PDA

View Full Version : Help with fitting the magazine!

Wyseguy
12-22-2007, 6:08 PM
Alright, I'm really having trouble with this problem. I nicely fitted the magazine with the trigger guard on, and the trunnion off. The minute I put the front trunnion on, the front well of the magazine won't attach on to the receiver, as it appears that the trunnion is in the way. That's not the only problem, as the magazine no longer properly fits lenghtwise inside the hole after the trunnion is is place. To me, it looks as if the front trunnion is too far backward. The only two ways I can think of to rectify the problem is to either 1) grind off some of the trunnion (perhaps not a good thing) or 2) elongate the receiver holes to move the trunnion forward, but that would make the trunnion stick out of the front of the receiver.
Will one of those solutions work? Is there a third solution?

Sandmann
12-23-2007, 1:29 PM
Stupid questions? Maybe.....:rolleyes:

Whats the firearm? Trunnion?

Redchevyman
12-23-2007, 1:33 PM
Remove the trigger guard and egg the four front holes of the trigger guard.

thedrickel
12-23-2007, 4:03 PM
So you put the mag beak in the trunnion first, rock the back of the mag up, and it doesn't lock?

What kind of receiver? Screw build or rivets? How far back is the trunnion from the front of the receiver?

Depending on a bunch of variables, I would probably dremel the back of the mag well/selector stop plate. Unless you are WAY short.

wayoutwest
12-23-2007, 7:46 PM
What kind of kit, what kind of receiver

I wouldnt touch the trunion yet. Are the lower rails to low and block the mag from seating properly (assuming it is a homebuilt receiver). If I were to remove material it would be from the back on the magwell, selector stop or mag release.