PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans Warehouse opening in Victorville

apgegaspasser
12-15-2007, 11:42 PM
If you are ever near Victorville, Ca, they are remodeling the old Costco building into a Sportmans Warehouse. Located ironically next to the new Costco off of the Roy Rodgers exit on the I-15. Apparently they are a large chain with stores throughout the US. They have a store in Rocklin. Can anyone that has been in one let us know what they are like? Black rifle accessories? handguns?ammo prices
Thanks!

hitman13
12-15-2007, 11:44 PM
when did costco move??:confused:

apgegaspasser
12-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Costco bought the old HomeBase/House2Home building next door tore it down and built a new Costco on what use to be the parking lot of the old Homebase/House2Home. It is larger and is similar in design to the newer ones in Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga...Wife was in there shopping last night and said that the flat screen hdtv's were flowing out the door like a river...

hitman13
12-15-2007, 11:56 PM
those vizio flat screens they have are nice.

does it have an outdoor snack bar? it really chaps my hide when i have to show id for a slice of pie!!!

CA357
12-16-2007, 12:06 AM
I go to the one in Rocklin. They don't carry AR, FAL or EBR type stuff. Not the greatest handgun selection, but still decent. Lots of long guns of the sporting type. An extensive and fairly well priced ammo selection. A very good optics selection, a fair amount of scopes and glass in general at decent prices. Pretty good knife selection. Lots of gun accessories like holsters, belts etc.
The store is geared towards the outdoorsman and hunter. They have a bowhunting section and a large fishing section too. Lots of camo clothing and weather gear, boots, belts and other similar stuff.
Lots of reloading stuff including manuals and some other gun books. Camping gear, coolers, water jugs and such as well.
The first time I walked in I thought I was in Man Heaven. Allow plenty of time for your first visit, you'll be very happy there.
One caveat, make sure you know your prices before buying anything. They have an excellent selection, but it's not always the lowest price. ;)

RP1911
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I have been to the Rocklin one and done a PPT transfer. Didn't like their attitude and the fact that they were telling me I couldn't do the PPT transfer because I had bought a gun in the previous 30 days. I had to politely and forcefully ask them to run the DROS (they were saying it will be denied and I would lose the $s). I posted a thread about this.

Now for the good stuff. It's a mecca for the sportsman. Pretty much have everything in inventory. I didn't see any black guns (AR or AK). Shotguns were plenty. They have a wall of handguns and it's impressive. Prices are good on most things.

caduckgunner
12-16-2007, 7:32 AM
I live in the Victor Valley, why in the hell would they open up here? We don't even have a real small sporting goods store :confused:Not complaining, just hope they get enough business to stay open.

Thunderhawk
12-16-2007, 8:03 AM
Can anyone that has been in one let us know what they are like?

I have been going to the Sportsman's Warehouse stores in both St George and Provo Ut for a while now. Their handgun selection is good, reloading supplies is great, and general sporting good merchandise is great.

when did costco move??

Hey Hit, how's the munchkins? How's things up north? The new Costco is now the largest in California. It is great!

I live in the Victor Valley, why in the hell would they open up here?

Because everybody I know goes down the hill to get their stuff. I have e-mailed Sprotsman's a dozen time in the last 18 months asking them to look at the Victor Valley. We have grown so much I think we have the population to support it, plus all the transient traffic passing through headed for the desert or the river.

eckerph
12-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I go to the rocklin store all the time and love it. the people behind the gun counter are "experts" by any stretch so if you're there to buy a gun know what you want ahead of time and buy. great prices on reloading stuff btw.

apgegaspasser
12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I want to thank everyone for their responses. It looks like I will be frequenting this store very often. I'll now have to go with the wife to Costco and go over to the Sportsmans Warehouse while she's in Costco. Hopefully they will have .45 colt priced reasonably. It is a hard caliber for me to find up here in the desert that isn't priced close to $35 box/50. Since they are heavy into reloading equipment, I guess I'll have to get back into reloading. Sure will beat a trip down the hill to Turner's or BPS. If their handgun prices are reasonable, I may never go down the hill to purchase a handgun again.

Black Majik
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Great, now it's gonna take 6 hrs to get to Vegas. 4 hrs to Vegas, 2 hrs in Sportmans Warehouse :D

caduckgunner
12-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Where did you get this info? I didn't see any info in the newspaper or there website.

Timberwolf
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Looks like I'll be heading east out of Palmdale to go shopping pretty soon.

apgegaspasser
12-18-2007, 12:06 PM
If you drive by the front of the old Costco, right by where the entrance used to be, there is a sign up. It says that Sportsmans Warehouse (shows the company logo) is coming soon and states that the corporate headquarters is in SLC and gives a phone number.
They have the south wall of the building torn off right now and it looks like they will be enlarging the building some.

Sydwaiz
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Another place to stop and shop on the way to or from Vegas besides Bass Pro now! Wife won't be happy...

Mac
12-18-2007, 1:41 PM

Pulsar
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh yay, more work for me :) I cover (mostly by my self) all Remington warranty work for every Sportsmans Warehouse in the country. That's 58 stores at last count, usually have about 2-3 guns a day coming in for work, though I've had days where we've gotten about 15.

Paul
12-19-2007, 5:55 PM
Wonder what they'll sell there - their catalog is 50% we're not going to sell to California. Anything related to a firearm.