PDA

View Full Version : Found a New Gunshop!!! Corona, CA

Bongos
12-20-2007, 6:46 PM
"Annie Get's your gun" gunshop in Corona, nice people and nice shop. Prices are pretty reasonable, saw a 4" Nickle Colt Python in mint condition for $1099 and a Glock 24C for $550.. good selection too, had Wilson Combat as well as others at reasonable prices... I had to find a half way place between OC and Riverside and came across them, very professional and PPT took only 20 minutes...

advantage1one
12-20-2007, 7:22 PM
Thanks for the info...where are they located?

REDHORSE
12-20-2007, 9:00 PM
FYI: the Riverside Turners Outdoorsman store is moving to Corona at the end of this month.

ke6guj
12-20-2007, 9:12 PM
Thanks for the info...where are they located?

I heard that Anne's is the old Dave's gun shop. In the 90's, Dave's was on 6th near Main, IIRC. It's been years since I've been there, so it may have moved.

Slowshooter
12-20-2007, 9:26 PM
I thought the (future) owner was joking when he said he would name the shop in honor of his wife. The owner used to work at Centerfire Firearms in Riverside. Great gentleman. Might drop by sometime. I believe he bought someone's shop.

1338 W. 6th street
Corona, CA
(951)737-0904

Right south of 91 freeway.

CavTrooper
12-20-2007, 9:36 PM
I drive past that shop almost everyday, even stopped and went in once. He had some nice guns, all six of them. ;)

Joking.

The guy behind the counter was nice, just not a huge selection, hope he picks it up some soon.

ar15barrels
12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
I heard that Anne's is the old Dave's gun shop.

That's what it said in my WEGC newsletter when I saw the ad.

ar15barrels
12-20-2007, 11:35 PM
The owner used to work at Centerfire Firearms in Riverside.
Great gentleman. Might drop by sometime. I believe he bought someone's shop.

Who is the new owner?
I know everybody that's worked at centerfire for about the last 10 years.
Centerfire is my shop of choice for decent deals on used guns.

retired
12-21-2007, 12:07 AM
It is the Old Dave's Gun shop. I spoke to someone there about 2 weeks ago when trying to find out where the Corona Sportsmen's Range was and he told me it was.

I don't know who I spoke with, but he was very friendly.

AnniesGetYourGun
12-21-2007, 8:45 AM
Hi, folks. I'm Jerry. My wife, Anne, and I own Annie's Get Your Gun.

I met Bongos yesterday when he and another gentleman came in for a PPT. He's a very nice guy who talked up Calguns with enthusiasm.

Anne and I have had the store for about eight months. Yes, I was working at Centerfire Firearms for five and a half years before we bought the old Dave's Guns and Ammo. Dave's was sparsely inventoried, but I've been working hard to expand my selection and now have what I believe to be a well-rounded and varied choice of new and used guns.

Sorry, the Python is gone.

I don't know what the etiquette is in this site about promoting commercial interests, so I'll close by saying that if you're interested, please call us at (951) 737-0904 or email us at anniesgetyourgun@sbcglobal.net. I look forward to lurking here often and to posting on those few occasions when I have something of value to contribute.

Oh, hi, Randall.

VeryCoolCat
12-21-2007, 8:55 AM
THAT IS A SHAMELESS PLUG! :mad:

Hehehe... all kidding aside... what a horrible thing to do... name a shop after your wife. Thats very degrading. The poor store. :p

I'm too far from the 909/951 area so don't expect me there anytime soon.

ibanezfoo
12-21-2007, 9:21 AM
Is this shop in the older wooden buildings, up past the Sears outlet store and Fender museum? On the left side of the road if you are traveling away from the 91?

-Bryan

ivanimal
12-21-2007, 9:53 AM
Welcome to the forum I hope it is mutually beneficial.

ar15barrels
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM

Yes, I was working at Centerfire Firearms for five and a half years before we bought the old Dave's Guns and Ammo.

Oh, hi, Randall.

If this is the Jerry that I think it is, he's a good guy.
Anyone in the area would do well to frequent his establishment.

I feel that Centerfire has gone downhill since Richard and Jerry left.
I guess there's not enough room in that shop for two Jerrys. ;)
It's good to see that you have your own place now.
I'll be visiting.

Now find Richard!

Hopi
12-21-2007, 11:15 AM

I met Bongos yesterday when he and another gentleman came in for a PPT. He's a very nice guy who talked up Calguns with enthusiasm.

Anne and I have had the store for about eight months. Yes, I was working at Centerfire Firearms for five and a half years before we bought the old Dave's Guns and Ammo. Dave's was sparsely inventoried, but I've been working hard to expand my selection and now have what I believe to be a well-rounded and varied choice of new and used guns.

I don't know what the etiquette is in this site about promoting commercial interests, so I'll close by saying that if you're interested, please call us at (951) 737-0904 or email us at anniesgetyourgun@sbcglobal.net. I look forward to lurking here often and to posting on those few occasions when I have something of value to contribute.

