PDA

View Full Version : Always double check your gun cases & make sure they are empty

Addax
12-10-2007, 7:29 PM
Typically I am a very careful and meticulous person.

So back in May we moved to a new house and I loaded up all of my firearms in cases and tranported them etc.

So it took my wife and I like 5 months to unpack and get things all sorted out...

I have all of my parts and accessories in storage containers that I fit into my garage cabinets etc. and I know where I keep everything except for some reason, I could not find one of my Eotech's Sights, and I went through everything and still could not find it...

So after looking and looking, I just could not find it so I thought maybe I lent it to my cousin or one of my shooting buddies, and nothing, nada zip, nobody had it...

I started to go through my office, my personal closet, even my media center, just to make sure I did not misplace it or maybe my wife put it somewhere by mistake, and again, zip, nada, big 0...

I just gave up...

Well, about 2 months after giving up, I was going through one of my gun cases that I was preparing for a rifle I am going to ship. This case has an internal compartment large enough to carry ammo and Viola, an Eotech Sight...:kest:

I put it there for safe keeping and plum forgot all about it....

Good thing I checked my gun case out before shipping the rifle, or else someone would also be the happy owner of a new Eotech sight...

Satex
12-10-2007, 7:40 PM
Didn't it feel like Christmas when you found it?

jdberger
12-10-2007, 7:43 PM
Know the feeling...I'm still looking for a scope that vanished during the last move....:(

Addax
12-10-2007, 8:05 PM
Didn't it feel like Christmas when you found it?

Why yes, yes it did feel like Xmas... :)

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 8:09 PM
Why yes, yes it did feel like Xmas... :)

well your wife could of taken it and wrapped it up for you and put it under the tree. My brothers and I used to do that to our dad :)

Moonclip
12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I've bought used ones and found sight adjusting tools. Also I like when buying and old gun and the original sales receipt is stuck in there somewhere.

socalguns
12-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Be like Santa Claus!!
Make a list, check it twice, inventory is the word :D

The SoCal Gunner
12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
I've bought used ones and found sight adjusting tools. Also I like when buying and old gun and the original sales receipt is stuck in there somewhere.

My latest purchase included a copy of the previous owner's DL, utility bill, invoice, and DROS.

sloguy
12-11-2007, 12:50 AM
My latest purchase included a copy of the previous owner's DL, utility bill, invoice, and DROS.

once i bought a used vest ( level IIIA ) and found a print out of the original owners swat team members home addresses and phone numbers. it was just stuffed into the plate pocket with the plate. the date on the paper was 2 months later than the date of manufacture of the vest. it was all 10+ years old. and from 2000 miles away.

but yes, check pockets. both to keep your own stuff, and to find presents from others.

N6ATF
12-11-2007, 12:54 AM
:eek:

ar15barrels
12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I just quit worrying about things I can't find because I know that they will turn up when I least expect it.

I also lost an Eotech for a few months once.
It also turned out to be in an empty rifle case for "safe keeping"

The thing to do is to order another one.
At some point just before the new one comes in, the old one will magically appear. ;)

ar15barrels
12-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I forgot to mention...
That gun safe I bought from you did not have anything extra in it. ;)

Oh, and with the title of this thread, I was expecting to read about an ND and the resulting hole in the ceiling/wall. :D

Army
12-12-2007, 1:09 AM
When my wife and I were newlyweds, I lost an AMT .380 Back-up. Reported the serial to the Police, along with photo's of the pistol, and had it logged as stolen (noticed it missing after a small dinner party).

6 months later,we bought new bedroom furniture, and while removing the old mattress.......

Yeah, I felt pretty silly going back to the Polce and reporting it NOT stolen, but in possession of a victim of CRS syndrome. They had a good laugh, and told me it happens more times than you would think.

Rob454
12-12-2007, 7:28 PM
Thats pretty good. I do that with my keys sometimes. One time i left them in the fridge. Came home was thirsty went tot he fridge picked up a can of coke and left the keys.
a hour or so later I got a call from the wife and yeah hon Ill meet you there. look for the keys and I mean tore the house apart. meanwhile i got thirsty so I went to the fridge to get a coke and hello keys where have you been.
Total senior moment

Rob

mike100
12-12-2007, 9:26 PM
lost a 22 caliber boresnake in the side pocket of a rifle case for a couple of weeks. That in itself isn't a big thing, but I sure did scour through all my boxes, bags, and turned over a few stones looking for that stupid thing.

FEDUPWBS
12-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Just found my 3 30 rnd preban mini 14 mags in a case tonight! Been there 4 months at least.