PDA

View Full Version : Gun shops and the people who work there...

rue
12-15-2007, 2:44 AM
I go to a shop on my route (I have a side vending business) and the guy behind the counter barely talks at all when I walk in and seems more into whatever he was reading behind the counter. He had a whole case of cowboy revolvers which aren't my thing but it seriously limited his selection of modern pistols which I think more people are interested in. I doubt there is anyone buying single action .45's for over 1k everyday. I see one AR rifle and It's a Carbon 15. I check it out but I'm not really into the plastic lower so I hand it back and ask about OLL's and he tells me he doesn't sell them. I said ok and was ready to walk out and he starts ranting and raving about how it's illegal to build one and he's not getting arrested for selling something to me to build illegally. I just ignored the guy and said thanks and walked out.

I went to another shop and first the guy won't acknowledge I'm standing there then after I make eye contact with him asked if I had a question and I asked to see a pistol I was eyeballing and he asks to see ID. I'm 29 years old. I show him my ID and my HSC without problems and he lets me check out the gun. The whole time though I'm getting this vibe like he doesn't want to help me or something. I'm straight cut working class white guy, my pants aren't falling off my ***** and I'm not acting like a retard or anything. I didn't even ask about the OLL as I figured the guy won't know or would start telling me CA law in his eyes like the last guy.

I'm probably going on and on here but I wanted to know if anyone else has a problem with gun stores and they way they treat you. I personally don't treat anyone that way in my business. I have clients that suck to deal with but I never treat them like they don't matter to me. Seems like all the gun shops in my town aren't interested in making you feel like they want your business. Anyone noticing this trend in your area?

Miltiades
12-15-2007, 3:46 AM
I live in the San Diego area and have frequented 5 or 6 gun stores in this area over the years I have been here. Perhaps I have been lucky, but my experiences with gun store employees have been pretty good. Most of those I have dealt with are knowledgeable about guns as well as skilled in selling techniques and CA gun laws. They are generally willing to spend some time showing me their products and discussing the pros and cons of different models.

I don't doubt that you encountered rude and indifferent gun store employees in your town, however. I have sometimes run into retail sales people like this in other stores, and I often refuse to go back to a store after one bad experience of this type. I would bet that the gun stores you describe don't stay in business very long.

kurac
12-15-2007, 8:11 AM
It depends on where you go and who they hire. Some places are awful other places know you by name (if you buy enough stuff) and may even rib you a bit cause they care.

Bongos
12-15-2007, 8:21 AM
Turner's hire anyone off the street! Go to Ade's and they will even encourage you to build a CA legal AR build, even will point you in the right direction

rivviepop
12-15-2007, 8:51 AM
Turn a "rude" (or just ignoring-you) gun store employee into your friend, ask them how to clean a certain part or explain to you how something works and they'll be your friend. Usually the guys who seem rude are just waiting for someone to talk to about gun stuff besides putting your paws on a toy.

That's my experience, at least. I usually use the "I've got a lot of copper in the bbl I can't seem to clean, what's your opinion on these 5 cleaners and what would you do?" and let them talk about Butch's Bore Shine for awhile. :) (or if it's a collectible chop ask how to identify real Nazi markings or explain how old 45 black powders work or something)

Socal858
12-15-2007, 8:52 AM
Turner's hire anyone off the street! Go to Ade's and they will even encourage you to build a CA legal AR build, even will point you in the right direction

ades is a wonderful shop and ade is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. period.

bright spot pawn in the inland empire is also another top notch shop

dfletcher
12-15-2007, 8:57 AM
I've not quite figured it out, but the instances you describe are similar to those experienced in computer stores. I think whenever there is a situation where the person behind the counter feels they have much greater knowledge than the customer, and they function in an environment where there may not be a standard of what is correct or incorrect, they believe they know best and all others are less knowledgeable. Depending on their personality, they can choose to be helpful of derogatory or disinterested.

I'm sure anyone who has a computer or IT person at work has seen it on occassion - the "Can you believe that idiot didn't know his dweezelpopper was fried and he actually asked me about the gizzydoodle? What a dumb@ss".

Cpl. Haas
12-15-2007, 9:32 AM
I'm sure anyone who has a computer or IT person at work has seen it on occassion - the "Can you believe that idiot didn't know his dweezelpopper was fried and he actually asked me about the gizzydoodle? What a dumb@ss".

