PDA

View Full Version : Female Homeowner Shoots Intruder

bodyarmorguy27
12-13-2007, 7:35 AM
She's my hero. And she's a babe, to boot!

http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=194792

Woman Who Shot Intruder 3 Times Talks To KNBC

POSTED: 6:28 pm PST December 12, 2007
UPDATED: 6:54 pm PST December 12, 2007

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- A female homeowner who shot a male intruder in her back yard in October 2006 spoke to KNBC's Laurel Erickson on Wednesday, one day after a jury found the man guilty of all charges.

Nadine Teter shot Michael Lugo twice in the stomach and once in the leg after he broke into her Canyon Country home.

Lugo broke the lock on Teter's door and barged in. She fled to the back yard with her gun, according to police.

"He was coming at me. He was yelling. I shot him to stop him," Teter said. "He went down. He got back up. Came back at me. I shot him again. I shot him again, and he turned around and jumped back over the fence. (He) disappeared."

Teter testified against Lugo and his mother, Cynthia Brandon, who drove the getaway car during the Oct. 18, 2006, attack. Both were convicted Tuesday.

While Teter talked to law enforcement that night, Brandon flagged down a deputy heading to Teter. She told him her son was bleeding to death.

"It was terrifying, absolutely terrifying," Teter said.

"Did you have any second thoughts about testifying against him out of fear for yourself?" Erickson asked.

"A little bit, but I knew I had to do it. We needed to get him locked up, put away," Teter said.

Teter said she thinks that every woman should carry a gun.

"Never in a million years, did I think I would use (the gun) -- never. And whatever higher power, whatever gave me the strength to pull that trigger ... You're looking at him or me. My life or his life. I was not going to get raped. I was not going to get murdered. There was no way -- and I didn't," Teter said.

Teter said she was grateful to all the people who helped convict Lugo.

"You know, for something as horrible as this to happen, it could not have ended up any better," Teter said.

Lugo and his mother face sentencing on Feb. 29.

dondo
12-13-2007, 7:54 AM
Uhhh...his mother? Creepy. Good for this girl kickin some azz and not being a victim.

Fjold
12-13-2007, 7:56 AM
His mother was his driver for an assault/robbery/rape?

There is something seriously wrong with these people.

12-13-2007, 8:20 AM
His mother was his driver for an assault/robbery/rape?

There is something seriously wrong with these people.

I find amazing and disgusting at the same time that a man would ask his mother to take him to do a home invasion. Even more horrifying is the fact that his mother was willing to go all with it. Now there are some family values. If I asked my mother to do some crap like that, I would get picked up by the police, not her. Double kudos for Nadine Teter. Not only did she shoot the SOB, but then her testimony got mom and son incarcerated.

USN CHIEF
12-13-2007, 8:27 AM
Freaking outstanding lady. Good deadly force discipline. Shoot, evaluate, shoot, evaluate, shoot. Darn good. Bravo Zulu to her.

jmlivingston
12-13-2007, 8:36 AM
Shot three times and the guy still jumped over a fence? She needs something with a little more oomph to it.

John

zinfull
12-13-2007, 9:13 AM
I seem to remember that the mother asked the kid to do the robbery and drove him to he house. She was the "mastermind" in the crime.

Jerry

savasyn
12-13-2007, 9:14 AM
Good for her!
I forwarded this to my wife as inspiration. :)

pullnshoot25
12-13-2007, 9:15 AM
She did everything by the book. This is a big win for us gunners.

She is also pretty damned cute too.

AJAX22
12-13-2007, 9:44 AM
Great shoot! shame the scumbag didn't croak, it would have saved the taxpayers a bunch of money.

Shot three times and he still ran away? we need to get that lady a bigger gun.

dwtt
12-13-2007, 9:55 AM
I seem to remember that the mother asked the kid to do the robbery and drove him to he house. She was the "mastermind" in the crime.

Jerry

This is very common in the projects in San Francisco. The mother will have the kids steal or sell drugs because the kids are under aged and will just go to juvenile hall, then released. When the kids grow up, they have them do more serious crimes, like bank robberies, holding up 7-11's, car jacking, etc... This is the result of the liberals' welfare society started in the 1960's and being expanded by the Democrats today.
If regular decent citizens were to see what happens in the housing projects, the resulting outrage would put a stop to the liberal Democrats who keep supporting these criminal factories.

N6ATF
12-13-2007, 1:33 PM
It's a family affair!

Wonder if her dog alerted and what the caliber was.

TimG
12-13-2007, 2:23 PM
I saw this on MSNBC this morning. it was there for a few hours then replaced with "Gunman assaults El Pollo Loco employes" God forbid they put up a positive firearms story.

Kelvrick
12-13-2007, 2:55 PM
Maybe just me, but the mom's name is Brandon? I could see a way that it could have turned out better though. The bastard could have saved us some tax dollars.

EDIT: Just watched the video, that's the mom's last name.

CalNRA
12-13-2007, 3:03 PM
If regular decent citizens were to see what happens in the housing projects, the resulting outrage would put a stop to the liberal Democrats who keep supporting these criminal factories.

no it wouldn't. They'll just keep voting for gun bans and throw more tax money (that they didn't pay much of) at it to feel better.

bwiese
12-13-2007, 3:49 PM
If the favorable outcome of Lugo ending up dead had occurred, his mom could've ended up with the death penalty.

I'm guessing Lugo's behavior (and that of his mother) is that of fired-up meth heads.

bodyarmorguy27
12-13-2007, 4:52 PM
I think it's sad that some California voters decided a few years back (PROP 36) that illegal narcotics are a victimless crime and treatment is the answer. We are all the victims of their affliction for chemical stimulation. All types of thievery, burglaries, car theft, copper wire theft. Heck, 29 Palms is getting overrun by tweakers trying to scrap metal and ordnance on the base.

Recently, it hasn't been meth or rock cocaine that I've been coming across on the street, it's good ol heroin. Black tar type.

Pthfndr
12-13-2007, 5:45 PM
My GF will love this story!

ldivinag
12-13-2007, 9:12 PM
[brady bunch spew]

Ms. Teter should not have gone and taken the laws in her own hands.

We have found numerous examples where the intruder had a gun and shot the homeowner.

She should have just dropped her gun and beg the intruder for mercy. Or she should have just dialed 911 and waited for the police.

Again, we at the Brady Bunch believe Ms Teter is incorrect in her choices...

[/brady bunch spew]