PDA

View Full Version : Bad Vendor Report - Legally Armed.com

nuke_em
12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I purchased and paid for a UTAH Concealed Firearm Permit Travel Guide © 2007 (http://legallyarmed.com/catalog/images/utah%20cover.jpg) from Legally Armed.com (http://legallyarmed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=46).

Unfortunately, they never shipped the guide, nor do they answer numerous e-mails sent to them :mad: I would suggest avoiding doing business with Legally Armed.com (http://legallyarmed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=46) at all costs! A $12 loss is not the end of the world but, I hate to be taken advantage of by a company with unscrupulous business practices.

End of rant…

Nefarious
12-16-2007, 1:03 PM
Have you tried calling them up on the phone at all? How long has it been since you placed your order? Not that it matters how long its been, epsecially if they are not answering you

Didnt see a number on their contact us page... :(

Blue
12-16-2007, 1:04 PM
Hopefully you paid with a credit card. Call your CC company.

Nefarious
12-16-2007, 1:07 PM
Hopefully you paid with a credit card. Call your CC company.

Yea really..
I dont know why online vendors would want to make a bad name for themselves. Hopefully there is a good explanation ... or "something" that is preventing them from giving customer service

nwnguy
12-16-2007, 2:21 PM
PM with their info sent.

nuke_em
12-16-2007, 2:32 PM
Thanks to "nwnguy", I now have their phone number. I'll give 'em a shout to find out what's going on. If that fails, I'll call VISA.

Thanks for the tips...

Nefarious
12-17-2007, 6:26 AM
Keep us updated. Id like to know how this plays out

Legally Armed
12-17-2007, 7:08 AM
To: Calguns.net
We have received information that one of your members has not received an order they sent to us. We apologize for any problem but; we need to know the name and address of the individual who has the problem. In order to make sure that orders are handled correctly, we have a 'special' e-mail address that is just for this type of situation. Please have your member contact: codered@legallyarmed.com

We process thousands of orders for our Legally Armed Travel Guides. We are the only organization that produces individual state armed travel guides for every state that issues a CCW License or Permit. Law Enforcemnt organizations, Firearm Instructors, and Legally Armed Citizens are our customers. We shoot straight but, sometimes problems occur. This can happen to any individual or organization. We want to take care of the problem with your member but, we need more information to do this. As soon as we get the necessary information, we will rectify the problem.
www.legallyarmed.com
Gene Kennedy

Nefarious
12-17-2007, 7:30 AM
Gene

Thank you for posting here. It does say alot about Legally Armed. Nuke_em was the member that had an order issue... Im sure you will hear from him - again - soon

Soldier415
12-17-2007, 9:40 AM
Wow. That's some impressive customer service and attention to detail. :eek:

rivviepop
12-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Legally Armed - thanks for taking the time to create an account and post a followup, we all appreciate it.

nuke_em
12-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I sent Gene e-mail (after obtaining the CORRECT e-mal from the above posts) asking for the status of my order. He replied that he was out of town/office. He'll follow-up on my order when he returns on Wednesday. Stand by...…

nuke_em
12-27-2007, 5:51 PM
I STILL haven’t received my order :confused: :mad: Next step - the Better Business Bureau.

Fjold
12-27-2007, 6:46 PM
Well Wednesday was the 19th, if he got it in the mail on Friday and it was sent parcel post it could still be in the mail.

I would have thought that he would have sent you an email to say that it had shipped or something though.

USN CHIEF
12-27-2007, 7:57 PM
Man, if the owner of the company or someone from the company got on cal guns to clarify the situation, that speaks alot of for this company, how ever, they should at least refund Nu kem's money for the hassle. Good customer service though for getting onto cal guns.

AJAX22
12-27-2007, 8:45 PM
This may be partially a seasonal issue... mail can be slow, lots of stuff is going on in peoples lives etc.

I'm not trying to make excuses for it not showing up, but the fact that the owner did follow up publicly and put his good name on the line goes a long way in my book.

Its just my two bits, but I'd give him every benifit of the doubt.

YMMV

ar15barrels
12-27-2007, 8:52 PM
This may be partially a seasonal issue... mail can be slow, lots of stuff is going on in peoples lives etc.

You would be amazed at what some people expect.
It's like they think you are standing next to the mailbox with their order already wrapped up, just waiting for their order to come through so that you can write the address on the box and drop it in the mail.

People are accustomed to same-day shipping like we get from Midway or Brownells, but need to realize that small businesses are often run by one guy.
Being a one-guy business myself, I can tell you that there's a lot to do and almost no-way that every order is going to ship out immediatly like it would at a company with 10 warehouse guys working in the shipping department. ;)

Fjold
12-27-2007, 9:09 PM
I ordered an EGW scope mount on Nov 27th and I just received an email saying that it shipped today.

The last time I was in a hurry for gun stuff was when I had some lowers on order in 2005 and I wanted to get them DROS'ed in a hurry because they were going to be listed in "two weeks"

FortCourageArmory
12-27-2007, 9:30 PM
It's like they think you are standing next to the mailbox with their order already wrapped up, just waiting for their order to come through so that you can write the address on the box and drop it in the mail.

People are accustomed to same-day shipping like we get from Midway or Brownells, but need to realize that small businesses are often run by one guy.
Being a one-guy business myself, I can tell you that there's a lot to do and almost no-way that every order is going to ship out immediatly like it would at a company with 10 warehouse guys working in the shipping department. ;)

Amen, brother...Amen.

socalguns
12-29-2007, 12:32 AM

small guys need to be upfront with their customers
on exact shipping times
and there needs to be ZERO difference in days
from billing to shipping.
a computer takes orders 24 hours a day, and customers don't know you're on vacation

CALI-gula
12-29-2007, 12:48 AM
I STILL haven’t received my order :confused: :mad: Next step - the Better Business Bureau.

12/16 to 12/28 with Christmas in the middle? I am only guessing that's how long it has been. Your reaction seems to be a bit extreme for a $12 booklet. Plus, you have only given us your side of the story and have left out many pertinent details. When did you order? How was your order placed? How did you pay? CC/MO/Check/Wire Transfer? What's the latest update you received?

Something like this would typically average about a 2 to 3 week ship-time; in "olden" days, it likley would have carried the ubiquitous tag of "4 to 6 weeks" - but why are you so hot to have this $12 booklet RIGHT NOW that it's such a big deal to jump all over the internet about it?

I'm willing to bet your order is already on its way.

dondo
01-03-2008, 2:41 PM
So....did ya get it?

nuke_em
01-03-2008, 4:16 PM
So....did ya get it?

Nope, and all my e-mails go unanswered :mad:

01-03-2008, 4:26 PM
Nope, and all my e-mails go unanswered :mad:

That sucks. Sounds like they are not holding up there end of the bargin.

nuke_em
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Yea and for a measly $12, you'd think this guy would want me off his back!

nuke_em
01-12-2008, 9:28 AM
It finally arrived after sending approximately 20 e-mails with only one response (that it was in the mail - and it wasn’t.) The excuse was they had to wait for 2008 covers (?) How long would it take to send a short note explaining this?

Rant over…