Kinda like this? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yabs2O_99aA

CSACANNONEER
12-15-2007, 9:39 AM
Everybody has bad days, even people that work retail. I work at a gunshop/range a few hours a month for such lousy pay that I usually end up spending more money than I make during my shift. I'm talking about the cost of fuel to get there and the cost of a lunch or two (if my son is with me). Of course the benefits more than make up for the poor pay. What I'm trying to get at is that I enjoy working there and still, every once in a while, I may ignore a customer just because I need a couple minutes to rest, choke down some food or finish a project. If you happened to run into me and I was rude, I apologize. If it wasn't me, I'd give the shops another chance. If you continue to get the same treatment, post the names of the shops here!

kap
12-15-2007, 9:49 AM
You can read the whole thing, but the title and the concluding remarks sum it up.

"Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments"

Concluding Remarks
In sum, we present this article as an exploration into why people tend to hold overly optimistic and miscalibrated views about themselves. We propose that those with limited knowledge in a domain suffer a dual burden: Not only do they reach mistaken conclusions and make regrettable errors, but their incompetence robs them of the ability to realize it.

Although we feel we have done a competent job in making a strong case for this analysis, studying it empirically, and drawing out relevant implications, our thesis leaves us with one haunting worry that we cannot vanquish. That worry is that this article may contain faulty logic, methodological errors, or poor communication. Let us assure our readers that to the extent this article is imperfect, it is not a sin we have committed knowingly.

http://www.geocities.com/sgraessle/folder1/incomp.htm

TonyM
12-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm probably going on and on here but I wanted to know if anyone else has a problem with gun stores and they way they treat you.

Nope. No problems at my FFLs. Heck, last time I was at Irvington Arms we got so busy talking that I lost track of time and ended up staying about 1/2 longer than I planned.

Sometimes it's difficult to find a good shop, but when you do, you'll know it.

elroy
12-15-2007, 11:23 AM
i,ve not really found a shop i'm 100% happy with , but thats why we shop at more than one place ,,, turners seems to hire anyone ,, but at least the kids are somewhat enthusiastic thouigh not the most well informed ,and their sales are hard to beat,,, ade's is good , but he does not stock anything oll himself , he sells lowers and whole rifles on consignment , no uppers or lpk type stuff , maybe this limits his liability ?? +100 to J and J armory for having the balls to be a oll based store in the OC ,,although they do have some employees who were not 100% up on all the info and one guy was fumbleing a lower assembly for a customer ,struggling with the roll pin 4 the bolt catch tapping it with a hammer gouging the masink tape on the lower ,, i'll build it myself thanks ,,, but i bought my stag lower there and lpk and mags ,, fair prices and good stuff in stock ,,, fowlers has a big selection of safe firearms but get grumpy when asked about oll's ,, a bit pricey too ,, thats my impressions from recent visits , each shop seems to have strengths and weaknesses , and i would encourage everyone to support their local shops , even if its just a mag or a box o ammo , you may encourage them to better suit your needs , they may need it after dealing with the govt. , insurance co. , competition from wallmart and big5 and internet sources ,problem customers , bass pro shops , and any number of other things that drag down a regular buisness trying to survive in kalifornia's wonderful world of regulations ( may i see your compressor permit ? what ? you don't have a special permit for that air compressor ,, how bout this pallette rack , let me see your arcetectural drawings for this with load ratings for each shelf ,,,, i,m not joking , i've heard both of these from an inspector )

SJshooter
12-15-2007, 2:20 PM
I know what the original poster is talking about. But just think about the type of yahoos that come into a gun store and how much stupid crap the average guy behind the counter must deal with day in and day out. I'm sure day doesn't go by that some complete imbecile comes in and either mishandles a gun for sale, or sweeps the employee with the muzzle while checking it out, or asking not jus dumb questions but questions that make you think "geez, I don't think this guy should own a gun."

I heard a joke once: What is the difference between a gun store employee and a stagecoach driver? Answer: The stagecoach driver only has to look at six a-holes all day.

I think that pretty much sums it up - my guess is that working in a gun store can make you jaded really, really fast.

rue
12-15-2007, 5:27 PM
Seems like shops in Socal are a little better maybe from most of your answers. I need to move.

