PDA

View Full Version : Please ignore silly CRPA memo re: microstamping...

bwiese
12-14-2007, 12:09 PM
In another thread, a Calgunner copied a CRPA memo exhorting CA gunnies to contact various handgun mfgrs about microstampting.

I WISH THE CRPA WOULD S.T.F.U....

It appears CRPA has not read the law and they're apparently looking for a bit of drama to support fundraising - maybe Kathy Lynch & Jerry Upholt are looking for a few bucks extra by shaking the tree and seeing if gunmakers will send them some money.

I'd appreciate it if Calgunners did not jump on this bandwagon, as it (1) does nothing to help, and (2) it may actually spread misinformation & paranoia to gun mfgrs, especially the smaller ones.

A reasoned careful analysis of AB1471 indicates there are exploitable roadblocks to implementation. Intelligent people can quietly discuss this with handgun mfgrs in the proper venue.

If CRPA's Kathy & Jerry were so concerned about this, maybe they'd have spent more effort to shut up GOC's "leader", Sam Paredes - who brought you both AB1471 and AB821 due to his ego and incompetence.

thmpr
12-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks Bill for the Heads up. I have cancelled all donations to CRPA and diverted to NRA, who is theeeeeeeeeeeee only organization helping us in CA!!!!

bwiese
12-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks Bill for the Heads up. I have cancelled all donations to CRPA and diverted to NRA, who is theeeeeeeeeeeee only organization helping us in CA!!!!

It would be nice indeed if all 'progun' organizations could move in step and not have to worry about private lobbying income (CRPA), or ego/relevance (GOC).

Perhaps having brighter people would help: GOC actually had created and driven a bill (fortunately it died, 2218) that would've given minor gains in AW field in turn for creation of 'constructive possession' of AWs. Idiots.

G17GUY
12-14-2007, 4:05 PM
will do:chris:

TTT
12-14-2007, 4:32 PM
A reasoned careful analysis of AB1471 indicates there are exploitable roadblocks to implementation. Intelligent people can quietly discuss this with handgun mfgrs in the proper venue.

Im sure you have good reasons to be vague, but naturally that makes your case a little thin. Asking manufactures not to adopt microstamping seems like a good idea- Id rather see fewer guns available to Californians than see microstamping spread to other states. Can you flesh out your argument against it at all?

Hunter
12-14-2007, 4:52 PM
I’m sure you have good reasons to be vague, but naturally that makes your case a little thin. Asking manufactures not to adopt microstamping seems like a good idea- I’d rather see fewer guns available to Californians than see microstamping spread to other states. Can you flesh out your argument against it at all?

Pages of the reasons why on this thread. It has been an on going discussion topic for quite a while now.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=72049

chris
12-14-2007, 4:55 PM
Screw the GOC and Sam Paredes. Thanks for nothing Sam!:94:

slidecatch
12-14-2007, 7:25 PM
If CRPA's Kathy & Jerry were so concerned about this, maybe they'd have spent more effort to shut up GOC's "leader", Sam Paredes - who brought you both AB1471 and AB821 due to his ego and incompetence.

Who exactly is Sam Paredes and how did his ego bring us both AB 1471 and AB 821?

bwiese
12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Who exactly is Sam Paredes and how did his ego bring us both AB 1471 and AB 821?

Sam Paredes runs a private company called GOC (Gun Owners of CA). It's nominally a 'membership' group but with no elections you just give them money and pray they do something wise.

Unfortunately Sam picked the wrong time for a bit of ego-boosting drama in an attempt to maintain relevance - he fought a battle that didn't need to be fought in order to lose the related war. Here's what I had to say summarizing things:

AB1471/AB821 postmortem:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=73228

GOC's Sam Paredes' non-response/nondenial response:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=74140

My response to Sam's response:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=820226&postcount=62

Timeline of events gathered by TenPercentFirearms (Wes):
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=819943&postcount=51

CavTrooper
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Im wanting to understand.

We DONT want firearms manufactures to adopt microstamping do we?

I would rather see the manufactures stop selling anything that could end up in the hands of LE in this state and stop selling directly to agencies in the state as well.