Oh, hi, Randall.

Welcome to the forum!!

Black Majik
12-21-2007, 11:33 AM

Oh, hi, Randall.

I think it's great having gunshop employees on this forum. Welcome!

Mac
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM

Mac
12-21-2007, 1:52 PM

Slowshooter
12-21-2007, 9:58 PM
Stopped by today. Good to see a shop owned by someone like Jerry.

It is the old shop owned by Dave, but I'd say the inventory is pretty decent. There is a little bit of everything, including some reloading equipments.

For those of you who are driving there for the first time, it is on the south side of the street, close to CVS pharmacy/Bank of America ATM. The store has steel bars outside and there is a sign in front. If you are west of Arby's you are on the wrong side.

As for OLL, Jerry is thinking about it. (Centerfire doesn't do OLLs, but Bright Spot Pawn in Jurupa/Riverside does).

The transfer fee is $70+DROS, but if you can identify/verify that you are a Calguns member, he will knock it down to $50+DROS.

Mac
12-22-2007, 12:06 AM

Maddog5150
12-22-2007, 12:11 AM
I bought my first rifle on my own back when it was daves. Jerry is a great guy and has great customer service. Once in a while my father and I will get a phone call from him for guns we've been looking for. :D

AnniesGetYourGun
12-22-2007, 8:22 AM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I haven't played the OLL game yet, but there has been an increasing demand for them, so I'm considering it seriously now.

As Slowshooter said, if you identify yourself as a Calguns member, I'll do an FFL transfer for $50.00 plus DROS. It's normally $75.00 pLus DROS.

Bongos
12-22-2007, 6:44 PM
Tht's great Jerry, there is a deffinite need for more OLL FFLs in SoCAL

Bongos
01-09-2008, 6:30 PM
FYI, just went there to pick up my PPT and what do I see, a Pre-lock S&W 640 for about $400 OTD, teal tempting but I'm going to pass.. this is a good buy for someone

rivviepop
01-09-2008, 7:33 PM
FYI, just went there to pick up my PPT and what do I see, a Pre-lock S&W 640 for about $400 OTD, teal tempting but I'm going to pass.. this is a good buy for someone

Oh I so hate you now.

(j/k! :) )

five.five-six
01-09-2008, 7:35 PM
I heard that Anne's is the old Dave's gun shop. In the 90's, Dave's was on 6th near Main, IIRC. It's been years since I've been there, so it may have moved.

I liked dave, bought a few guns from him, nice shop, you just never knew if he was going to be open or not

SnWnMe
01-09-2008, 9:02 PM
Jerry = SutureSelf from ODB?

hawk81
01-10-2008, 5:53 PM
I have bought a couple of guns from Jerry, at his shop. He is a nice guy and has fair prices. You guys need to check him out.

Slowshooter
01-12-2008, 9:14 PM
Stopped by today and he just got a bunch of CZ firearms in.
CZ 75B SA
CZ 75B
CZ P-01
CZ Rami
CZ 97
CZ 83
and a side-by-side shotgun and a rifle with Manlicher stock.

There was a Winchester 70 up for consignment. Looks like hardly used at all. Forgot which caliber it was though.:p

I went there to get some S&B 223 and someone bought all of them.:mad: Oh well, should have bought it faster...And a gentleman bought a bunch of .308 match ammos.

pklin1297
01-12-2008, 9:21 PM
All this time there is a gunshop just a hop and skip over the 91 Fwy from my work and I didn't even know about it... :(

I'll definitely be visiting... Always wanted to check out a CZ 75B SA in person.

Slowshooter, you wouldn't happen to remember how much that gun was selling for? :D

Slowshooter
01-12-2008, 9:42 PM
It is like 75B but the trigger is slightly different. Didn't try the trigger pull though. As for the price I really don't remember.

hawk81
01-12-2008, 9:50 PM
What's the CZ P-01 going for?

Slowshooter
01-12-2008, 10:17 PM
hawk81, again, sorry, but

1. I don't remember the price (mid afternoon nap = mental eraser)
2. Jerry didn't even put the price tag on it when I was there. He just had them out and was about to but customers came in and had to do what he had to do. I saw them behind the counter fresh out of the box. Perhaps he will have price tag on it by now.

Slowshooter
01-26-2008, 8:14 PM
What's the CZ P-01 going for?

Stopped by today, I think it was $550 or so.

Jerry told me he just ordered some Stag lowers and lowers with Monsterman grip. Price range will be around $130.

ghostwong
01-26-2008, 8:49 PM
You must buy!! Must keep the the country going! Use your rebate check, buy, buy , buy!!

hawk81
01-26-2008, 9:04 PM
I'm glad Jerry is going to start selling oll recievers. Now I don't have to drive so far to get them.:)

Mute
01-27-2008, 8:54 AM
Jerry,

Welcome aboard and thank you for the kind offer to the Calgun members. We need more FFL's like you in Kalifornia. Hope you get plenty of business.