PDA

View Full Version : another non-list gun question.

Cpl_Peters
12-13-2007, 9:47 PM
So lets say there is a no longer listed handgun already in CA up for auction on gunbroker from someone in California. This person got the weapon when it was on the list but now wants to sell it. It is my understanding that I can buy this from him. The question is....since I live in SoCal what if this person lives in NorCal and i do not want to drive up there but still want this weapon due to its legal CA non listed status. I can have it shipped to another FFL down here to do the paper work right? Or does it count as a dealer sale then and I am SOL?

bwiese
12-13-2007, 10:05 PM
It's a little more involved, but you can do a "distant PPT" as long as both parties are CA residents. Since it's still a PPT the gun can be a non-Rostered handgun.

It's a tad more work for the source FFL, so work a price into the deal to keep him happy and your recipient FFL happy.

The source FFL has to copy the seller's ID & info and ship the gun, the ID copy etc down to the receiving FFL, and it's run as a 'gun show transaction' on the recipient's FFL computer.

Search Calgunner 'mscale5' post awhile back how to do this, he was an FFL.

Don't try to be cheap with the FFLs, as this is abnormal/takes-more-effort situation.

Cpl_Peters
12-14-2007, 5:31 AM
thanks!