Loopholes and workarounds are good but what we need is a flat out repeal of all unconstitutional firearms laws, who is working for that?

I read somewheres that the NRA supported the lead ammo ban in the condor range, this cant be true can it?

Please, all this misinformation and shady backdoor action is retarded, someone needs to be up front and honest with the people.

WHO IS FIGHTING FOR US AND WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

bwiese
12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Im wanting to understand.
We DONT want firearms manufactures to adopt microstamping do we?

Likely not, unless it turns out the state happened to approve something "just to get it done" but had zero effect/limited cost, etc.

That won't happen however. The way the law was drafted there are a bunch of legal criteria on patents/intellectual property included. These can stop implementation

I would rather see the manufactures stop selling anything that could end up in the hands of LE in this state and stop selling directly to agencies in the state as well.

Unfortunately the law that was passed has LE exemptions so that's moot. If the legislature passes gun laws they will always have LE exemptions.

In certain cass, LE exemptions can help us. The LE exemption for AWs for nonduty use is a perfect example - and that will come up in upcoming court fights.

I read somewheres that the NRA supported the lead ammo ban in the condor range, this cant be true can it?

Hmmm you must read things in funny places, the NRA was battling this tooth & nail. We had both lead ammo bill and microstamping bill 'in the bag' until GOC screwed up & created drama at the wrong time (since they're political idiots).

Please, all this misinformation and shady backdoor action is retarded, someone needs to be up front and honest with the people.

The NRA is there every day for us and can generally stop things when they're not f**ked by others (GOC, CRPA). It's called playing politics, and much of those rules set by others. We have no choice but to play, but if we play we can win if we're smart & careful.

Shady backdoor action may be retarded but secret squirrel stuff does help us given the demographics of CA. I'm beginning to think we have some legislators up there that can't vote against an antigun bill because of their district but are glad to add amendments reducing the effects of such laws.

hoffmang
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM

Yep. No one does anything for our side. No work at all.

What have you done? All I see you doing is insulting the people who are doing real work for our side by ignoring them and casting aspersion. Score one for the Brady Campaign and nice own goal there Cav.

-Gen

CavTrooper
12-15-2007, 3:27 PM
Yep. No one does anything for our side. No work at all.

What have you done? All I see you doing is insulting the people who are doing real work for our side by ignoring them and casting aspersion. Score one for the Brady Campaign and nice own goal there Cav.

-Gen

Im asking questions so I can better understand, sorry if that is offensive to you. There is much misinformation spread and I would like to wade through it to find the truth. I like to see, first hand, what one group/person or another has accomplished, not take someones word for it.
As far as what I have done, not as much as you, but more than most.

hoffmang
12-16-2007, 4:29 PM
Cav,

Then I have a concern. Are you reading the same forum I am? If you are you would have read the very detailed thread about both Microstamping implementation patent issues and the couple of threads about the political mis-steps that lead to the Governor signing the Microstamping bill in the first place.

Partially the frustration is that you are asking those of us who work hard to do the effort of finding or posting the link that answers your not exactly even handed inquiries. As many have said before, search is your friend. Learn to love it so you aren't externalizing effort due to your lack of reading on those of us who are actually trying to help.

-Gene

N6ATF
12-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Or if that well-worded reply isn't good for your learning style, here's a brilliant animation:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Sawdust
12-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I threw my CRPA renewal in the trash weeks ago...I feel sooooo much cleaner...

Sawdust

In another thread, a Calgunner copied a CRPA memo exhorting CA gunnies to contact various handgun mfgrs about microstampting.

I WISH THE CRPA WOULD S.T.F.U....

It appears CRPA has not read the law and they're apparently looking for a bit of drama to support fundraising - maybe Kathy Lynch & Jerry Upholt are looking for a few bucks extra by shaking the tree and seeing if gunmakers will send them some money.

I'd appreciate it if Calgunners did not jump on this bandwagon, as it (1) does nothing to help, and (2) it may actually spread misinformation & paranoia to gun mfgrs, especially the smaller ones.