PDA

View Full Version : SKS Front Site

bee7851
12-08-2007, 9:37 AM
I want to know how easily an SKS front site is to remove. Is it just a pin?

What's involved in this process?

Thanks!

!@#$
12-08-2007, 12:09 PM
unscrew the front sight then you can drive out the drum. you can do the whole thing with those $10 ak/sks front sight tools.

railroader
12-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Are you trying to remove just the sight post or the thew whole sight assembly? The post screws out. To remove the sight assembly there 2 pins to knock out then the sight assembly needs to be pressed off or I have beaten them off:eek:. I have used a piece of hard wood and a small sledge hammer to knock them off. Some sight assemblies come off easier than others. Mark

bee7851
12-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks all.

What I'm trying to do is take the whole assembly off. With that said, do I unscrew the front post off first? Then knock out the 2 pins? Or can I just take the 2 pins off to knock out the assembly without taking off the post?

hope that wasn't confusing.

!@#$
12-08-2007, 1:16 PM
if you want the whole sight tower/block off then all you need to do is drive out both pins(i think they only go one way. it should be easy to see. you may need to drill them as i have seen some that were peened). then hammer or press off the assembly. the wood block idea from above will work. i would squirt some oil in there and let it sit for a day first.

bee7851
12-08-2007, 1:39 PM
Got It!!! Thanks! I'll try that out tonight and will keep you posted.

Happy Holidays!