PDA

View Full Version : Woman Accused of Bringing Loaded Gun Into Disney World

viras
12-10-2007, 8:36 AM
LINK TO STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316267,00.html)

Woman Accused of Bringing Loaded Gun Into Disney World

There was a little less enchantment in the Magic Kingdom Sunday morning when a 63-year-old Pennsylvania woman was taken into custody for allegedly bringing a loaded semi-automatic into the park.

Disney World security personnel reportedly discovered a silver handgun on Mary Ann Richardson as she entered the park with other family members, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. The .32-caliber Beretta handgun had been loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine, but the chamber was empty, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.

Richardson claimed she regularly traveled with the gun and forgot she had been carrying it around in her purse. Also found in Richardson’s purse was a pair of scissors and a locked blade knife, authorities said. She was charged with possession of a concealed weapon.

DedEye
12-10-2007, 8:52 AM
LINK TO STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316267,00.html)

Woman Accused of Bringing Loaded Gun Into Disney World

There was a little less enchantment in the Magic Kingdom Sunday morning when a 63-year-old Pennsylvania woman was taken into custody for allegedly bringing a loaded semi-automatic into the park.

Disney World security personnel reportedly discovered a silver handgun on Mary Ann Richardson as she entered the park with other family members, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. The .32-caliber Beretta handgun had been loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine, but the chamber was empty, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.

Richardson claimed she regularly traveled with the gun and forgot she had been carrying it around in her purse. Also found in Richardson’s purse was a pair of scissors and a locked blade knife, authorities said. She was charged with possession of a concealed weapon.

I read that title and subconsciously replaced the name "Disney World" with "Disneyland." I was going to suggest that perhaps she had a FL CCW and didn't realize that it wasn't valid in CA, but after reading the story and seeing that it took place in that Orange County and not the one in CA, I realized that obviously wasn't it.

Did she have a FL CCW? If she did and she carried it into the park, what law did she break besides the company policy?

Two Shots
12-10-2007, 8:56 AM
How did the security department see the weapon if it was concealed? Do they have the people go thru metal detectors and search purses?

maschronic
12-10-2007, 9:02 AM
no metal detectors. they just check purses and backpacks. the security check at Disneyland is a joke!!! if you are not carrying a purse or a backpack, they will not check you. you can just walk by and they don't even give you a second look. :mad:

LECTRIKHED
12-10-2007, 9:29 AM
I went to the state fair with my friend who is a deputy. I had a bag, and they made me open it so they could look through every tiny pocket. He had no bag, so they just waived him through.

The guy had a gigantic bulge where he had his gun on his side. Plus he dresses like a thug when not in uniform.

I felt real safe.

FortCourageArmory
12-10-2007, 9:51 AM
If she had a PA CCW (she was from PA after all), the local sheriff's would have given her a pass and just had her leave the park. Being arrested for carrying a concealed weapon leads me to believe that she was packing without a permit. Felony stupid and strike one. The HUGE signs that Disney puts up at their parking structures and at the main gate of the park where the security check is done specifically say NO WEAPONS. That it didn't dawn on her to check to see if her pistol was present is another count of felony stupid and strike two. Using the "I forgot" excuse is felony stuipd yet again and strike three. She's out. This kind of thing doesn't help anyone.

viras
12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
The original reason I posted this was because I thought it was hilarious that the cops busted a sweet little ol' pistol-packing Gramma!

But now that I read some of your comments, you guys bring up some interesting stuff...

odesskiy
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm with FCA for sure. If you are not responsible enough to obey all laws, you shouldn't carry or even own a a gun.

jegonzo3
12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Maybe she was mad at Mickey for some reason. :cool:

Fjold
12-10-2007, 1:01 PM
The original reason I posted this was because I thought it was hilarious that the cops busted a sweet little ol' pistol-packing Gramma!

But now that I read some of your comments, you guys bring up some interesting stuff...

Maybe she was a gang banger/tweeker/terrorist. Old people commit crimes too.

Mute
12-10-2007, 1:05 PM
What gives them authority to actually take her into custody? If she had refused to leave and insisted on entering the park than they have grounds for such action, but it seems pretty clear this was unintentional.