PDA

View Full Version : OLL Build tools

skeetskeet
12-09-2007, 2:04 AM
Anyone know where I can buy/rent a brass roll pin punch and brass hammer locally in San Diego? If you say Home Depot, I'll slap myself for not looking and being dumb.

And you think the 1st two stands on http://www.plastixplustx.com/ar15/ar15.html will handle a lower receiver build?

sloguy
12-09-2007, 2:40 AM
any hardware store should have punches and a brass hammer. unless im crazy.

bobfried
12-09-2007, 3:04 AM
You do not need any of the above. All you need is some duct/electrical tape and a pair of plier. Everything else can be assembled with hand tools. The only other specialty tool would be the universal tool as sold by DPMS and others to install the buttstock.

RobT2K
12-09-2007, 7:56 AM
+1 on the "no special tools needed"
I just used the taped up vise grips method, and it worked fine. Had my lower assembled in 30mins. I did get a set of punches, but they were steel and I didn't really need them. It just helped to push the pins in all the way flush.
I got them at harbor freight

dilligaf180
12-09-2007, 8:00 AM
anyone know about the epoxy in a vulcan arms lower

dilligaf180
12-09-2007, 9:18 AM
anyone know anything bout the epoxy in thevulcan arms ca legal lower any help is greatly appreciated

gn3hz3ku1*
12-09-2007, 10:13 AM
You do not need any of the above. All you need is some duct/electrical tape and a pair of plier. Everything else can be assembled with hand tools. The only other specialty tool would be the universal tool as sold by DPMS and others to install the buttstock. + 1 just remmeber to take up the plier well....

fairfaxjim
12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
+ 1 just remmeber to take up the plier well....

+1, and check to make sure it hasn't slipped and exposed the end of the pliers. You can make a detent installation tool for the pivot pin with a 1/4' dowel by drilling a hole in it. Saves chasing down or begging for replacment pins.

For your first one, the key is take your time, read the instructions, and understand what you are going to do at each step. After the first one, they are a breeze, and the first is no big deal.

Blue
12-09-2007, 10:20 AM
anyone know anything bout the epoxy in thevulcan arms ca legal lower any help is greatly appreciated

The crap that was in mine was almost like silicone. Really soft and squishy. I just took the mag button out and scraped all of the goo out with a dental pick.

Blacktail 8541
12-09-2007, 11:03 AM
The small roll pin punch is the only punch that reall makes a differance.

rod
12-10-2007, 6:47 AM
You can borrow my tools. I'm in San Diego.