PDA

View Full Version : Europe on gun control

bulgron
12-14-2007, 5:49 PM
Looks like (http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/11/29/europe/29union.php) europe is enacting some new sweeping gun controls. And why not? Gun controls, civil liberties, they're just the same as cows.

"We in Europe have a different culture than in the United States and we do not consider the freedom to buys weapons a human right," said Gisela Kallenbach, a German member of the European Parliament from the Green group, who helped draft the proposed law. "All European cows are registered Europe-wide, so why not guns, if it can save lives? Civil liberties can be sacrificed if we can prevent people from being killed."

Oh, and by the way, I think it's shocking that all the cows are registered in Europe. What's up with that? And, yes, I believe there are those who want similar registration (http://www.familyfarmdefenders.org/pmwiki.php/FoodSovereingty/LivestockRegistrationLawOpposed) of livestock here in the US. Really, the world's governments have gotten far too intrusive over the last half a century.

But I guess I'm preaching to the choir here in this forum. :mad:

M. Sage
12-14-2007, 6:04 PM
Bah, a lot of Europeans do consider it a right to own guns. She's talking out her keister (as all gun control supporters do.)

People = cows? Interesting... She considers the people dumb livestock? (Yes, I know I'm mixing the quote up, but not by much!)

hoffmang
12-14-2007, 6:12 PM
Cows are registered for infectious disease reasons I bet. A registered cow that gets sick can have all the cows he's been in contact with tracked down and destroyed.

-Gene

elenius
12-14-2007, 6:50 PM
Cows are registered for infectious disease reasons I bet. A registered cow that gets sick can have all the cows he's been in contact with tracked down and destroyed.

-Gene

And to keep track of them for farm subsidies. Half of the EU's common budget goes to agriculture. And last I heard, 6% of the entire budget goes to olive growing, and yet olive oil is expensive as hell where I came from (Sweden).