PDA

View Full Version : RRA NM Trigger Question

kj
12-15-2007, 4:31 PM
I just installed an RRA NM trigger and the pull weight was very high - off my 12 lb scale. I've narrowed down the problem to the area where the trigger contacts the selector. When I removed the selector and reassembled, the pull weight dropped to 5.25 lbs.

My question is this: Where do you recommend some light metal removal - the flat portion of the selector or the trigger?
Thanks

G17GUY
12-15-2007, 5:51 PM
"The best guy for that job is John Holliger at http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/index.htm
Turns out great rifles and I think he only charges $30 for the RRA trigger tune.":cool2:

kj
12-15-2007, 6:10 PM
Thanks, but I don't need it tuned. I remember someone else had the same issue but they didn't mention where they removed metal from. Pull weight is 5.25 lbs without the selector and I can lower that a bit by bending or replacing the springs.

kj
12-15-2007, 8:41 PM
All done and working nice. I decided to remove metal from the selector since that is the cheaper part to replace.

I believe that the notch on the selector that mates to the detent was not in the correct spot. I could see the selector was clocking counter-clockwise when I pulled the trigger. This clocking was a good indicator of where I needed to remove metal. A majic marker, a file, and removing and re-installing the pistol grip/selector/spring/detent about ten times fixed it.

After bending the springs a bit, it breaks at 4.5 lbs. I will probably bend the springs to bring it up to 4.75 to 5 lbs, and use it on my service rifle upper.

ar15barrels
12-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I decided to remove metal from the selector since that is the cheaper part to replace.

WECSOG rule #1. ;)