River Jack
12-15-2007, 5:41 PM
+1 for Bright Spot Pawn. Chris and Brian have great customer service skills, are honest, willing to talk shop about whatever, and are just hands down good people. BSP is my favorite shop in my area.

My experiences at other shops have not been as well received. As far as I can tell (from my own experience), many of the gun shop employees are a bunch of incompetent dill weeds that think they know it all and that you (the customer) are not worthy of their time. Again, there are always exceptions.

Just my $0.02.

Salty
12-15-2007, 5:59 PM
Well, once at Outdoor World I overheard the employee who was helping my GF and I, say under his breath to another employee, "I hate how people come in here just and look, nobody ever buys anything" as we shopped for HD pistols. Granted we had no intent of making a purchase THAT day, but had the intent of coming back once we made up or minds, kinda like you might do when looking for a new car.

Another time at Big 5 I told asked an employee "can somebody help me at the gun counter, I'd like to buy a gun". Her jaw then dropped and I saw the fear wash across her face then she uttered "ya ya you w w want to b b by a g g gun?". She avoided the gun counter all together and told me to come back on Monday and ask for the manager. I was bothered both by her apparent fear of all that is guns an the fact that they didn't have anyone at the store who was allowed to work the gun counter.

elroy
12-15-2007, 7:44 PM
90% of big 5 employees are high school age and over 90% of the store is for something other than gun stuff ,,, you should expect the manager would not trust them to sell a gun with all the laws , paperwork , dros ,,, you really think a 16 yr old girl would be up on all that ? though i'm surprised the mgr wasn't there to handle it

dfletcher
12-15-2007, 7:54 PM
I heard a joke once: What is the difference between a gun store employee and a stagecoach driver? Answer: The stagecoach driver only has to look at six a-holes all day.

With your OK, I'd like to borrow that at my work from time to time ....

SJshooter
12-15-2007, 8:02 PM
With your OK, I'd like to borrow that at my work from time to time ....

Not my joke, so go ahead. I've heard the same joke applied to poker dealers. I'm sure there are other versions, too.

Greg-Dawg
12-15-2007, 9:50 PM
Possible reason why the gun store dude gave you a hard time:

1. Sick and tired of every gang banger wanna be coming into the shop.
2. Sick and tired of BATF/DOJ/tree huggers/liberals wanting to tear down their shop.
3. Sick and tired of answering every newbie that a Glock isn't made out of ceramic and can go through metal detectors undetected.
4. Sick and tired of customers complaining...etc.

Yes people have their good days and people have their bad days. Support your local gun shop by having a polite smile on your face and mentally appreciate them on their 2nd Amendment vow.

Get over it please.

rue
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Possible reason why the gun store dude gave you a hard time:

1. Sick and tired of every gang banger wanna be coming into the shop.
2. Sick and tired of BATF/DOJ/tree huggers/liberals wanting to tear down their shop.
3. Sick and tired of answering every newbie that a Glock isn't made out of ceramic and can go through metal detectors undetected.
4. Sick and tired of customers complaining...etc.

Yes people have their good days and people have their bad days. Support your local gun shop by having a polite smile on your face and mentally appreciate them on their 2nd Amendment vow.

Get over it please.

I understand where your post is coming from but I'm not any of those people on your list. I wouldn't have even posted but it's not one shop in particular it seems to be a general trend in my town. Personally I can take my business elsewhere for shops that treat people like that. I'm not going to smile and appreciate them for treating me like my business isn't wanted. It's too bad for the second guy because I wanted a pistol he actually had in stock and I wanted to buy it right on the spot but after thinking about how I was treated I passed on the buy and I'll just go to another place for it. If I'm paying over
1k for a pistol they can at least act like they want to sell me something.

Greg-Dawg
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Don't get me wrong rue. I've had my share of bad experiences at shops from Nor Cal, Central Cal and SoCal...I left with frustration, discouragement and NEVER want to go to that shop again.

I'm running out of gun shops to go to now, that's why I order online and have a good FFL dealer friend who knows his stuff.

I just like to see both sides of the story. I can't imagine what else is going on in that gun store dude's head. But at the same time...I'd NEVER want to work at gun store.

rue
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I can imagine the people on your list, in fact I've been in shops when those types come in. I once watched a guy who couldn't speak english trying to buy a gun and the guy's kid was translating. I was thinking ok if he can't speak or read english he should be shown the door.

