PDA

View Full Version : CA kit builders buy your stuff SOON!!!

Utha Schleigle
12-15-2007, 2:59 PM
Info for CA builders only. **WARNING** 49 state Dealers might what read this too.

It is a gunsmithing issue because you won't be able to buy a reciever or kits.

The reason I am telling you this is so you can finish and continue to build the kits you have in CA. If I am in-correct or have miss-information please let me know. I am not whinning just letting you know what I know. If it you applies to you and want to get ready GREAT, but (and it's big BUTT) do as you wish and your milage may vary.

Right now a CA the way it works - {info from my FFL} - when they order long arms from an out of CA dealer or manufacturer. The CA dealer places the order and money is exchanged and the out of state dealer has a valid, up to date copy oy their FFL paperwork and the out of CA dealer ships the arms or receivers to the CA dealer. FANTASTIC!!!

The State of CA does not know what the CA stores are getting and do not restrict the purchases before the shippment but relies on the CA dealer not to sell anything CA thinks is illegal or on any banned list. When I buy some long arm the State of CA only knows I purchased a long arm (not what type) and relies an me and the dealer that it is legal and CA compliant. As long as there is no problems - no problems.

What is changing as the first of the year - inplemented in July 2008. Any firearm or lower receiver from an out of state source will have to have to two approval #'s (on the paperwork)!! One from the out of state dealer I want to shipp to CA and one from the CA dealer I want to receive in CA. Everything is ambiguus as hell (AS USUAL) so no one knows what the rules are. Most of you can guess the rest. Any firearms (May be dealers too) the State of CA does not like MAY not get an authorization # and not be "ALLOWED" to ship into CA.

So the State of CA will now know what a CA FFL is receiving and probably (info has not been confirmed) what I am buying.

Which burachracy and who - how - what rules these authorization permitt #'s are going to come from is unknown, But it is going to be a cluster F-en FUBAR.

So if you are the buyer from BIG 5 and want to bring 200 Remington Single shot shotguns in great here your #'s. If your legitamit dealer with a store front and want bring any from of AKM or FAL complete rifles well the State of CA may have to think about that. If you are a dealer with problems and no store front you may never great authorization # for any thing.

As I said these are early days and any one whos knows anything. PLEASE TELL ME!!!

As far as I know one could still bend flats, so that may be another way go.

I have purchased the receivers that I need to finish the kits I have bought. I may buy some more and that why I have been trying to do screw kits. The receivers may become harder replace because of availbility.

If you do not have the neccessary stuff to finish your Kits and live in CA, my recommendation to you is get what you need or prepare your workshop to bend or do what you need to do.

Certian type of complete guns like 1919's - MIGHT become scarce - as I said if you live in CA.

My dealer in CA has aprox 12 NDS-3's in stock in the LA area. They have placed another order, but they are also aware of the chopped barrell kits and what that means to building the kits. They are also stocking up on complete firearms they MAY feel that the State of CA may not like.

Check with your local dealer in CA or PM me for this dealer's info.

ghost
12-15-2007, 3:30 PM
what does this have to do with parts kits?you can them shipped directly to you.

4 Brigada
12-15-2007, 3:39 PM
Its a bear to bend those FAL OLL receivers. :willy_nilly: were doomed, doomed I tell you. Good thing I just got a amd 65 kit shipped to me by a private out of state seller.

Hunter
12-15-2007, 3:46 PM
......_

I'm not sure were to start as almost all of your post is incorrect. So how about you taking a read of this thread to get a feeling for what is really going on or better yet not going on. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=77928

Current date for AB 2521 to take effect is actually JULY 1 2008 and not January. But a lot of stuff needs done by the DOJ still to make that even happen.

jjperl
12-15-2007, 5:09 PM
ahh...as usual the government is hard at work making things complicated. I mean, what else are they good for? :rolleyes:

Fjold
12-15-2007, 5:10 PM
Two weeks!!

Hunter
12-15-2007, 6:59 PM
i think i read it on doj web that it was jan.it was originally supposed to be july but i guess they changed it.they finally got the 2007 summary up and some interesting reading on protection of property

The centralized list is being developed for Jan 1, but the actual law doesn't take effect until July 1 2008. Again this effects FFL to FFL transfers from out of state. Basically it is the DOJ way of checking to see if the receiving FFL is indeed legit. This law does nothing to allowing a gun or stopping the sale of a gun based on make and model.

