PDA

View Full Version : Gun store rant... Sacramento

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 9:08 AM
Grr, god damn, I really miss old Sacramento armory! Was the best place to buy ammo. Every time I go into RCGX, it get asked, "Why do you need this ammo" or "Why do you need this much". "You should use this"

Crap makes me feel like a criminal... I go in to buy .30 Carbine, Fed. JHP for a friend for Christmas and any generic brand .223 HP's.

Conversation basically went like this...

I walked in and up to the counter, waiting to get helpped, one of the older white guys working the counter asks if I need any help.

Me - "Need 200rds of .30 Carbine, Fed JHP and what brands of .223 HP do you have in stock?"

Him, very sarcasticily asks "do you want 100rd mags with that?"

Me - I laughed it off and said nope, just need the ammo.

Him - "What you planning to hunt?"

I didn't feel like having a discussion on hunting, so I just told him - "Ah I don't hunt"

Him - "Well these type of HP's are really only for hunting deer. What do you need them for?"

By this point I was getting annoyed, i told him, "Home defense"

Him - "Get a shotgun then."

Me - "I already own one."

Him - "Well I'm sorry I don't have any HP's in those calibers."

Me - I thanked him and left...

I had this happen to me once before, when I picked up my Mini - 14 from RCGX, I wanted to buy 600rds of .223 when I picked it up and I was asked about half a dozen questions about why I wanted that much ammo.

My girlfriend says it's, because I'm 6ft, 200 pounds with a shaved head and look like a skinhead.

This craps annoying, I'm not looking to discuss the reason I want the ammo. I'm looking to make a purchase and leave.

The reason I wanted the ammo was for rabbit hunting in Nevada.

BONECUTTER
12-10-2007, 9:17 AM
When they ask what you are planning on hunting......

Say "ZOMBIES"

That will shut them up. ;)

I look at it this way....when Im working in a gun shop and someone asked if I have a particular item....the answer is yes....no....or I can order it if your not in a rush.

I offer my opinion when they ask for it..... Sometimes I will ask if the rounds/guns they are asking about are good/bad and uses just so I can hear some other opinions and learn more but its never to put them on the spot.

Its why I like buying ammo from Miwall at shows.....Its one of the few places you can buy 5000 plus rounds and have the person behind the table do nothing but smile.

Pulsar
12-10-2007, 9:31 AM
Should just go to Sportsmans Warehouse in Rocklin, pretty much guarunteed to have the cheapest ammo prices in the sac area.

I know the store where I work (J&G Gunsmithing) we actually tell people to go to sportsmans for ammo because it's so much cheaper, we pretty much only sell ammo in wildcat or hard to find cartridges these days. Sportsmans is a national company and they've got deals with a lot of the gun and ammo companies and they get some serious discounts.

pullnshoot25
12-10-2007, 9:40 AM
What a bunch of horseshat.

milsurpshooter
12-10-2007, 9:43 AM
yes go to sportsman whorehouse. plus they sell all the reloading stuff you need and you get it at/or close to cost. i love it there.

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 9:44 AM
Should just go to Sportsmans Warehouse in Rocklin, pretty much guarunteed to have the cheapest ammo prices in the sac area.

I know the store where I work (J&G Gunsmithing) we actually tell people to go to sportsmans for ammo because it's so much cheaper, we pretty much only sell ammo in wildcat or hard to find cartridges these days. Sportsmans is a national company and they've got deals with a lot of the gun and ammo companies and they get some serious discounts.

Problem is, I live in Elk Grove. I've been hitting up elk grove wally mart for ammo, but I need to restock my HP's and they don't carry anything decent.

I'll have to check out sportsman, I've heard good things about them. As of now I'm waiting for the Jan gunshow

cactus
12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I just bought federal 30 carbine at sports authority yesterday for 15.00 a box. Try to beat that price; all federal ammo is 25% off rite now and no funny questions because they know absolutely nothing! As for the questions maybe the guys just board and looking to strike up a conversation you never know maybe he has some good info or advice . I though gun stores for men were like a salon for women. Good luck!

Casual_Shooter
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Are the gun shop owners under any pressure for being responsible for who they sell to? I'm guessing as long as you are "of age" and pay with real money, once you leave the store, their responsibilities end so they should not need to ask what you need the ammo for.

DedEye
12-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Say "ZOMBIES"

That will shut them up. ;)

I look at it this way....when Im working in a gun shop and someone asked if I have a particular item....the answer is yes....no....or I can order it if your not in a rush.

I offer my opinion when they ask for it..... Sometimes I will ask if the rounds/guns they are asking about are good/bad and uses just so I can hear some other opinions and learn more but its never to put them on the spot.

Its why I like buying ammo from Miwall at shows.....Its one of the few places you can buy 5000 plus rounds and have the person behind the table do nothing but smile.

That's my answer for why I own guns with people I don't want to discuss the issue with ;).

jegonzo3
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I know what you mean.

A friend and I go in there all the time on our lunch hour just to see what they have.

We've mentioned to the owner, at the Reno gun show, that a few of the guys are jerks. We don't know any of their names, so we couldn't be specific with him. We just told him one of the older guys and he says, which one?

If I remember correctly, he said that one of them doesn't even really work there, he's a retired guy and just comes in and helps out.

jegonzo3

VeryCoolCat
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh cmon... this probably has nothing to do with whether or not you were a criminal. He was just trying to strike up a conversation and you were a douche :p

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
It wasn't a "strike up a conversation type of conversation" it was more of a "your stupid and up to know good". You can tell by the tone and facial expressions. Body language says much more then words. :(

supersonic
12-10-2007, 12:11 PM
:nono::icon_bs:Sorry, I love you guys, BUT: I gotta stand behind my boys on this one. Someone is probably referring to Paul, who still has bits & pieces of shrapnel in him from 'Nam. He's in pain 24/7. I think he's earned the right to act anyway he so chooses. And HE DOES SO CHOOSE!!!!!!! That said, you just got to get to know those guys (&PAUL-who is a brilliant man when it comes to his craft: rifles & optics. -He taught me almost everything I know about mounting scopes/accurizing old mil-surp rifles) Anyway, just my .02. Not meant to offend. Just to protect!!!!!!!:)

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Well he loses business from it.. :rolleyes:

Some people aren't looking to make friends with every single person who sells stuff and aren't looking to defend why they need a lot of ammo or what type of ammo. :rolleyes:

Not saying all of RCGX is bad, just most of my trips there have turned out bad.. I've dealt with Horton before and think he does a decent job.

Hoop
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I've gotten some dumbass conversations like that before from a couple local shops. Hell with them, I'll just go to Sportsman's or online.

Fjold
12-10-2007, 12:48 PM
:nono::icon_bs:Sorry, I love you guys, BUT: I gotta stand behind my boys on this one. Someone is probably referring to Paul, who still has bits & pieces of shrapnel in him from 'Nam. He's in pain 24/7. I think he's earned the right to act anyway he so chooses. And HE DOES SO CHOOSE!!!!!!! That said, you just got to get to know those guys (&PAUL-who is a brilliant man when it comes to his craft: rifles & optics. -He taught me almost everything I know about mounting scopes/accurizing old mil-surp rifles) Anyway, just my .02. Not meant to offend. Just to protect!!!!!!!:)

No one in business earns the right to insult and demean customers because he "chooses" to.

If he's a butthole, then he's a butthole no matter what his past is.

Hunter
12-10-2007, 1:10 PM
...My girlfriend says it's, because I'm 6ft, 200 pounds with a shaved head and look like a skinhead.....

Have you tried a wig? :red_indian:

:cool:

MrTuffPaws
12-10-2007, 3:01 PM
Who the heck hunts with JHP?

Fjold
12-10-2007, 3:27 PM
Who the heck hunts with JHP?

I do. I use the Sierra Varminter hollowpoints for ground squirrels and coyotes.

supersonic
12-10-2007, 3:40 PM
No one in business earns the right to insult and demean customers because he "chooses" to.

If he's a butthole, then he's a butthole no matter what his past is.

I'm sorry, but I went back to the original post, and where does it imply that the customer was being "demeaned?" And, in a later post, OP says he can tell by "body language, attitude etc." that this guy was basically telling him "you're up to no good, etc." I'm going to have to call B.S. on this one, other than that, Maybe OP was actually in a different STORE!!!!!! Me: 6'5"; 270 lbs.; hair down to my waist (NOT an exaggeration); tats; etc. & I've been a customer of River City for many years. The ONLY way someone would get treated like that which was described, is if 1) the customer came in from the get-go like a FLAMING, RAGING jacka** towards the said counter person, or 2) if the customer is a regular & got the usual ball-busting that goes back & forth between longtime customers & RCGE guys. Judging by the fact that this was even posted to begin with, I'm going to have to put my money on the probability that it was the former category in which OP was residing.:confused:

scootergmc
12-10-2007, 4:23 PM
I've had too many excellent RCGE experiences to give this thread any credibility.

It also doesn't help if the OP is predisposed when he walks in (after he said he'd never shop there again):

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=753894&postcount=9

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 4:48 PM
It also doesn't help if the OP is predisposed when he walks in (after he said he'd never shop there again):

It's kinda of hard to find ammo, when Old Sac Armory isn't opened anymore. Good way to attack me, instead of discussing the actual store though. :rolleyes:

LECTRIKHED
12-10-2007, 4:56 PM
I miss Old Sac Armory too. I've bought thousands of rounds at a time from RCGXE. Never been hassled. They use to have good deals on PCA spectrum. Couldn't beat $150/1000 anywhere else.

I kinda see what the guy was getting at. I would not sell a bunch of ammo to a skin head. Maybe try not looking like a neo-nazi. You might not get hassled.

I agree a little bit. They can be rude when they realize you're not buying a gun in the next 30 seconds from when they pulled it out of the case.

I want people to buy the old sac location and put in a cool gunshop.

pnkssbtz
12-10-2007, 5:28 PM
Don't mean to grammar nazi you... but I had to read this 3 times before I was able to understand it for some reason...

Original:
"your stupid and up to know good".

Corrected:
"you're stupid and up to know good"

But anyways... its hard to deal with that stigma on firearms. I get a lot of weird looks and snide comments when I buy ammo at walmart from the other people in the sporting area.

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 5:28 PM
Deleted

Just want to re-cap...

1st, you defend the incident, saying the guys a vietnam vet and has a right to do whatever he wants.

2nd, other people have had negative run ins as well at the store. I also admit to having good incidents at the store with one of its other employees.

3rd, someone attacks your comment on the vietnam vet having the right to do whatever he wants.

4th, you come back by calling me a liar and using vulgar language to call me out?

I've bought 2 guns and lots of ammo from RCGX, my good times have always been with Horton or the Flipino guy with the glasses and cane who plays Battlefield 2. The old white guy has been rude to me twice. The first time, I swore I'd never go back.

Sadly though Guns N Stuff doesn't have good prices on ammo and Old Sac is out of business.

Instead of just resulting to an attack, why not supply something useful? Not all of us go into a gun shop looking to make friends with the guy selling them a gun. Heaven forbid someone not enjoy being questioned why they want ammo at your favorite shop..

Fjold
12-10-2007, 6:07 PM
I'm sorry, but I went back to the original post, and where does it imply that the customer was being "demeaned?" And, in a later post, OP says he can tell by "body language, attitude etc." that this guy was basically telling him "you're up to no good, etc." I'm going to have to call B.S. on this one, other than that, Maybe OP was actually in a different STORE!!!!!! Me: 6'5"; 270 lbs.; hair down to my waist (NOT an exaggeration); tats; etc. & I've been a customer of River City for many years. After further review, the description of how OP was treated sounds to me like he was dealing with USDA Prime Sh1t-Steak. No employee (or "help") @ RCGE fits that description. The ONLY way someone would get treated like that which was described, is if 1) the customer came in from the get-go like a FLAMING, RAGING j**k-off towards the said counter person, or 2) if the customer is a regular & got the usual ball-busting that goes back & forth between longtime customers & RCGE guys. Judging by the fact that this was even posted to begin with, I'm going to have to put my money on the probability that it was the former category in which OP was residing.:confused:

I would (and do) consider it demeaning for a salesman to tell me that I don't need the product that I ask for.

The guy has no clue how any particular type of ammunition performs in my guns. The specific brand/type that I ask for may be the only one that performs to my standards after serious testing of many types of ammunition. But the know-it-all behind the counter could not possibly know that.

supersonic
12-10-2007, 6:10 PM
Ummmmmmmm......like Scooter pointed out above:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=753894&postcount=9 YOU started this ......uummmm...."questionable" thread, not I .;)

Creeping Incrementalism
12-10-2007, 6:12 PM
I kinda see what the guy was getting at. I would not sell a bunch of ammo to a skin head. Maybe try not looking like a neo-nazi. You might not get hassled.

Short having something like 88 tattooed on an arm, I challenge you to identify a skinhead from someone preempting baldness.

supersonic
12-10-2007, 6:37 PM
I would (and do) consider it demeaning for a salesman to tell me that I don't need the product that I ask for.

The guy has no clue how any particular type of ammunition performs in my guns. The specific brand/type that I ask for may be the only one that performs to my standards after serious testing of many types of ammunition. But the know-it-all behind the counter could not possibly know that.

You have a point. That being said, if someone @ RCGE "demeans" a customer, 'ya ever thought about the possibility that the customer probably DESERVED it????? 'Cause that's about the only way something like that could go down at that particular store. The ONLY other way would be if they had a "new hire" smart***** youngster in there. But then he'd last about as long as a fart in the wind. The "elder statesmen" of River City? Nah.;)

magsnubby
12-10-2007, 6:45 PM

Say "ZOMBIES"

I'll remember that one next time somone says "What do you need that for?" while pointing at my AK. My usual response is "In case a get attacked by a rabid chipmunk".

Bizcuits
12-10-2007, 6:47 PM
Ummmmmmmm......like Scooter pointed out above:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=753894&postcount=9 YOU started this ......uummmm...."questionable" thread, not I .;)

You keep quoting my post, but yet you fail to see the part which says

"they won't get my business again, unless I have no other choice."

With Old Sac gone, I had no other LOCAL choice, as I live in South Sac

You seem to be on the defense of "these guys are my friends, so they must have done nothing wrong" yet multiple other people on this forum and in this thread have complained of the attitude of RCGX employees.

Perhaps you should stop attacking me and actually read what is written?

dfletcher
12-10-2007, 6:49 PM
My experience @ RCGX has always been good. I don't know Paul by name, but if he's the older fellow with glasses, he gave me alot of help on sight bases, peep rears and globe front sights when I picked up my Rem 40X last year. Spent quite a bit of time digging through boxes and such matching up bases & finding screws and pretty much gave them away - the price on the 40X was damn good also.

I understand that some people draw conclusions based on appearance - I've been told more than once that I've got the "ATF" look all over me & tend to get a suspicious once over from time to time.

Regardless of the store, I take in the good times and don't allow the bad experiences to bug me.

45R
12-10-2007, 7:32 PM
Grr, god damn, I really miss old Sacramento armory! Was the best place to buy ammo. Every time I go into RCGX, it get asked, "Why do you need this ammo" or "Why do you need this much". "You should use this"

Crap makes me feel like a criminal... I go in to buy .30 Carbine, Fed. JHP for a friend for Christmas and any generic brand .223 HP's.

I walked in and up to the counter, waiting to get helpped, one of the older white guys working the counter asks if I need any help.

Me - "Need 200rds of .30 Carbine, Fed JHP and what brands of .223 HP do you have in stock?"

I didn't feel like having a discussion on hunting, so I just told him - "Ah I don't hunt"

Him - "Well these type of HP's are really only for hunting deer. What do you need them for?"

I had this happen to me once before, when I picked up my Mini - 14 from RCGX, I wanted to buy 600rds of .223 when I picked it up and I was asked about half a dozen questions about why I wanted that much ammo.

My girlfriend says it's, because I'm 6ft, 200 pounds with a shaved head and look like a skinhead.

This craps annoying, I'm not looking to discuss the reason I want the ammo. I'm looking to make a purchase and leave.

I've been a long time customer of RCGE. Its one of the only places in town that when you walk in the sales people know you by name.

I have to say that I'm in a pretty pissy mood today and I still don't find your conversation offensive. From time to time a sales person may question someones choice of ammo. For example.......

Customer: I'd like some #8 Shotshells.
Sales: Let me get them for you...What are you planning on hunting.
Customer: I need protection from Bears
Sales: Then what you need is 00 buck. Not # 8 shotshells.

Now if the customer actually used the #8 Birdshot on the bear....he'd probably be dead.

Maybe Paul was looking out for you when he asked you about your ammo choice. I find the service their A++++ and I'll continue to refer all my family and friends.

metalhead357
12-10-2007, 8:38 PM
Just a suggestion everyone. Why not PM Don....he is a member here......

Take it to the top & I bet you'll get (or at least I hope you'll get) a decent response outta him.

I aint been to that shop in God almightly knows how long so I cant even remeber it let alone comment much on it.

Mr. Joshua
12-11-2007, 1:31 AM
Just tell them you're starting a Neighborhood Watch program. :D

rg_1111@yahoo.com
12-11-2007, 7:46 AM
metalhead357,

Your right. + 1 On Don very nice guy and very helpfull.