Moonclip
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
An HSC book is printed in Spanish and green card holders are allowed to purchase firearms.

JTROKS
12-16-2007, 4:19 AM
I've been treated bad at some places, some jlerks behind the counter won't even greet me. Is it my saggy and baggy pants that I'm stepping on and drag all over the place dirty? Is it the red or blue bandana that is sticking out of my pocket? Don't they know what a gat or cap is? :D

Actually I've been treated unfairly in some gun shops, I tend to just walk around if there are multiple clerks in the shop and find one that makes an eye contact with a smile, usually the, "What you lookin' for?" is the typical question. I've work in a gunshop also and I have to admit that it's hard not to stereotype young men wearing gang type clothing and only want to see the ahtamatic 9 em em or 40. Yep! I remember them days when my partner unsnaps the holster holding a 1911 and putting it in condition 1 - I usually concur and have mine the same. I would like to treat everyone fairly, but some folks just make it too hard for me to accomplish that.

JTROKS

Mike's Custom
12-16-2007, 10:31 AM
After reading these post I have to answer. As a FFL we are subject to everything you hear about. we have to answer questions to athorities anytime they ask. Being a FFL is not like any other retail business. we can go to jail or have serious penalties for common mistakes. We can be sued by giving wrong information or for just about any reason whether it is true a lie or "just because". Firearms dealing is a very personal thing to both the buyer and seller and I have made some great friends and learned a great deal from my customers, both good and bad. I can remember most guns I have sold and to who even if I can't remember their names. I can also remeber the people that have been looky loos for years and never bought anything from me. I try to treat them all the same but sometimes you just may not have time to answer another question for someone that isn't going to buy anything again. I have had one guy come by or call asking advice and I answer him as best I can because anyone taking their time to ask is a potential customer for me and in this case he has referred others to me. Sometimes it is also in the atitude of the customer when they come in so the dealer isn't always to blame. I know it is hard to buy guns in CA these days but remember, it is harder to be a FFL holder in CA these days so when you find a dealer that is helpful and service minded show your support by purchasing something and not just wanting the "deal" or internet bargin transferd that doesn't benefit him. There really isn't any other business that is under more pressure then a firearms dealer and that come from the regulations and the customers. I have had people complain about $20 on a $800 rifle and then go to the internet and buy a $800 scope and not even offer the dealer a chance at the sale.

So, next time your in a gun store just be glad they are in business and ask the guy behind the counter how he is doing once in a while. Hey, we can all use more friends.

rivviepop
12-16-2007, 10:47 AM
So, next time your in a gun store just be glad they are in business and ask the guy behind the counter how he is doing once in a while. Hey, we can all use more friends.

Two thumbs up, that's how I treat my trips to the shops. Crack a joke, bring a little humour to the a**hole filled days of my shop people to let 'em know we're not all bad customers. Personally I think all my local shops are great with nice people.

andrey320
12-16-2007, 3:33 PM
I've found a great little gun shop where the owner is very nice and knowledgable. He sat down with me for a while and described and showed me the gun I was there to purchase (glock 26) and then told me about the different options I have. I ended up getting the XD subcompact 9mm. Very nice store, many guns, great prices, gun price list online, friedly staff...!
Highly recommended!
Located in Calabasas - Salvo industries
http://ammotech.com/

N6ATF
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Two thumbs up, that's how I treat my trips to the shops. Crack a joke, bring a little humour to the a**hole filled days of my shop people to let 'em know we're not all bad customers. Personally I think all my local shops are great with nice people.

I brought the CG humor to my FFL. Told him the story about how the ATF were auditing and not paying attention to customers, and the workers at the shop were accused of being inattentive and rude, when they weren't even in the front.

ivanimal
12-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I can imagine the people on your list, in fact I've been in shops when those types come in. I once watched a guy who couldn't speak english trying to buy a gun and the guy's kid was translating. I was thinking ok if he can't speak or read english he should be shown the door.

Are you saying only English speaking people are allowed to own guns in your world?