Here is the actual law.
PC12072 (f) (1) (A) Commencing July 1, 2008, a person who is licensed
pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of
the United States Code may not deliver, sell, or transfer a firearm
to a person in California who is licensed pursuant to Chapter 44
(commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code
unless, prior to delivery, the person intending to deliver, sell, or
transfer the firearm obtains a verification number via the Internet
for the intended delivery, sale, or transfer, from the department. If
Internet service is unavailable to either the department or the
licensee due to a technical or other malfunction, or a federal
firearms licensee who is located outside of California does not
possess a computer or have Internet access, alternate means of
communication, including facsimile or telephone, shall be made
available for a licensee to obtain a verification number in order to
comply with this section. This subdivision shall not apply to the
delivery, sale, or transfer of a short-barreled rifle, or
short-barreled shotgun, as defined in Section 12020, or to a
machinegun as defined in Section 12200, or to an assault weapon as
defined in Sections 12276, 12276.1, and 12276.5.
(B) For every identification number request received pursuant to
this section, the department shall determine whether the intended
recipient is on the centralized list of firearms dealers pursuant to
this section, or the centralized list of exempted federal firearms
licensees pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 12083, or the
centralized list of firearms manufacturers pursuant to subdivision
(f) of Section 12086.
(C) If the department finds that the intended recipient is on one
of these lists, the department shall issue to the inquiring party, a
unique identification number for the intended delivery, sale, or
transfer. In addition to the unique verification number, the
department may provide to the inquiring party information necessary
for determining the eligibility of the intended recipient to receive
the firearm. The person intending to deliver, sell, or transfer the
firearm shall provide the unique verification number to the recipient
along with the firearm upon delivery, in a manner to be determined
by the department.
(D) If the department finds that the intended recipient is not on
one of these lists, the department shall notify the inquiring party
that the intended recipient is ineligible to receive the firearm.
(E) The department shall prescribe the manner in which the
verification numbers may be requested via the Internet, or by
alternate means of communication, such as by facsimile or telephone,
including all required enrollment information and procedures.

JHC
12-15-2007, 7:02 PM
Info for CA builders only. **WARNING** 49 state Dealers might what read this too.

The reason I am telling you this is so you can finish and continue to build the kits you have in CA. If I am in-correct or have miss-information please let me know. I am not whinning just letting you know what I know. If it you applies to you and want to get ready GREAT, but (and it's big BUTT) do as you wish and your milage may vary.

Right now a CA the way it works - {info from my FFL} - when they order long arms from an out of CA dealer or manufacturer. The CA dealer places the order and money is exchanged and the out of state dealer has a valid, up to date copy oy their FFL paperwork and the out of CA dealer ships the arms or receivers to the CA dealer. FANTASTIC!!!

The State of CA does not know what the CA stores are getting and do not restrict the purchases before the shippment but relies on the CA dealer not to sell anything CA thinks is illegal or on any banned list. When I buy some long arm the State of CA only knows I purchased a long arm (not what type) and relies an me and the dealer that it is legal and CA compliant. As long as there is no problems - no problems.

What is changing as the first of the year - inplemented in July 2008. Any firearm or lower receiver from an out of state source will have to have to two approval #'s (on the paperwork)!! One from the out of state dealer I want to shipp to CA and one from the CA dealer I want to receive in CA. Everything is ambiguus as hell (AS USUAL) so no one knows what the rules are. Most of you can guess the rest. Any firearms (May be dealers too) the State of CA does not like MAY not get an authorization # and not be "ALLOWED" to ship into CA.

So the State of CA will now know what a CA FFL is receiving and probably (info has not been confirmed) what I am buying.

Which burachracy and who - how - what rules these authorization permitt #'s are going to come from is unknown, But it is going to be a cluster F-en FUBAR.

So if you are the buyer from BIG 5 and want to bring 200 Remington Single shot shotguns in great here your #'s. If your legitamit dealer with a store front and want bring any from of AKM or FAL complete rifles well the State of CA may have to think about that. If you are a dealer with problems and no store front you may never great authorization # for any thing.

As I said these are early days and any one whos knows anything. PLEASE TELL ME!!!

As far as I know one could still bend flats, so that may be another way go.

