet
12-29-2007, 9:58 AM
Most of the time they are for $50 gift cards at a retail chain store (like Footlocker).

Got a bunch of non-functional BB guns and airsoft, I like to off load during those buybacks.

Spiggy
12-29-2007, 10:26 AM
sack it for parts

:P there are a bunch of us here on calguns that'll buy them