Crazed_SS
12-16-2007, 11:46 PM

Because only people speaking English should be able to defend themselves right? :rolleyes:

But anyway, I empathize with gun shop employees. They have to constantly deal with know-it-alls and people who just come into the store to finger the guns and have no intention of ever buying anything. When I go to a gun shop, I rarely ever even ask to touch or see anything if I dont plan on buying. .

Moonclip
12-17-2007, 1:13 AM
Agree with you 100% I hate window shoppers in gun shops,at least step aside for a sec and let me conduct my business and let a serious buyer peek in the case. I alsot never ask to see a gun I have no intention of possibly buying or passing the info to another serious buyer.

I plan on transferring a pistol to a very limited English speaking green card holder for FREE soon,my second gun I'm giving this guy. A hard worker and a decent fellow. I'm fairly conservative in my beliefs but when it comes to guns and self defense, a basic human right, I generally welcome all. We need all the help we can get against anti gunners and their poison.

rue
12-17-2007, 7:43 AM
Are you saying only English speaking people are allowed to own guns in your world?

Are you bait questioning me?

rue
12-17-2007, 7:50 AM
Because only people speaking English should be able to defend themselves right? :rolleyes:

I don't remember saying that but since you decided to post about my comment I believe if you're not a U.S. citizen you shouldn't have the right to buy a gun.

12-17-2007, 8:16 AM
Turn a "rude" (or just ignoring-you) gun store employee into your friend, ask them how to clean a certain part or explain to you how something works and they'll be your friend. Usually the guys who seem rude are just waiting for someone to talk to about gun stuff besides putting your paws on a toy.

That's my experience, at least. I usually use the "I've got a lot of copper in the bbl I can't seem to clean, what's your opinion on these 5 cleaners and what would you do?" and let them talk about Butch's Bore Shine for awhile. :) (or if it's a collectible chop ask how to identify real Nazi markings or explain how old 45 black powders work or something)

I do not have any problems with my FFL. He is always willing to help and more then happy to bulls*** for a while.

I refuse to play dumb so jacka** behind a counter will assist me. There are many great FFLs out there, but if you play dumb in a place like Big 5 or Turners, be prepared to have a whole lot of s*** shoveled your way.

Salty
12-17-2007, 8:26 AM
90% of big 5 employees are high school age and over 90% of the store is for something other than gun stuff ,,, you should expect the manager would not trust them to sell a gun with all the laws , paperwork , dros ,,, you really think a 16 yr old girl would be up on all that ? though i'm surprised the mgr wasn't there to handle it

Yeah I know what your sayin'. I don't expect all employees to be able to man the gun counter, but I expect there to always be someone on hand. With that said everyone in the store had to have been at least 21 that night, and the lady I was talking to, at least 30.

Soldier415
12-17-2007, 8:28 AM
I strongly believe that it all boils down to leadership. The employee’s attitudes generally reflect that of the owner (leader). A shop who’s owner has a great attitude, a dedication to customer service, and a genuine desire to be the best out there...will tend to have employees that reflect that attitude.

It works on the opposite coin as well.

Those of you that have been in the military know what I am talking about. If you got to a unit with a strong leader as Commander/1SG...it is reflected in the troops. If you go to a unit with a crapbag commander, you get surly, unmotivated troops with low morale.

A good leader will inspire his subordinates, impart to them his vision, and work closely to ensure they buy in to it. Those that don’t need to be removed from the equation.

JTROKS
12-17-2007, 9:22 AM
Those of you that have been in the military know what I am talking about. If you got to a unit with a strong leader as Commander/1SG...it is reflected in the troops. If you go to a unit with a crapbag commander, you get surly, unmotivated troops with low morale.

A good leader will inspire his subordinates, impart to them his vision, and work closely to ensure they buy in to it. Those that don’t need to be removed from the equation.

Roger That! But sometimes we're all human after all. Leaders tend to make new leaders from their own image, and politics gets the best out of folks. A great leader is a leader of all men and women, sets the standards and rewards subordinates when they have excelled the standards. Lay the law down, tell them you are expected to meet the standards, don't expect extra by meeting standards that's what they are paying you for. In Japan, store clerks and restaurant workers are trained to greet and welcome every person that walks in the door. How often do you see that in the US? Do you think Haji from Arabia wearing his traditional headcover will get a greet at the door in a gunshop in the US?