I have purchased the receivers that I need to finish the kits I have bought. I may buy some more and that why I have been trying to do screw kits. The receivers may become harder replace because of availbility.

If you do not have the neccessary stuff to finish your Kits and live in CA, my recommendation to you is get what you need or prepare your workshop to bend or do what you need to do.

Certian type of complete guns like 1919's - MIGHT become scarce - as I said if you live in CA.

My dealer in CA has aprox 12 NDS-3's in stock in the LA area. They have placed another order, but they are also aware of the chopped barrell kits and what that means to building the kits. They are also stocking up on complete firearms they MAY feel that the State of CA may not like.

Check with your local dealer in CA or PM me for this dealer's info.

So you're saying that once the new system is in place we won't be able to bring is the same stuff that DOJ has already admitted is legal, sounds like FUD. Is your real name Allison, or are you just an FFL that is trying to use fear to move your inventory? Nice try, but I didn't fall for it when you posted on AKfiles and nobody is gonna go for it here either.

BTW, I could care less about not being able to get anymore AK receivers, I bend my own anyway.

bwiese
12-15-2007, 7:52 PM
More urban legend gunshop BS ...

(1) this has NOTHING to do with parts kits without serialized receivers.

(2) even when July 1 2007 kicks in, the guns being transferred into CA are not separately approved: the result of the law is that transaction is merely approved with the goal of assuring that dealers ship firearms to only legit FFLs in CA. The contents of the transaction are not at issue, just that biz is done so that the CA recipient is a lawful FFL.

Ford8N
12-16-2007, 4:59 AM
More urban legend gunshop BS ...

(1) this has NOTHING to do with parts kits without serialized receivers.

(2) even when July 1 2007 kicks in, the guns being transferred into CA are not separately approved: the result of the law is that transaction is merely approved with the goal of assuring that dealers ship firearms to only legit FFLs in CA. The contents of the transaction are not at issue, just that biz is done so that the CA recipient is a lawful FFL.

This sounds like FUD for OUT OF STATE FFL's. You will see more "not for sale to California" in ads i bet. Even if it's legal.

stator
12-16-2007, 6:51 AM

Interesting read. I see your point above clearly, but you are probably in agreement with me in saying that the national retailers will win big here. This is because local stores do not buy via interstate distribution. Instead, they simply transfer from their own warehouse to the local store (often across statelines).

I think this may bring back Wal-Mart with firearm sales in this state. This is a good thing as we need better competition among retailers.

There is a misconception about the Wal-Mart settlement with the DOJ years ago. The ending of all firearm sales in CA was purely voluntary by Wal-Mart of which they can end at any time.

Prc329
12-16-2007, 2:05 PM

From what I read and was told it is an automatic system that will not know what is in each order only that an order was made and is coming from a valid FFL. So basically Big 5 orders 200 Remington 870s. The dealer request a number to send the order to Big 5, not each and every single 870. So the DOJ won't know what is being sent only that an order was placed. So Ammo bros can still order 100 Double star lowers it is just now the DOJ will know they placed the order. They won't know what is in that order.

The database will be dealers listed in CA and out of state dealers that do business in CA. From the way I understand it dealer A will go to DOJ website and request a number for a transaction with dealer b. The website verifies dealer a and b are on the list and a number is issued. If either dealer a or b is not in the database the number will not be issued.

I think where the problem may come in is with individuals shipping to an FFL. If and I repeat only if there is a problem where any shipment an FFL recieves must have a number we will have to use an FFL to ship long guns. Again this is an if since I am not sure about that portion.

Hunter
12-16-2007, 6:45 PM
....I think where the problem may come in is with individuals shipping to an FFL. If and I repeat only if there is a problem where any shipment an FFL recieves must have a number we will have to use an FFL to ship long guns. Again this is an if since I am not sure about that portion.

The law clearly states this it applies only to guns coming in from FFL holders to CA FFL holders. So a pvt party (in or out of state) can indeed send a gun to a CA FFL without getting a number. Also a CA resident can send a gun out to a FFL (in/out of state) for gunsmithing, repair, ect.. and the FFL can send their gun back to the pvt. party without getting a number.

Now if a resident buys a gun from an out of state FFL, that FFL will need to get a number from the DOJ in order to ship the gun to the buyer's CA FFL dealer.

