PDA

View Full Version : Why some vendors won't ship to CA?

ARRRR-15
12-22-2007, 9:28 AM
Will all know vendors that will not ship legal items to CA for some reason. Is there any recorded court cases where a certain vendor has been sued? Or do they just not want to risk getting sued?

tenpercentfirearms
12-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Risk. Plus there is no risk and you make the same amount of money if you just have the middle man dealers do it. Guys with product in demand gain nothing by shipping direct to us because we will do what it takes to get them anyway.

PonchoTA
12-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I don't get this either. Ammo not for certain counties, LEGAL 10-round mags NOT FOR SALE in Kali, etc. What the hell is the deal here???

This is starting to suck worse and worse. Am I going to have to start sending LEGAL stuff to NM to my dad's, and have him send it on to me, doubling the shipping costs now? Depending on the items, that might nullify any benefit to buying ANYTHING anymore. :mad:

Dammit.

FEDUPWBS
12-22-2007, 11:16 AM
See this thread on the subject good reading. Titled "screw classic arms"
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31443

FEDUPWBS
12-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I don't get this either. Ammo not for certain counties, LEGAL 10-round mags NOT FOR SALE in Kali, etc. What the hell is the deal here???

This is starting to suck worse and worse. Am I going to have to start sending LEGAL stuff to NM to my dad's, and have him send it on to me, doubling the shipping costs now? Depending on the items, that might nullify any benefit to buying ANYTHING anymore. :mad:

Dammit.

We need to start a sticky on Ca. friendly vendors! MODS can you hear me??

PonchoTA
12-22-2007, 11:39 AM
That's a really good idea! Maybe break down by region (for local sales) too?

Overall, I would like to have a list of known vendors that I can always depend on, company X or Y, to send stuff to my house (or my FFL of choice depending on item) because they already know that it's legal to do so.

Blue
12-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Look at the site sponsors on the top of the page :D

Maybe we should have an UNfriendly thread going so we know who not to support.

Fjold
12-22-2007, 12:47 PM
There are a higher percentage of ignorant people (and people who probably rode the short bus to school, at least until they quit in the 8th grade) posting on the AKFiles board.

BillCA
12-22-2007, 3:40 PM

Maybe we should have an UNfriendly thread going so we know who not to support.

Who's a friend and who's a foe? Are you sure it's that easy to tell just based upon their policies?

Ronnie Barrett of Barrett Firearms has told the LAPD and other agencies in CA that he will not service their Barrett firearms because CA wants him out of business.

Several custom handgun makers have said they will no longer ship to CA due to the various hoops they have to jump through.

Are these our friends or foes? I'd suggest that they are friends. If we could convince S&W, Springfield, Glock, Remington, Mossberg, Savage, Sig, H&K, Ruger, et al to stop paying extortion money for CA regulations, then there would be a deFacto ban in place, thus prohibiting your ability to exercise a constitutional right (I'm banking that DC v. Heller will go our way). Many of CA's laws would become void as unconstitutional.

- CA engages in extortion to force unnecessary engineering changes on guns sold in CA.
- CA engages in restraint of trade in neighboring states by threatening dealers for legally selling legal products to CA residents.
- CA denies your free exercise of your 2A right to acquire a gun when you want it. (1-per-month law)
- CA denies the free exercise of your 2A rights for 240 hours. Courts have held that a right delayed, is a right denied.
- CA prohibits possession of constitutionally-protected "militia arms".
- CA prohibits possessing magazines for "militia arms" that are used by soldiers, in contravention the the 2A and the Militia Act.
- CA prohibits possessing arms that will accept a bayonet in contravention of the 2A and Militia Act.
- CA limits your right to "keep" your arms by requiring them to be locked away.
- CA nearly prohibits your right to "bear" by limiting your movements with an "assault weapon" and by limiting your travel with a handgun.

In short, CA does not understand any part of the word infringed.

BaronW
12-23-2007, 12:59 AM
- CA prohibits possessing arms that will accept a bayonet in contravention of the 2A and Militia Act.

I agree with you overall, but I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on bayonet lugs on weapons.

BillCA
12-23-2007, 1:11 AM
I agree with you overall, but I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on bayonet lugs on weapons.

IIRC that's one of the key elements in defining a California "assault weapon"...along with a flash-hider, detachable magazine and the "protruding pistol grip".

oaklander
12-23-2007, 2:26 AM
IIRC that's one of the key elements in defining a California "assault weapon"...along with a flash-hider, detachable magazine and the "protruding pistol grip".

No - the bayo lug thing was part of the FEDERAL AWB that expired in '04.

No issues with bayo lugs in Cali.

M. Sage
12-23-2007, 5:52 AM
There is also no requirement to store your guns locked up. Only a requirement to keep them out of kids' hands (burglars who are minors excluded.)

Shooters Plus
12-23-2007, 8:49 AM
Wow, I was not aware there were vendors who would refuse to ship "legal" firearm products to CA. We have never had a problem shipping legal items to CA and will continue to do so.

Zack Phillips
Shooters Plus

PonchoTA
12-23-2007, 9:26 AM
Wow, I was not aware there were vendors who would refuse to ship "legal" firearm products to CA. We have never had a problem shipping legal items to CA and will continue to do so.

Zack Phillips
Shooters Plus
Thanks Zack for your support! It is those like you that I for one will continue to buy from and support with my wallet!

:thumbsup: :rockon:

AlohaRover
12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Also just wanted to say that we also ship to CA. if your FFL will receive we will send. If it's not a 4473 type item then we will send direct to you.

Pete

PonchoTA
12-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Also just wanted to say that we also ship to CA. if your FFL will receive we will send. If it's not a 4473 type item then we will send direct to you.

Pete

Thank you too Pete! Have your site bookmarked, and may be calling you about some stuff! :D

jumbopanda
12-23-2007, 2:40 PM
See this thread on the subject good reading. Titled "screw classic arms"
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31443

Yea I go to AKfiles every once in a while and since reading that thread I've really lost respect for some of those guys. :hammer::pinch:

proraptor
12-23-2007, 3:11 PM
These are the vendors that will never get my money even if they do decide to start shipping here