PDA

View Full Version : NDS-3 Receiver Questions

NRAhighpowershooter
12-12-2007, 4:32 PM
ok.. looking over the info on the NoDak site..Some of the featuresthe NDS-3 DOES NOT HAVE are:

top rail step-down

laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole

is this a problem and the receiver has to be worked on after I try to assemble it?

PLINK
12-12-2007, 4:58 PM
ok.. looking over the info on the NoDak site..Some of the featuresthe NDS-3 DOES NOT HAVE are:

top rail step-down

laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole

is this a problem and the receiver has to be worked on after I try to assemble it?

Some minor filing (magwell, ejector) may need to be done but you want know this until you get it together.

Those items above are not needed for the rifle to function. Their premium receiver comes with those features IIRC.

NRAhighpowershooter
12-12-2007, 5:02 PM
I'm assuming that the NDS-1 is their premium receiver? Will the NDS-1 work with the Romy G kits?

FEDUPWBS
12-12-2007, 5:03 PM
what he said nds3 is best receiver out there for the $

FEDUPWBS
12-12-2007, 5:04 PM
nds 1 is more work as the trunnion holes are not predrilled

NRAhighpowershooter
12-12-2007, 5:16 PM
nds 1 is more work as the trunnion holes are not predrilled

aaahh... ok.. I'll get the NDS-3 then :D

wayoutwest
12-12-2007, 5:19 PM
The NDS-3 still may need a little file work around the trunion holes as each kit may vary a little.

Its a good receiver

Bladewurk
12-12-2007, 8:03 PM
I built 4, last 2 on NDS-1,the premium receiver is worth the extra work IMHO..

thedrickel
12-12-2007, 8:04 PM
In my experience with about 10 NDS3's, if you line up the trunnion with the mag well rivets, the trunnion will stick out a little bit in the front but mags will fit perfectly. If you line up with the front rivet holes, the trunnion will be flush in the front but you'll have to dremel the back of the mag well & selector stop plate. I've never had one that didn't need some of the holes egged a little bit. Nothing major, just FYI so you can decide which route you want to go.

M. Sage
12-12-2007, 8:14 PM
On mine, we had to:

Slightly elongate four of the trunnion holes. IIRC, we left the bottom holes alone and elongated the top ones.

Cut a second trigger hook channel. I've heard that double-hook triggers are the way to go with an NDS-3 because they help avoid the hole-stretch problem.

The shape of the receiver didn't exactly match the shape of the rear support, until we screwed it into a vise. :p

Later, I had to do some light Dremel work on the sides of the mag hole, because it was a bit too tight. Mags pop in easy now, but won't rattle around.

If you want to look at a naked NDS-3, let me know. I've got a second receiver sitting here till I get the dough around for another parts kit. I decided to split the DROS between two of them - it didn't make sense to me to spend $60 on a transfer for something that only cost $55. :p

NRAhighpowershooter
12-12-2007, 9:01 PM
If you want to look at a naked NDS-3, let me know. I've got a second receiver sitting here till I get the dough around for another parts kit. I decided to split the DROS between two of them - it didn't make sense to me to spend $60 on a transfer for something that only cost $55. :p

Thanks for the offer... My FFL is holding onto 2 other receivers right now and he'll wait until the NDS-3 shows up and DROS them all for me for $40 :D