PDA

View Full Version : Colt Anaconda, Scratch Repair...

AgentD
12-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Quick Question.

So, I just acquired a brand new, gorgeous Colt Anaconda .44 and, like a moron, I lightly scratched the top of the gun while installing the sight-mount hole plugs.

Now, I am aware that there are several very good products for restoring shine and eliminating scratches from the body of this stainless steel handgun. However, the surface I scratched (like a moron) is a slightly different, more matte type finish.

Obviously, aside from investing in time travel research; allowing me to go back in time and slap myself, is there some sort of product or procedure to fix this kind of blemish? The scratches are very light with no gouging at all.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

saki302
12-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Tape off the rest of the gun and go over your scratch wiuth a bead blaster- that will re-matte the finish. I've done it for friends, but you will have to FULLY disassemble the gun first, and get ready for a fun cleanup.

-Dave

AgentD
12-19-2007, 1:16 PM
Oh man, what a nightmare. Well if that's the case, does anyone know of a reliable place in the bay area that might perform this kind of service?

Thanks!

Ninja45
12-20-2007, 4:44 PM
Scratches add character to the pistol. If you use it, scratches will be enevitable in the long run.

Ninja45

saki302
12-26-2007, 3:59 AM
Or- when in doubt, send it back to Colt!

-Dave