PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Comfortech stock review

Woody559
06-19-2013, 7:05 PM
Wondering if anyone has reviews/ comments on the Benelli Comfortech stock. Is it worth the extra $$$? I've read some online reviews, seems to go both ways, just looking for some opinions here. Thanks

esskay
06-19-2013, 7:12 PM
I haven't swapped stocks on the exact same gun, but comparing an M1 with regular stock vs an M2 with Comfortech -- I do notice the M2 does not kick as hard.

Wodsworthy
06-19-2013, 7:30 PM
How much money are we talking about? Either way I love it on my gun.

Woody559
06-19-2013, 7:46 PM
About $200. That gets you the Comfortech stock, 2 extra chokes, and a hard case that will probably see no use as you have to break the gun down to fit in the case.

I'm willing to spend the extra if its really worth it. Like I said, Ive read mixed reviews online, but looking for a few more here before I fork out the extra cash

kdruff2
06-19-2013, 8:59 PM
I shot my buddy's Mossberg and Benelli M4, along with my M2 Field, side by side and clearly, the Mossberg was the one that left a welt on my cheek and shoulder. I did not test it side by side w like shotguns, but I'm a believer.

I don't think it's just the hype or the marketing literature, felt recoil is truly reduced.

yoitsbruce
06-19-2013, 9:40 PM
mossy was my 1st shotgun followed by an 870. until i shot a benelli thats all i have now.i believe that the comfort tech has something to do with it & butter smooth action i do have one for sale but that was the 'bosses' decision.

Woody559
06-20-2013, 5:45 AM
For sale?

toyotaguy
06-20-2013, 6:55 AM
I haven't shot them side by side, but I have shot hundreds of rounds out of my supernova in 1 day with minimal soreness compared to shooting my old Ithaca 37 that has no but pad of any kind. I am very happy with my supernova at the range and in the field.

cal3gunner
06-20-2013, 8:02 AM
I have shot the comfortech and the pistol grip side by side on the M2. The difference is not night and day big but there is a difference. The gel recoil pad is much softer and better shaped which helps a lot. The pistol grip stocks pad is harder and designed to be on a gun sitting in a police cruiser rack all day.

I shot 3 Gun for a year using a pistol gripped M1. When I tried the M2 with a comfortech, I had to have it and that's what I have been using for the last few years. For me it's more comfortable and easier to shoot. My stock has been stippled and had the bottom of the recoil pad reshaped.

If you want a bad ***** Benelli, call Taran at Taran Tactical Innovations. I run his bolt carrier, small parts, and had him bend my barrel so it's dead on with slugs at 50 yards.

Woody559
06-20-2013, 2:16 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Sounds like it might be worth the extra few bucks. I plan on using for many years to come so wanted to be happy with the purchase. I think I'll go ahead with the Comfortech and hope for the best.

esskay
06-20-2013, 7:15 PM
I'm not sure there was a choice when I got mine but I'm happy I have the comfortech stock.

I should note that I haven't used the hard case since I pulled the shotgun out of it. And the included chokes have been replaced by Briley extended chokes.

But buy once cry once, as they say...

Woody559
06-20-2013, 7:27 PM
Are the factory chokes not that good? Or are the Brileys that much better. I'll be getting a 28" barrel, what Briley choke would you recommend? Mainly a duck gun

esskay
06-21-2013, 1:03 PM
Sorry should have clarified, mine's for 3-gun not hunting, nothing's wrong with the factory chokes... The Brileys are extended so easier to change quickly for different stages and print slugs all in the same place, so I run them instead. Mainly run IC, light mod and diffusion.