View Full Version : Another Mag Lock!

12-08-2007, 8:41 AM
I had a few mag locks of my own design made. Do they have to be approved by CA DOJ before I can use on my OL rifles....Thanks

12-08-2007, 8:52 AM
None of the existing mag locks are approved by the DOJ. Good luck trying to get a statement out of them....

12-08-2007, 9:02 AM
Just make darn sure that you CAN NOT get the mag out with out a tool.

That being said, you don't need DOJ/BOF approval. They wont approve it even if you tried.

12-08-2007, 9:06 AM
Thanks for the reply guys!
Hey MonsterMan the rifle in the pic has one of your grips on it. They Rock!
What a great product!

12-08-2007, 9:09 AM
Thanks. I am happy you like it.

12-08-2007, 9:30 AM
wait if you have a mmg then why are you using a mag lock?

12-08-2007, 9:49 AM
Got the mag lock back from EDM last night grabbed first rifle on the rack. I use my Beta C-Mag on this one.

12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure you know this, but you can never use a more than 10 round magazine with a magazine lock.

As MM said above - just make sure that no one, not even a female with small fingers, can remove the magazine w/o a tool.

12-08-2007, 10:54 AM
wait if you have a mmg then why are you using a mag lock?

You'll still need the lock if you have other "evil" features such as a flash supressor.

And like Gene reminded, make sure the mag cannot hold more than 10 rounds at a time when using the mag lock on a OLL.

12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I could be wrong, but based on the pictures, it looks like a thin blade like object is used to drop the mag. Geneís comment about a female with small fingers got me thinking. If this is how it works, someone with long finger nails could potentially drop the mag without a tool. I donít know if they could or not but it is just a thought. Good job though on being creative and coming up with new ideas.

12-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Could someone with long nails trimmed down enough to fit into the current BB's unlock the mag? Just wondering. Cause if so, then the mag could be detached without a tool. :eek:

12-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I was going to use BB's on my rifle's but didn't like the added length of the button. So I designed a new style that would not increase the length and make it harder if not imposible to release mag without a tool of some sort pen, pencil, bullet ect. there is a hole approx. .185 in dia that alows you to push in the factory mag catch. Was thinking of mass producing and selling but WAY to expensive to do. Don't think there is much of a market for a 80.00 mag lock

12-08-2007, 1:44 PM
I would not worry about the current BB. That has a hole that the tool must be inserted into. I have never seen a fingernail strong enough to be made into that much of a point and depress the button. This looked, based on the picture, like a slit rather than a hole. If that is the case, and something flat could get in there, then a fingernail could potentially do it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just looked closer and that flat thing is a handle for a punch type tool. No slit like I was thinking. Looks good. Sorry for any confusion.

12-08-2007, 1:58 PM

If someone had a coke dip nail, they might get it but I wouldn't worry about that legally. It's more that I have this guy in my office who is 5'6" and has tiny enough hands that he could actuate the old Metroshot kit for example. He can not actuate the Bullet Button however.