If the CA FFL dealer buys or orders guns themselves from another FFL holder they need to get a number.

emc002
12-16-2007, 6:58 PM
Gee, another post by someone with only about 10~30 posts all about doom and gloom.

Don't you guys at DOJ have any real work to do or criminals to catch?

TWO WEEEEKKSSS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

supersonic
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Gee, another post by someone with only about 10~30 posts all about doom and gloom.

Don't you guys at DOJ have any real work to do or criminals to catch?

TWO WEEEEKKSSS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Notice how OP sort of vanished?:eek:

jumbopanda
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I'd buy them soon anyway just because prices are going up. :p

bwiese
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I think this may bring back Wal-Mart with firearm sales in this state. This
is a good thing as we need better competition among retailers.

That's a Yes and a No...

The Walmarts I've seen sold a limited selection of fairly common guns. I can't remember which ones they were, it was awhile ago - but some of the guns appear to be Walmart-only 'special breeds' for cost reduction.

If Walmart goes back into gun biz in CA, most of their guns will still be plain-Jane 870s, Mossy 500s, a few Remington 700s between the 710s, maybe a Marlin levergun or two...

m24armorer
12-17-2007, 4:30 PM
I just read the whole thing. The SOURCE wording bothers me.

wilit
12-17-2007, 4:46 PM
That's a Yes and a No...

The Walmarts I've seen sold a limited selection of fairly common guns. I can't remember which ones they were, it was awhile ago - but some of the guns appear to be Walmart-only 'special breeds' for cost reduction.

If Walmart goes back into gun biz in CA, most of their guns will still be plain-Jane 870s, Mossy 500s, a few Remington 700s between the 710s, maybe a Marlin levergun or two...

When I worked at Wallyworld they primarily stocked 10/22's (sold a billion of those) 870's, 500A's, and Savage bolt actions in .30-06 and 7mm rem mag. Towards the end they started getting in a mini-14 here and there, but they were pretty sporadic. We had 2 Marlin lever guns that never moved the entire time I worked there.

Given the amount of training Wal-mart provides, and the current requirement for employees to have a COE to sell firearms, I would venture to guess Wal-Mart will never sell another firearm in CA again.

Hunter
12-17-2007, 6:17 PM
...., I would venture to guess Wal-Mart will never sell another firearm in CA again.

The firearm violations Walmart admitted to cost them $10 million in fines. There is no way they will get back into selling firearms in CA again as the loss to profit ratio is far to great.

http://calgunlaws.com/article-478.html

m24armorer
12-17-2007, 8:33 PM
Read it again, looks like I have to give them $$$$ to exist.

PIRATE14
12-17-2007, 9:46 PM
The law clearly states this it applies only to guns coming in from FFL holders to CA FFL holders. So a pvt party (in or out of state) can indeed send a gun to a CA FFL without getting a number. Also a CA resident can send a gun out to a FFL (in/out of state) for gunsmithing, repair, ect.. and the FFL can send their gun back to the pvt. party without getting a number.

Now if a resident buys a gun from an out of state FFL, that FFL will need to get a number from the DOJ in order to ship the gun to the buyer's CA FFL dealer.

If the CA FFL dealer buys or orders guns themselves from another FFL holder they need to get a number.

While it seemed pretty clear to me that this was the case.....I did bring up the question at a ATF/DOJ symposium......

They stated that all firearms shipments would require numbers......

I told them to go back and check.....it will be interesting....:rolleyes:

PIRATE14
12-17-2007, 9:48 PM
Read it again, looks like I have to give them $$$$ to exist.

Possible.....what is the cost to an out of state dealer to sign up for the centralized list........it's already a pain in the *** for those in state.....don't think to many will sign up for the extra burden.....unless yu already ship a lot of guns into CALI....;)

bwiese
12-17-2007, 9:50 PM
Possible.....what is the cost to an out of state dealer to sign up for the centralized list........it's already a pain in the *** for those in state.....don't think to many will sign up for the extra burden.....unless yu already ship a lot of guns into CALI....;)

Perhaps. In that case, Pirate, you have yet a new line of business as an intermediary.

Utha Schleigle
12-18-2007, 2:09 AM
So you're saying that once the new system is in place we won't be able to bring is the same stuff that DOJ has already admitted is legal, sounds like FUD. Is your real name Allison, or are you just an FFL that is trying to use fear to move your inventory? Nice try, but I didn't fall for it when you posted on AKfiles and nobody is gonna go for it here either.

