PDA

View Full Version : New M1A flash hider w/ bayo lug?

savasyn
12-11-2007, 8:49 PM
I have a registered post federal ban/pre Kali ban M1A that has a flash hider without a bayo lug on it. I'd like to replace it with one that does have a bayo lug.

Where would be a good place to find one? Can I just call up SA and get one through them? Will they even ship them to Kali even though, as a part, they are legal?

Will replacing it cause any other problems, perhaps with sight alignment. I've never removed the current one, so I don't know if it only goes on one way or anything.

Thanks!

bwiese
12-11-2007, 8:51 PM
I'm sure you could get one from Brownell's or used on one of the M14 forums.

I dunno why you wanna go to that grief though.

jdberger
12-11-2007, 8:53 PM
Replacing the FH on an M1A is relatively straightforward. Unlock the castle nut and slip it off.

You would definately have to re-zero.

12-11-2007, 8:57 PM
I have a registered post federal ban/pre Kali ban M1A that has a flash hider without a bayo lug on it. I'd like to replace it with one that does have a bayo lug.

Where would be a good place to find one? Can I just call up SA and get one through them? Will they even ship them to Kali even though, as a part, they are legal?

Will replacing it cause any other problems, perhaps with sight alignment. I've never removed the current one, so I don't know if it only goes on one way or anything.

Thanks!

You will have to remove the front sight off your current flash hider and move it to the new one, so you will have to re-zero your sites. As Bill stated, I don't what is to gain other then the "tacticool" look. You can check where Bill mentioned or Fulton Armory.

Mssr. Eleganté
12-11-2007, 8:59 PM
I dunno why you wanna go to that grief though.

It's less grief than having your bayonet keep falling off. :p

Fulton lists a reamed out "National Match" version with a bayonet lug, but for the price listed I doubt it is USGI. I don't see any listed on the other M14 parts retailers web sites, but you can still find them on trader boards or gun shows.

There is still one in my parts box waiting for my retirement.

12-11-2007, 8:59 PM
Replacing the FH on an M1A is relatively straightforward. Unlock the castle nut and slip it off.

You would definately have to re-zero.

You type quicker then me!

ocabj
12-11-2007, 9:00 PM
I've replaced the flash suppressor with muzzle brakes on the SA Inc M1A. All you need is the castle nut wrench. Having the gas cylinder wrench or a bench vise makes it easier, but not *necessary*.

savasyn
12-11-2007, 9:01 PM
You will have to remove the front sight off your current flash hider and move it to the new one, so you will have to rezero your sites. As Bill stated, I don't what is to gain other then the "tacticool" look. You can check where Bill mentioned or Fulton Armory.

Actually, it also adds the ability to mount a bayonet and is one step closer to being back to its original, unlegislated state. I don't want it for the look.

savasyn
12-11-2007, 9:06 PM
It's less grief than having your bayonet keep falling off. :p

Fulton lists a reamed out "National Match" version with a bayonet lug, but for the price listed I doubt it is USGI. I don't see any listed on the other M14 parts retailers web sites, but you can still find them on trader boards or gun shows.

What would I expect to pay for a USGI one? Looks like the one at Fulton is $60.

12-11-2007, 9:19 PM
Actually, it also adds the ability to mount a bayonet and is one step closer to being back to its original, unlegislated state. I don't want it for the look.

You are right. I stand corrected. I must be getting Californized.:mad: