PDA

View Full Version : Is the Bersa 380 OK here in California? - Answered - Thank You Guys!

tacticalcity
12-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Someone offered me a trade where I would be receiving a Bersa 380. The FFL I use is out of the office for the weekend and I was hoping somebody would know if the DOJ has any issues with the Bursa Thunder 380. It is currently outside California.

Thanks for the help guys.

blacklisted
12-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Check here: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

According to this, the Bersa Thunder 380 with 3.5" barrel (plain, duotone, gold, and nickel) is approved for sale.

MedSpec65
12-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Someone offered me a trade where I would be receiving a Bersa 380. The FFL I use is out of the office for the weekend and I was hoping somebody would know if the DOJ has any issues with the Bursa Thunder 380. It is currently outside California.

Thanks for the help guys.I checked the DOJ Handgun Roster. Looks like Bersa Thunder 4140 series are Certified for sale here in CA. .380, 9mm and .45ACP.

tacticalcity
12-09-2007, 1:05 PM
Thank you very much. You guys are great! I love this forum.

Anybody have any opinions on this little handgun? Everything I have found so far say it is like an "improved ppk". They say the trigger pull is lighter and smoother and it has some added features that the ppk does not.

Is that assesment correct in your oppinions?

CSDGuy
12-09-2007, 1:10 PM
I have no opinion on that Bersa, mostly because I've never shot one. However, you need to be absolutely sure it's on the DOJ list specifically by make/model otherwise the pistol will be unimportable through an FFL. The DOJ doesn't have anything against the Bersa's that are on the list... those that are passed the tests...

tacticalcity
12-09-2007, 1:18 PM
Yeap! It is there: Thunder 380 Duotone / 4140 Steel, Alloy Pistol 3.5" .380 4/9/2008. Thanks for the help. I bookmarked that page for future referrance. As always Calguns.net comes to the rescue!

I am hoping this will make a nice BACKUP and GIRLFRIEND FRIENDLY handgun.

Here is a pic of my soon to be new toy...

http://www.tacticalcity.com/BersaPackage008.jpg

The only thing that scares me about it is that it is too pretty. The most reliable guns I have ever owned have been ugly as sin (i.e. Glocks).

WokMaster1
12-09-2007, 1:22 PM
DROS away. I got one from out of state for cheap....:D

tacticalcity
12-09-2007, 1:26 PM
"DROS away. I got one from out of state for cheap...."

What was your opinion of it?

MedSpec65
12-09-2007, 1:37 PM
Bersa .380's are popular with many female concealed carriers. You might do an internet search for forums devoted to Bersa owners. I've seen at least one.

Teletiger7
12-09-2007, 1:38 PM

My dad has a version of that same handgun called a firestorm .380, but from what I understand they are made by the same manufacturer. It has been compared to the PPK and many people think it's a great value for a reliable .380. It shoots well and being a simple blowback recoil design(like most .380s) it's very easy to clean and maintain. It' sturdy and we haven't had any issues with it. It would make a great CCW piece too, very compact. There's very little percieved recoil with good balance. My dad uses it for home defense with Federal Hydra Shoks cause he doesn't like heavy recoil.

tacticalcity
12-09-2007, 1:42 PM
Cool. Thanks. I could not find anything negative written about them online. Which seemed like a first for me. Normally you find a small group of people who hate the gun you're looking at.

WokMaster1
12-09-2007, 4:19 PM

Haven't shot it yet. It was NIB. I love the look & feel but am not planning on shooting it. Too pretty..lol! A lot of people love it but like anything else, I'm sure you'll have the naysayers. It is what it is.