BTW, I could care less about not being able to get anymore AK receivers, I bend my own anyway.

No my real name is stupid F. I am trying to fall into some Knowledge.:TFH:

I did learn something though and is-en that what it is all about. I like to think we doing this for Children that don't understand how good it is to have an AK varient in their little hands.

By the way Merry Christmass to you all and Tinny TIM too.

Utha Schleigle
12-18-2007, 2:26 AM
Notice how OP sort of vanished?:eek:

Yes I am back.

Yes it is not long since I found about this web sight. I learned about it from the FFL dealer you think I am hype-ing. How about better cross marketing for CAL GUNS.

Never ASSUME it's some one's first firearm or gunsmithing fiassco. I learn every time I logg on WEB.

I still can't spell too well.

supersonic
12-18-2007, 7:01 PM
Yes I am back.

Yes it is not long since I found about this web sight. I learned about it from the FFL dealer you think I am hype-ing. How about better cross marketing for CAL GUNS.

Never ASSUME it's some one's first firearm or gunsmithing fiassco. I learn every time I logg on WEB.

I still can't spell too well.

STILL?!?!? I wouldn't hold my breath, then, if I were you. Spell Check be 'yo da:pddy!

AlohaRover
12-20-2007, 8:10 AM
OK this is slightly confusing.

Do Federal FFL holders that have their business in CA need a second CA-FL?
Can someone be a valid FFL and CA can turn around and say "No"?

if not then this sounds very strange. The ATF already runs an FFL online license verification system (Ezcheck) that I am supposed to check prior to sending out a firearm to any FFL holder.
Not sure I understand what this added check is for?

bwiese
12-20-2007, 10:07 AM
OK this is slightly confusing.

Do Federal FFL holders that have their business in CA need a second CA-FL?
Can someone be a valid FFL and CA can turn around and say "No"?

if not then this sounds very strange. The ATF already runs an FFL online license verification system (Ezcheck) that I am supposed to check prior to sending out a firearm to any FFL holder.
Not sure I understand what this added check is for?

It's feel-good politics that supposedly somehow stops firearms from being delivered to non-FFLs.

In CA if you have an FFL you generally need a DOJ permit as well. If you don't have/get one after FFL issuance, the ATF pulls the FFL.

Utha Schleigle
12-20-2007, 6:38 PM
It's feel-good politics that supposedly somehow stops firearms from being delivered to non-FFLs.

In CA if you have an FFL you generally need a DOJ permit as well. If you don't have/get one after FFL issuance, the ATF pulls the FFL.

This confuses me. It is already NOT GOOD if a non FFL in or out of state receives any lower or complete firearm with out the requirements already place by law. Firearms or lowers must be first received only by a FFL - logged in their loggg book - and then sold and DROSSed to a customer or sent to an another FFL and then logged into their logggg book.

I buy parts and or parts kits only these are not complete firearms or lowers.
Any and all firearms are propery sold and DROSSSSSSED to me.

Is this new regulation a registration and fee generating exercise to FFLs? Or is this an registration of "ACCEPTABLE" and or "LIKED" FFL dealers (in or out of state) and give CA our fee and if CA does not like you CA takes your fee and sorry. Dose this regulate individual transactions between FFL's and the type firarms being transferred between FFL dealers? LIKED or UNLIKED firearms by the state of CA?

I will read it again.

Is this like the dropp test for hand guns where CA charges manufacturers $5000.oo USD to test to see if the pistol is safe. If it does make economic sence for your company, then your pistol is not on OK list.

This sounds like a new racket and way to diswade non PC trade of totally legal goods.

Utha Schleigle
12-21-2007, 4:56 PM
Thanks!!! Reading thread on this on page one and I am much clearing on what this is.

If this new requirement is only approving dealers (in and out of state) and paying tax, how does the info of what type of firearm and how many come into play on each transaction. Isn't this just you are an "APPROVED" FFL and your anointed number is on the paper work - this can be handled during an audit along with everthing else a FFl is supposed and not supposed to do.

Any way - I know that anything that affects a seller - the buyers are effected in some way and I thought would become a gunsmithing issue if for whatever new reason, parts, barrells, receivers and ? are harder to get in CA.

bwiese
12-21-2007, 8:02 PM
Utha,

It will be a bit of an extra hassle, but not a 'problem'.