M5police
12-11-2007, 9:26 AM
That is why I order online now for ammo. Sometimes a little more but I d rather pay the little more for less lip service I would get in return.

Try www.ammoman.com or GeorgiaArms? Both are good.

Mize
12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I think we have all had at least one bad experience at a gun shop, and I'm sure gun shop owners and workers can say the same about customers. If I owned a gun shop I would be excited to sell you anything in my store, and lots of it. I find a lot of people at gun shops to be rude "know it alls." It can turn off someone who is new to our way of life. Gun shops are disappearing and not growing. We should do our best to support them when we can, and they should do their best to be friendly and make people feel welcome, without asking annoying questions. That being said, I buy all my ammo online:rolleyes:

12-11-2007, 1:37 PM
I've bought several guns from RCGX and overall have been well pleased with service, prices, and attitude. I did have one bad experience there and won't get into it as I'm sure it'd get picked apart to the point where I become a nazi or communist or democrat or whatever. :eek:

Point is, everyplace can give a bad experience. When I get one, I blow them off for several months making sure they've missed out on a lot (and I mean a lot) of my business and then I go back and see how it goes. If I regularly get bad experiences then I will only go to the place as a last resort.

Toolbox X
12-11-2007, 6:00 PM
I buy all of my ammo at Sportsmans Guide :)

supersonic
12-11-2007, 7:12 PM
I buy all of my ammo at Sportsmans Guide :)

Didn't they stop shipping most of their "good stuff' (incl. ammo) to Ca., Sac in particular? I could swear that's why I throw away EVERY catalog they send me as soon as I get it. They send 'em like, WEEKLY!:mad:

heyjak
12-11-2007, 8:09 PM
SG will not send anything ammunition or "assault Rifle" likeness to Sac. Zip codes. I even tried to use my work address at McClellan (former Air Force Base) and that was denied. I called and questioned them on this after they said it was "illegal" to send me an AR-15 bipod. I was told their "Board of Directors" was tired of fighting the threats from California lawyers and so wouldn't chance sending any "questionable" items to Sac address. The Gary Olen creature who appears in their catalogs apparently sold the company many years ago to a FRENCH consortium (the "Board of Directors") who make all the rules. I asked for my membership fee to be returned and all I got was two $10 off "no limit" coupons for my "next order". I immediately sent back to them the Cobb Cooker that I had used and hated (it was too hard to clean) and they actually gave me a full refund. I too, now toss their weekly catalogs! They do not deserve any of our business!:mad::mad::mad:

heyjak
12-11-2007, 8:14 PM
In the Sacramento area, I've tried them all. The best, most consistently low prices I've found are at the Reno Gun Shows- not from the Miwalls and Ammo Depots but from smaller vendors who will sell at good prices and NOT CHARGE SALES TAX. Illegal? Maybe. But I'm after the best price and don't care to pay shipping or sales tax.:)

heyjak
12-11-2007, 8:26 PM
I've had too many excellent RCGE experiences to give this thread any credibility.

Here's how you handle the "old white guy" (I happen to be one myself). When he asks what you consider to be an inaproppriate or insulting question, just give it right back to him with a smarta** answer. He apparently likes to "test" out people to see how far he can go with the intimidation. (I think he gets seriously bored) Granted, this is not what I'd call real "Customer Service". I hit him up on one of his "off days" and was thinking I nearly had a fight on my hands, but soon realized that he just has a weird, warped sense of humor. He seems to really know his stuff about certain guns and so I let him go on with his opinion, then said "thanks" and walked out. This is not a gun store where you can expect to be pampered. (at least not by him) The other employees have different approaches entirely, so if you're not courageous enough to "do battle" with the old man, wait for one of the other clerks.;)

heyjak
12-11-2007, 8:28 PM
Oh cmon... this probably has nothing to do with whether or not you were a criminal. He was just trying to strike up a conversation and you were a douche :p

Very perceptive comment!;)

heyjak
12-11-2007, 8:35 PM

The "old man" (I am one myself) just likes to F**K with people. He probably thought you could "take it". I've had a couple of "conversations" with the old F*rt myself. I guess I realized early on that he just is a grumpy old fart! And a KIA as well! I'm quite sure that if you don't blink or appear offended, he will back off. If you do blink, he'll know he's "gotcha" and will likely continue to play his sick game on you!;)

supersonic
12-12-2007, 5:13 AM
The "old man" (I am one myself) just likes to F**K with people. He probably thought you could "take it". I've had a couple of "conversations" with the old F*rt myself. I guess I realized early on that he just is a grumpy old fart! And a KIA as well! I'm quite sure that if you don't blink or appear offended, he will back off. If you do blink, he'll know he's "gotcha" and will likely continue to play his sick game on you!;)

