PDA

View Full Version : tapco t6 stock question

acolytes
12-22-2007, 6:37 PM
Hi guys, I was thinking about putting the Tapco t6 stock on my girlfriends Ruger 10/22. i know these stocks aren't legal on a real rifle like a mini 30 or whatnot, because it has a pistol grip and collapsible stock. Is it ok to put on a .22 lr though? Im not too keen about the laws on the .22's. I've been out of the gun scene for a long time, and my guns just sat in a safe for about 10 years, but now I got the itch again and want to do some mods, but all these freakin bans!!

Fjold
12-22-2007, 6:40 PM
Go crazy with it, rimfire rifles are not under the assault weapons laws

Jaiofspam
12-22-2007, 6:40 PM
im not sure... but i dont think all the rules apply to rimfire rifles :confused:

so it may be a greenlight :)

acolytes
12-22-2007, 6:45 PM
Go crazy with it, rimfire rifles are not under the assault weapons laws

Sweet! So If it's not a no-no I will be putting that stock on her gun. I still gotta keep the 10 round mag for it either way right? No hi cap mags even though its a .22?

Lon Moer
12-22-2007, 6:59 PM
No "new" high cap mags, unless she's had those 'forever'. ;)

acolytes
12-22-2007, 7:06 PM
No "new" high cap mags, unless she's had those 'forever'. ;)

lol oh she's had those hi cap mags BEFORE the ban;) Thanks for the info guys. Ive been lurking this forum for a while and decided to sign up because like I said I've been out of the guns scene for a long time and now that I'm getting back into it. You guys have given me a lot of good info on the new bans.