Note that the items in the transaction items are not approved, it just kinda helps validate that a current, valid CA FFL is receiving a gun and nothing is beling illegally redirected. (There have been issues w/forged FFLs.) I don't think this law will do sh*t in that regard, but it's there.

If the DOJ tries to make it do anything more (separate gun approvals, etc.) that is illegal as it goes beyond the scope of the law as passed.

And it has NOTHING to do with receiverless parts kits (barrels, etc.).

Bagger
12-24-2007, 8:25 PM
you can buy parts kits all day long .
Your FFL is blowing smoke up your arse

Utha Schleigle
12-25-2007, 9:06 PM
you can buy parts kits all day long .
Your FFL is blowing smoke up your arse

:useless: I was wondering what was smoldering down there. I better get my hemroids checked then count my supply of burnt out AKM barrels.:eek:

Utha Schleigle
06-12-2008, 4:56 PM
Hey guyz - I did not disapear. Unfortunately neither did this problem.

The vendors in other STATES are starting to sqawk like demented angry parrots.

When you buy something from vendors as CA buying customers lets be diplomatic and not give vendors any reason not to shipp you product!!!!

Yes it was in December 2007 - I now have everything thing I need to make functioning registered to me rifles. I honestly and non biasedly want you to have or buy what you want or need. Now and in the Future

motorhead
06-13-2008, 6:24 AM
the short answer here is to build your own. no ffl needed. you don't even need proof of age to buy kits and flats.

zemperfi1971
06-13-2008, 11:17 AM
All this is bunk. That's what they said when the first ban came out. AR"s won't be available...etc.etc...yada yada...SO we buy expensive guns and then what happens. First the sunset of the Fed Law...then OLL's etc. So those of us that registered are legal but we are stuck with property we cannot sell in state and are not as cool looking as the stuff you can buy today. I should have just bought a bunch of lower recievers instead of buying the whole rifles. DUMB ME....

ligerkingdom01
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
All this is bunk. That's what they said when the first ban came out. AR"s won't be available...etc.etc...yada yada...SO we buy expensive guns and then what happens. First the sunset of the Fed Law...then OLL's etc. So those of us that registered are legal but we are stuck with property we cannot sell in state and are not as cool looking as the stuff you can buy today. I should have just bought a bunch of lower recievers instead of buying the whole rifles. DUMB ME....

+100 :)

motorhead
06-14-2008, 6:26 AM
100% reciever production is stopped on some models due to the barrel ban. if you are building on these you should grab a couple. the high volume trade on recievers was to commercial builders, who will shortly be o.o.b. unless hr4900 passes. very few barrelless kits have shown up yet so the barrel makers are not jumping on the boat.

Utha Schleigle
06-14-2008, 8:50 AM
With CAI importing complete rifles the taxes at 500 to 700 dollars why get a kit with no barrel 100 - 200 + reciver + barrell + other stuff, it makes more centszes to buy complete rifle. If the distributors decide to ship to our CA FFL's.

If there is a market with $$$$$ there will be an avenue to supply need or consumer desire. If market forces change - like no barrled kits available - all the things surrounding that resource will naturally dry up.

Said the rest before, so I don't want to soound like a broken record.

Utha Schleigle
06-14-2008, 8:55 AM

Since yours are registered you can make it as cool as you want. Acessorize it BABY.

rem7600
06-28-2008, 12:10 AM
:mad:The pawn shop i go to alot ,cause he gives me killer deals kinda said something about that,hence as of this oct he will no longer sell firearms.

Gunhacker
06-28-2008, 10:03 AM
100% reciever production is stopped on some models due to the barrel ban. if you are building on these you should grab a couple. the high volume trade on recievers was to commercial builders, who will shortly be o.o.b. unless hr4900 passes. very few barrelless kits have shown up yet so the barrel makers are not jumping on the boat.

I'm coming late to this party.... what is this barrel ban you're referring to?

Also, can some explain this provisions of the new law taking effect July 1st, and how it affects shipment of C&R long guns? Would being on this "centralized list of exempted FFL's (versus dealers) allow me as an C&R FFL, to still be able to receive a C&R long gun?

the department shall determine whether the intended
recipient is on the centralized list of firearms dealers pursuant to
this section, or the centralized list of exempted federal firearms
licensees pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 12083