PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 500 Persuader upgrades

natedogg1777
12-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I just picked one up from Big5 and wanted to know who you guys are buying your aftermarket parts from? I know I want to get night sights, and possibly change the stock...are there any other "small" things that you guys would recommend to beef up the quality? thanks,

RobG
12-22-2007, 11:09 AM
If it is for HD, a light is a must. Thats all I did to mine and can't really think of anything else. Other than a bunch of ammo.

natedogg1777
12-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes, it is for HD as is the rest of my slowly growing arsenal! I am thinking ghost ring sights, which I know I can get directly from Mossberg, but what about any aftermarket ghost rings?

rue
12-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I did the same thing, I'm getting the recoil reducing stock/6 position stock from Knoxx Spec Ops and a side saddle to hold more ammo. Maybe a light but I'm still not sure. I don't need to see anyone to hit them in a hallway with a shotgun blast. The ghost rings are pretty nice but I'm passing because I doubt I'll ever need them in my house. My 500 is strictly for close quarters HD.

Pugster
12-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I am getting an ATI pistol/buttstock from MidwayUSA.

magsnubby
12-26-2007, 5:07 PM
These guys have a good selection of stocks:

http://www.combatstocks.com/

I just got this one:

http://www.combatstocks.com/ATI_Mossberg_500_Side_Folding_stock.cfm

ajl2121
12-26-2007, 5:50 PM
I just had a heat shield and a new stock...maybe more for appearance than practicality, but the heat shield doesn't add a substantial amount of dimension or weight. I also had the Advanced Tech. top folding stock. It was fun to shoot w/ just the pistol grip, because the gun looked bad-*** with the stock folded up, but after 25 rounds or so, the stock helps reduce the recoil. Also, it was good to be able to reduce the length of the weapon by about a foot or so. I sold the shotgun with the original stock and the heatshield, and have the aftermarket stock sitting in my drawer if you are interested.