What Just Happened?
12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Wish you were down in So Cal :(

1bolt
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
PM sent, I am in the East Bay.

Boomer1961
12-21-2007, 2:17 PM
I got a case of 9mm Egyptian surplus. 4500 rds, I was told they are submachine gun rounds. Case is unopened, still sealed nice and tight. PM me if your interested. Will deliver to sacramento area.

After the first of the year, will drop off to anyone off the 80 corridor down to SF.

SPF - Ohsmily

How much did the sell for, it sold rather quick?

dychen
12-21-2007, 3:48 PM
Back up for sell, buyer backed out.

A-Ron
12-21-2007, 4:26 PM
Tempting to buy the ammo even though I don't ave a 9mm firearm.

sargenv
12-21-2007, 4:30 PM
What a great reason to buy one though :)

I collected about 1000 32 S&W long brass out of buckets of range brass. Eventually and before the drop test list, I picked up a nice little model 31-2 in 32 S&W long. Fun lil gun to shoot and cheap now that I already have the brass.

rivviepop
12-21-2007, 4:38 PM
I'm interested but have read in two places (just now) that 9mm sub ammo is *sometimes* loaded really hot and may damage a handgun. In theory it's possibly marked differently, but not always. Are there any markings on the can that we can Google on to get more info? I'm of course a little concerned about running it through my gear (pistols).

Here's one of the links I found:
http://www.savvysurvivor.com/supplementary/x_submachinegun.htm

"9mm parabellum is by far the most popular caliber for these weapons. Since submachineguns are designed to handle full auto fire, they tend to be more robust and "beefier" than pistols. That has led to the development of powerful 9mm ammo that may be unsafe for some handguns but offers better power and reliability with submachineguns and pistol caliber carbines. This high power ammo is usually packaged or marked differently than pistol ammo but sometimes it is not. Israeli submachinegun ammo usually has bullets with the tips painted black to designate it as possibly unsafe for use in handguns. Egyptian surplus submachinegun ammo is only marked differently on the shipping cartons which are commonly discarded by dealers and distributors."

If you could maybe give us some info off the can or whatever, that would be cool.

Blue
12-21-2007, 5:06 PM
Oh man I'd love to buy this for my 9mm AR :43:

Too bad I've blown a ton of money already this month on gun stuff. Call me selfish but I hate the holidays :p

Blue
12-21-2007, 5:08 PM
I'm interested but have read in two places (just now) that 9mm sub ammo is *sometimes* loaded really hot and may damage a handgun. In theory it's possibly marked differently, but not always. Are there any markings on the can that we can Google on to get more info? I'm of course a little concerned about running it through my gear (pistols).

Here's one of the links I found:
http://www.savvysurvivor.com/supplementary/x_submachinegun.htm

"9mm parabellum is by far the most popular caliber for these weapons. Since submachineguns are designed to handle full auto fire, they tend to be more robust and "beefier" than pistols. That has led to the development of powerful 9mm ammo that may be unsafe for some handguns but offers better power and reliability with submachineguns and pistol caliber carbines. This high power ammo is usually packaged or marked differently than pistol ammo but sometimes it is not. Israeli submachinegun ammo usually has bullets with the tips painted black to designate it as possibly unsafe for use in handguns. Egyptian surplus submachinegun ammo is only marked differently on the shipping cartons which are commonly discarded by dealers and distributors."

If you could maybe give us some info off the can or whatever, that would be cool.

I've also heard that some subgun 9mm has harder primers that pistols might have a hard time setting off. Man at less than $100 per thousand I'm feeling crazy for passing this up.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
12-21-2007, 5:37 PM
Anybody want to split? or thirds? PM me.

Boomer1961
12-21-2007, 6:38 PM
Anybody want to split? or thirds? PM me.

Yes,

I can do thirds ($133), but would prefer fourths ($100) if we get more interest.

Am 40 minutes from Antioch on I-80 in eastbay and would want to split the drive like concord range.

Anyone else game?

derek@thepackingrat.net
12-21-2007, 6:40 PM
I'm game. I'm located in Elk Grove.

duenor
12-21-2007, 6:43 PM
if this is non-magnetic I will take it and pay for S&H via UPS (within reason).

rg_1111@yahoo.com
12-21-2007, 6:58 PM
Looks like i will take the 9MM. Give me a pm Please.

Boomer1961
12-21-2007, 7:18 PM
rg

If I am one of the lucky ones included in this deal you are working, then I look forward to hearing from you.

Great idea asking to work group buy, if it was not for christmas I might have been interested in it all but the kids would have had to do without christmas presents.:D

mur
12-21-2007, 7:22 PM
I'll take anything that is Left,
I'll be in Pollock pines on the 30th and can pick up at your door:)

Blue
12-21-2007, 7:27 PM
What a deal...what a deal...

Franksremote
12-21-2007, 7:29 PM
What a great reason to buy one though :)

I collected about 1000 32 S&W long brass out of buckets of range brass. Eventually and before the drop test list, I picked up a nice little model 31-2 in 32 S&W long. Fun lil gun to shoot and cheap now that I already have the brass.

IIRC this is Bierdan primed brass and unreloadable. The 9mm stuff, not your 32 S&W...

EKIM
12-21-2007, 8:07 PM
Rg count me in too for the split, you know I'm legit. Im not sure about counting the rounds out though :TFH:

FEDUPWBS
12-21-2007, 8:49 PM
I will take it all at asking price thanks.

Boomer1961
12-22-2007, 10:41 PM
I will take it all at asking price thanks.

I bet you would...

....move along everyone, there is nothing here to see.....move along....move along......got back home, ....there is nothing going on here worth your time....

move along....

move along....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

EKIM
12-23-2007, 1:28 AM
So who's the winner?

RangemasterP226
12-23-2007, 11:23 AM
So is this stuff sold or not? Do I need to find some funds?

Boomer1961
12-23-2007, 4:26 PM
Seller should update thread.

Hopefully he will pick in order received confirmation of I'll take it.

.....and let us know the lucky winner.

Least ya can do considering we are all devoting time to purchase this item from you and especially since it is christmas and you are suppose to be doubly nice else no visit from Santa Clause.

dychen
12-23-2007, 9:18 PM
This is still for sale. First person to bring me the money or meet me somewhere down in the sacramento area will get it.

I wont be going down to SF tell Jan 2nd, when I do go down that way someone would have to meet me off the i80 corridor. I'm not going to make a special trip to deliver this, especially at this price.

tlillard23
12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
FYI: if this is the same stuff I have (see old posts) it is NOT VERY HOT. Fires with less felt recoil than WWB (as determined by my calibrated "arse meter", not the best meter but...) Don't know if it is corrosive or not

Moonclip
12-23-2007, 11:54 PM
It's generally considered very corrosive. No big deal in the right firearm and if you clean it properly and promptly. I'd obviously not fire it in a HK P7, a Ruger P89 in stainless would be ideal.