If you can figure him out (it is VERY easy) & you have a good sense of humor & respect what he says (within reason;)), while at the same time letting him know that "it's what I want, no matter what," you'll be just fine. If you roll w/ his "eccentricity", you'll learn certain things that will PAY$OFF (sometimes UNBELIEVABLY) in the future. It's not rocket science. You get his back scratched, and he'll make sure you get a massage + a "happy ending"-- on HIS dime$!:D

scootergmc
12-12-2007, 6:37 PM
It's kinda of hard to find ammo, when Old Sac Armory isn't opened anymore. Good way to attack me, instead of discussing the actual store though. :rolleyes:

I always consider the source;). The fact you got your feelings hurt has nothing to do with the actual store, just your perception. I do know the employee in question and have never had a problem with him. He makes me laugh. I'm sure he's sold me a few of the guns in my safe.

However, get your feelings hurt once, shame on them (according to your previous thread).
Go back for seconds, shame on you.

As for the actual store discussion, Don has been very good to me. I go there quite often, at least a couple times per month, have never felt ripped off, insulted, demeaned, butthurt, whatever. They have good prices and excellent customer service. As for the discussion of them not wanting to help a person portraying a "negative" image, the last time I was there I had to wait while two employees patiently helped two individuals who effectively dressed and looked every part of the prototypical gangbanger. They were treated just like everyone else, like an important customer. Oh yeah, they dropped over $200 on ammo, etc when it was all over. Another employee was busy helping a guy with a gun pick up who looked like he just got kicked out of a BART terminal for panhandling for money for his next heroin fix. I said to myself, "Self, how many of these dudes would get the stinkeye from employees at another gun shop?" They do an excellent job of helping everyone and I have yet to see any sort of bias from their employees. If you're legal, they'll hook you up. Plain and simple.

Speaking of Don-- he's a great owner and has provided me with excellent service, calling me when my guns come in, letting me know when new firearms arrive and checking my interest, even when he gets consignments in which I may have an interest. I will continue to shop there without hesitation. Every one of my firearms purchases there has gone off without a hitch or reservation on either end. I have no complaints.

As you can see, I'm more than happy to discuss the store itself, the owner, its employees, my experiences, etc.

CA357
12-12-2007, 7:48 PM
I'm a regular at RCGE. I've bought a bunch of guns and ammo there. It's a real gun shop, not WalMart with some hunting supplies stuffed in next to the fishing gear.
I also used to occasionally patronize the Armory, it was similar in feel, but without the variety and volume that RCGE has.
BTW, RCGE moved into their new store, two doors down from the old one. It's much larger and brighter and there's a bunch of fine inventory showing up on the racks and in the cases. The old place didn't have the room to display too much.
The staff is excellent there. I have always been treated very politely and professionally. I've never seen them treat anybody poorly. They may not waste a lot of time with some goof that's just wasting time, but I've never seen them be rude. I'm in there several times a week.
Paul is a very decent guy and he's extremely knowledgeable. If he's too grumpy for ya, deal with a different person. Or, vote with your wallet and don't go there anymore. Your choice.
If you are a regular there, chances are that the guys there will bust your chops a bit once in a while. You're expected to give it right back to them. Men shop there. RCGE does not provide the Nordstroms type of shopping experience.:D

* A brief word about Paul. He really is in pain 24/7. He's a combat veteran, not some bull**** wannabe like so many of the bull**** artists here. He's paid his dues. The "old white guy" references reinforce my belief that many of the members here are very young and very ignorant. Some of you guys should consider joining the Mall Ninja Forum. :rolleyes:

supersonic
12-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Why was there so much crying by people (mostly OP) when I originally said essentially the exact same stuff as above???? Don't get some people!!!:nuts:

CA357
12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Why was there so much crying by people (mostly OP) when I originally said essentially the exact same stuff as above???? Don't get some people!!!:nuts:

I don't know, I'm just a grumpy old white guy. :D

scootergmc
12-13-2007, 6:25 PM
I don't know, I'm just a grumpy old white guy. :D

I dunno either. And I'm not a grumpy old white guy.... ;)