JTROKS

MudCamper
12-17-2007, 9:57 AM
rue, I have similar experiences, or worse, in most gun shops. Rarely do I have a good experience. Most of the owners/employees that I have encountered are either a-hole know-it-alls or just down-right grumpy human beings. There are the rare exceptions, but I totally understand what you are saying, and also don't understand what the deal is. I've found a local FFL who is a really great guy so now I order as much as I can through him. He's long guns only though, so I have to endure the odd shop behavior when shopping for handguns.

SFFRONTMAN
12-17-2007, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=MudCamper;886039]rue, I have similar experiences, or worse, in most gun shops. Rarely do I have a good experience. Most of the owners/employees that I have encountered are either a-hole know-it-alls or just down-right grumpy human beings.

I'm not grumpy unless its a Monday morning.....:chris: But I love shootin the breeze with customers, learning something new, and im glad to offer some advice if ever asked, although my knowldge is limited to glocks and shotguns.

rivviepop
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM

oh dude, do I have stories - both sides of the coin and can give many anecdotes from the ****tiest leader I ever had. Our platoon Sgt. (E-6) had a serious chip on his shoulder, and truth be told I don't think he liked white guys that much. Me (generic white guy) and him seemed to not get along, but was just a lowly E-1 -> E-3 at the time - I caught the brunt of some seriously f*cked up "leadership" (like being accused of sleeping on guard duty when I wasn't even there!). And then I had *great* E-7s who lead by example and were the guys who you'd follow into hell and back, no matter who you were. It all just comes down tot he person, as you mention...

(sorry offtopic rant I got all riled up remembering that crap)

N6ATF
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't remember saying that but since you decided to post about my comment I believe if you're not a U.S. citizen you shouldn't have the right to buy a gun.

Reasonable, to a point...

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

The following classes of people are ineligible to possess, receive, ship, or transport firearms or ammunition:
Illegal aliens.
Citizens who have renounced their citizenship.

Permanent residents should though, because they've already proven they can follow the law.

gunrun45
12-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I share your frustrations. Its not limited to the Sac area obviously.
Try River City gun exchange off fruitridge.
They have some fixed mag OLL on the shelf (AK, AR's, etc...).
Lots of folks working there, take your time and ask questions. They will help you.

The owner has his LE AW and class III license so he isn't going to bend any rules, but the shop has its act together for the most part. They also just moved to a larger shop about 2 doors down from their last spot. Its in the same shoping center.

carl8808
12-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree with Miltiades. I live in San Diego as well and there is really only 2 shops i can think of here in the SD area i will not go in to buy anything. An old buddy of mine is the manager up at Turner's and he will go out of his way for people as well as his staff. DGM has some of the best prices, most knowledgeable staff i know of.
Usually the worst places are the overweight former military guy who tries to act like he was in SPECWAR and knows everything. I am military, and i have been in more firefights than this guy has seen on TV. Guys like that just want to bs and feel important. Dont hold it against the shop unless the whole staff is a bunch of asses. Every place has that "one guy"

rue
12-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I share your frustrations. Its not limited to the Sac area obviously.
Try River City gun exchange off fruitridge.
They have some fixed mag OLL on the shelf (AK, AR's, etc...).
Lots of folks working there, take your time and ask questions. They will help you.

The owner has his LE AW and class III license so he isn't going to bend any rules, but the shop has its act together for the most part. They also just moved to a larger shop about 2 doors down from their last spot. Its in the same shoping center.

I usually buy there and I've never saw an OLL anywhere in there. Some of them are helpful but the older asian guy and another ex cop white guy tend to rub me the wrong way. Especially the second guy. A friend wanted to buy a shotgun so we went there and we were comparing what they had and I mentioned how I hate how much play the Mossi 500 has in the slide when compared to an 870 ( I prefer the 870's) and he was making a bunch of comments about how it's doesn't matter and basically acting like I don't know anything about shotguns or something. I just ignored this but I did kinda get pissed considering I was bringing them business (my friend did buy a nice nova from them). It's not like I yelled the 500 was a piece of **** while someone was buying it or something. My friend asked my opinion and I gave it to him.
This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I started the thread...

I'm not bad mouthing the shop however like I said I buy my guns there usually. I found a great deal on a rifle there, police trade ins are great there, etc.. There is a guy there on crutches that's very cool and I've had dealings with him in the past that were great.