View Full Version : SKS - How to Get Longer Pull to Stock w/o 922r Complications

12-21-2007, 2:59 PM
I am now the happy owner of a Chinese 'jungle carbine' SKS with the orange fibreglas stock.

However, I'm a lot larger than the average NVA regular, so the pull of the stock is much too short for me.

A recoil pad from milsurp adds about an inch, and that's a step in the right direction. But at 6'2" with a 35" sleeve length, that still leaves some distance to fill.

I've seen a picture of an extension made to fit into the tool channel in the butt of the existing stock. It seemed to be hinged to store in a flattened configuration.

Does anyone have any experience at solving this problem with going Full Bubba with a Tasco T6 and Compliance Kit? Does anyone have prints or plans for a solution?

12-21-2007, 3:32 PM
I have seen a semi-bubba job, owner actually take it to someone to get a piece of wood added to the end of the stock, re-shape it and finish, then attache the steel plate back to adjust the length of pull. Not sure if this bubba job can be considered as 922(r) violation, but it sure looks interesting and does not seriously alter the look of the SKS itself.

12-21-2007, 4:21 PM
Thanks - since the existing stock is fibreglas, I suppose I could try something similar with a foam-composite structure.

Any other ideas or experiences?

12-21-2007, 4:43 PM
new stock

butler creek makes a nice one.

12-22-2007, 11:46 AM
you could try something like this...I cant find my link to the screw on ones-- this one pictured is slip on.

12-22-2007, 11:48 AM
ah here it is. the one above adds 1 inch...so does this one. This one is screw on.