PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find A Good Gun Show Somewhere!

thefifthspeed
12-24-2007, 9:21 AM
I've got a 6 week break from college and need to find a great gun show somewhere. I'm even willing to travel to Nevada/Arizona to find a place that actually has quality stuff. I see the Big Reno Gun show has passed and I hear shows like cross roads of the west peddle junk. Here are my specifics:
I've got about 3,000 to blow on just firearms. I'm a big C&R guy and have my 03. I'm looking for rarers stuff like 1941 Johnson, SVT 40, G43, Broomhandles, Lugers, etc... and am also interested in a M1A scout. I see there are a few shows in Las Vegas and I'm not sure if they are any good. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Also if I bring copies of my 03 would there be any problems transferring old long guns? And I assume if i were to buy across state lines any newer long gun or pistol would have to be shipped in to a 01 business.
Thanks

redneckshootist
12-24-2007, 9:30 AM
http://www.gunshows-usa.com/

Corbin Dallas
12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
The Phoenix ice house show is usually extremely large with TONS of quality stuff. Yes, it's run by crossroads, but the vendors are not like your typical cali-attitude variety.

m24armorer
12-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Tulsa, OK. The big one!

fast318
12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I think your best bet would be on-line for the items you described. I was at the Phoenix show earlier this year and didn't notice accessories to be any cheaper than on-line sales.

thefifthspeed
12-24-2007, 1:34 PM
I think your best bet would be on-line for the items you described. I was at the Phoenix show earlier this year and didn't notice accessories to be any cheaper than on-line sales.

I'm done with online except CMP. The last private sale I went through ended with me getting a $2,000 rifle damaged by USPS. I then try to reclaim some loses through insurance and they send me a letter telling me I have no right to have a rifle shipped to me so they won't cover it. Long story short after 2 months I only get a small, small fraction of the cost back from them.

Anyways anyone have any thing to say about:http://www.lasvegasgunshow.com/?

dfletcher
12-24-2007, 2:21 PM
The Gun Dealer magazine lists all the gun shows - pick up a copy or they may also list online.

J_Rock
12-24-2007, 8:48 PM
good gun show? isnt that an oxymoron? :rolleyes:

unless you really like beef jerky then all gun shows are good

thefifthspeed
12-25-2007, 1:54 AM
I think I'm set on going to vegas so does anyone have any pointers of possible shows or shops that I should look out for? I'm in Nor Cal right now so AZ is a bit far even for guns plus I'm due for a vegas trip.

Boomer1961
12-25-2007, 12:43 PM
The Big Reno show is the only ol' style gun show I know of.

Lots of private sellers wondering about with little treasures.

Lots of dealers from throughout the US you don't usually see in CA.

Can I ask how does a student get so much money to have a broken $2000 gun and another $3000 to burn.

I want to go to school where you go. I loved college, just that it did not pay well, and the best part were all the young ladies out on their own for the first time and doing their own thing getting wild and freaky.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

:party: :jump:

:jump: :party:

:party: :jump:

mothergreen
12-25-2007, 6:05 PM
I say vegas gun show. if you don't find anything you like.. you can always make a trip to the machine gun store and waste away that money you would have been schiestered out of.

thefifthspeed
12-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Can I ask how does a student get so much money to have a broken $2000 gun and another $3000 to burn.

The broken $2000 gun was when I lived at home, worked, and didn't have expenses. The $3000 is from a combo of fantasy football winning and a vegas prop bet I placed and won (bet $940 on Colts season wins over 11.5+160 Paid $2444). I've got about 32-3300 in all to play with. Since the money came up unexpected I thought of adding to my collection since we all know buying guns is just as good as a savings account. My college is paid for with scholarships so I'm not blowing my schooling on guns

It appears the vegasgunshow is the place i've settled on. I guess since I have to cash the ticket it makes sense to go there anyway. Also looking at their site their rules seem to push junk vendors from selling there but we'll see.

Thanks for all of you who've helped me out.